IGNORED

Has Assange and Wikileaks been compromised ?

YO303

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can anyone TL;DR assange for me?

Rapist hackivist who is a Russian asset and was one of the main actors in the Hilary "...but her emails!" Clinton scandal that lead to lots of dumb people voting in Trump.

bs

can anyone TL;DR assange for me?

the CIA has a massive vindictive hard on for him for airing their dirty laundry. fuck those conniving ne’er-do-wells.

1) lol

2) also per usual Onion delivers the solid and deserved Boo-urns :dadjoke: -

https://www.theonion.com/media-condemns-julian-assange-for-reckless-exposure-of-1834010623

• 3 weeks later...

Why no, anyway? Do you really welcome a dystopian future where free speech is completely repressed? A future where corruption runs rampant and governments can imprison dissenters with impunity, disregarding the rule of law as they please. Say you are heartless and all you care about is your material possessions (which I doubt very many of us are - maybe 1%). What if an all powerful government brought in laws to take away your right to the ownership of your property for the ‘common good’ (ie a technocratic communist type system). Would even those of us who only care about their own interests come to regret giving up the right speak out? My point is it serves everyone’s interests to protect journalistic integrity.

No 3..

Also, what has Wikileaks got to do with journalistic integrity? Perhaps it started out that way. If you ask me, Assange compromised wikileaks. Nothing wrong with wikileaks, imo. It's the Assange show which got problematic. Or put differently, it went wrong the minute wikileaks became the Assange show. It stopped being about wikileaks and instead started being about Assange.

Pilger is a moron. One of the many useful idiots for despotic regimes around the world, as long as they're in conflict with western democracies they'll whitewash their crimes and downplay their numerous abuses of power (see Pilger's recent very shitty book on China for a great example of this). Western democracies aren't without their problems of course, and journalists should be free to investigate and document them; there's no reason they need to do this in addition to providing cover for the obviously worse activities of far shittier countries, or in the case of Assange actively partaking in their propaganda campaigns. The world is a very complicated place, it's very easy for people who aren't very smart to fall into simplistic manichean narratives, and fall victim to paranoid conspiracies because they assume someone has to be in control of world events, rather than the actual case of it all being a giant chaotic mess.

...Western democracies aren't without their problems of course, and journalists should be free to investigate and document them; there's no reason they need to do this in addition to providing cover for the obviously worse activities of far shittier countries,...

The real problem is with the bold part (my emphasis). It really is no use pointing fingers around; western 'democracies' are run by just as corrupt cabal of criminal technocrats as the 'savages' they fight. not to mention hundreds of years of global colonization and terror. When you play dirty, you get dirty. I'm on neither side here, just saying that advocating western global politics with such fervor as it is seen lately is just the cattle-minded loudmouth the west needs - feeding the machiavelian politics. Assange is a symptom, and all is quite tragic really

The real problem is with the bold part (my emphasis). It really is no use pointing fingers around; western 'democracies' are run by just as corrupt cabal of criminal technocrats as the 'savages' they fight.

No they're not.

Pilger is a moron. One of the many useful idiots for despotic regimes around the world, as long as they're in conflict with western democracies they'll whitewash their crimes and downplay their numerous abuses of power (see Pilger's recent very shitty book on China for a great example of this). Western democracies aren't without their problems of course, and journalists should be free to investigate and document them; there's no reason they need to do this in addition to providing cover for the obviously worse activities of far shittier countries, or in the case of Assange actively partaking in their propaganda campaigns. The world is a very complicated place, it's very easy for people who aren't very smart to fall into simplistic manichean narratives, and fall victim to paranoid conspiracies because they assume someone has to be in control of world events, rather than the actual case of it all being a giant chaotic mess.

He is obviously not a moron. You have to trash anything that doesn't fit into your narrow little worldview. Totally blinkered. You label anyone who questions UK/US foreign policy as stupid, mental, paranoid etc. You have an arrogant, abusive, supercilious attitude.  Reading your posts is like rubbing glass into my eyes. 

...Western democracies aren't without their problems of course, and journalists should be free to investigate and document them; there's no reason they need to do this in addition to providing cover for the obviously worse activities of far shittier countries,...

The real problem is with the bold part (my emphasis). It really is no use pointing fingers around; western 'democracies' are run by just as corrupt cabal of criminal technocrats as the 'savages' they fight. not to mention hundreds of years of global colonization and terror. When you play dirty, you get dirty. I'm on neither side here, just saying that advocating western global politics with such fervor as it is seen lately is just the cattle-minded loudmouth the west needs - feeding the machiavelian politics. Assange is a symptom, and all is quite tragic really

great post.

The real problem is with the bold part (my emphasis). It really is no use pointing fingers around; western 'democracies' are run by just as corrupt cabal of criminal technocrats as the 'savages' they fight.

No they're not.

maybe you're just naive, caze. bless.

You label anyone who questions UK/US foreign policy as stupid, mental, paranoid etc.

No I don't. I question plenty of UK/US foreign policy myself in fact. I only call out the hypocrites and useful idiots. There is far more valid criticism out there outside of the blinkered little Greenwald/Chomsky/etc bubble (though Chomsky isn't even the worst of them any more, he's seeming sane in comparison to some of the morons who have become popular in recent years).

Archived