IGNORED

watmm upgrade: https enabled

chaosmachine

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've put in a support ticket with IPS, since the chat is not actually hosted by us - there might be a configuration setting on their end that needs to be adjusted.

HUGE thanks to Chaosmachine for getting this converted over!

More importantly, this is an important first step towards the major upgrade of WATMM - I'll be updating a testing environment to the new board and begin the testing and configuration process, and once I think it's in a good place, ask a select few of you to do some testing on the new forum.

Based on what we learn from the testing, we'll set a date for the forum/site proper to be upgraded.

booo

the 'go to first unread post' button seems to have disappeared from the sub-forum pages btw. also the logo is missing.

Just need to recache the templates... you see why we're in need of an upgrade? :dadjoke:

IPS Chat is scheduled to be retired in May 2017 anyway, so the plan always was to find a replacement for CHATMM - so, until the forum upgrade goes through, Discord is a viable alternative IMO.

booo

the 'go to first unread post' button seems to have disappeared from the sub-forum pages btw. also the logo is missing.

Just need to recache the templates... you see why we're in need of an upgrade? :dadjoke:

IPS Chat is scheduled to be retired in May 2017 anyway, so the plan always was to find a replacement for CHATMM - so, until the forum upgrade goes through, Discord is a viable alternative IMO.

maybe put the chatmm link back that directs to the discord? i wouldn't even know how to find it if i didn't already have it from the dfn stuff

good decision, the market is already reacting positively:

8fSbeAU.png

LOL! So we're publically traded now, eh?

booo

maybe put the chatmm link back that directs to the discord? i wouldn't even know how to find it if i didn't already have it from the dfn stuff

Discord link on the sidebar now! Couldn't change the menu link (another reason for upgrading) easily.

Guest bitroast

Bad news: our version of IPS Chat does NOT support https://, so no CHATMM - I'm exploring alternatives as we speak.

I'm thinking the WATMM Discord Chat would be an acceptable temporary solution

i can enter the discord chat, see online users, but it's not loading messages or letting me write any messages.

it might be a setting set to private or something, cos i'm in other discord servers which work fine. 

Bad news: our version of IPS Chat does NOT support https://, so no CHATMM - I'm exploring alternatives as we speak.

I'm thinking the WATMM Discord Chat would be an acceptable temporary solution

i can enter the discord chat, see online users, but it's not loading messages or letting me write any messages.

it might be a setting set to private or something, cos i'm in other discord servers which work fine. 

Same, except once I joined I'm not even being registered as someone in the Discord at all let alone an online user, while this is what I see on the front page widget.

3WjfAXE.png

fix yer shit

Archived