IGNORED

Vinyl Represses!!

BUNKUM

Draft and Confield were announced a year ago today — it's time for Untilted, pls.

Also, for the Quaristice repress, how about also having Versions and Quadrange on vinyl too.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, jules said:

Draft and Confield were announced a year ago today — it's time for Untilted, pls.

Also, for the Quaristice repress, how about also having Versions and Quadrange on vinyl too.

quadrange would fit very nicely on a 3xLP set. i tried putting the first 12 tracks on a C90 cassette tape and it worked out very nicely, roughly 45 minutes on each side without having to reorder the tracks.

three tracks per side. 45 minutes per LP. subrange 6-36 would be split across one LP with 30 minutes per side. (i know that "all end" was lucky enough to get three sides of vinyl at 20 minutes each on the NTS box set, but on the other hand, 30 minutes squeezed onto one side was good enough for Brain Eno's Discreet Music back in 1975...)

hot damn i want this now. take my money sean and rob 😋

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My initial response to Quaristice was preferring Versions because it felt more like a 'traditional' Ae album, I'm sure that was part of the discussion at the time, that's how it'd sound if it was done in the format of earlier albums. Over time I've really come to love the main album, though, and while the supplementary material has some great stuff, but I'm strangely not champing at the bit for any kind of reissue (not that I'm expecting it anyway - we've not had any other 12"s come out, surprisingly). But yes, I'd imagine the next three will be coming along this year at some point. Might be time for me to reapproach Oversteps, see if I can get on with it now.

Yeah I can't see any reason why they would do a physical release for Quadrange seeing as they didn't at the time and the whole idea behind it was taking advantage of the rise in popularity of downloads to reveal a load of additional material they previously wouldn't have bothered with. Versions reissue is slightly more realistic but still pretty damn unlikely. 

They must be selling well tho, to keep going at this pace, theres plenty of older Aphex/Squarepusher records that are desperately in need of a new edition. Maybe its something to do with their contract, dont Ae have some clause that stipulates their stuff needs to be kept in print? Maybe that includes different formats as well.

Edited by Key