IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

This is very interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/18/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-texas-wisconsin-presidential-poll/

Trump leads Clinton 41% to 38%, according to the latest University of Houston survey. Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson stands in third place with 4% support, followed by Green Party nominee Jill Stein at 1%, with 11% undecided.
GOP presidential candidates have won Texas by no less than 11 percentage points since 2000, according to a memo accompanying the poll results. Democrats last won Texas in a presidential race in 1976.

This is very interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/18/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-texas-wisconsin-presidential-poll/

Trump leads Clinton 41% to 38%, according to the latest University of Houston survey. Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson stands in third place with 4% support, followed by Green Party nominee Jill Stein at 1%, with 11% undecided.
GOP presidential candidates have won Texas by no less than 11 percentage points since 2000, according to a memo accompanying the poll results. Democrats last won Texas in a presidential race in 1976.

if she wins texas holy shit. 

We aren't so backwards down here. I swear.

i have friends from texas. they're not backwards either.

i've been to austin a couple times, dallas once when i was a kid. texas has a distinct culture which i think is a good thing. 

I work with another Houstonian here, and he stopped speaking to me bc I'm not a Trump supporter, lol

it's gonna be hard for them to swallow if (when dear god please) he loses.

Trump is so done after that debate. Not that he had a chance anyways, but he pretty much nailed his own coffin with the dumb shit he again said. But I guess he can still keep grifting for donations from his supporters living in the reality distorting bubble to earn a few quick bucks (read somewhere that the donation ticker on his site is just a script running old donations on a loop and made so that it looks like he has massive support in battleground states).

Also his novelty run for POTUS to strengthen his brand might also have been a miscalculation, I don't think anyone wants to be associated with him after this dumpsterfire. Art of the deal, indeed. He'll have his loyal supporters but anyone with a working brain and a bankroll won't be falling for his scams anymore. And the bonus of all this is it's probably ruined the GOP in the process. I could see the down-tickets leaning more towards the Dems if Trumpists just going to stay home on election day because they think it's all rigged anyways. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, Donald and the GOP for nominating this orange buffoon.

Edited by azatoth

I'd like to propose a theory about Russia.

Since the first batch of wikileaks before the dnc liberals have accepted the Clinton campaign's assertion that 1) Russia is behind the leaks and 2) it's bc they want Hillary to loose bc trump wil be a more useful president for Putin.

I think we can all agree 1) is almost assuredly true. We've not been offered concrete evidence...but come on.

As for 2) well I think it's also true but only partially so. I think in theory Putin favors trump but I also think he realizes trump won't win. Thus the liberal consensus about trump being a "useful idiot," "Manchurian candidate," "putin stooge," etc is missing a subtler point, viz, that the leaks are not meant to cost Hillary the election but are meant to undermine her presidency. I think the intention is to spread a sense of unease and chaos during what should be a much more clear-cut win against trump. On the one hand the leaks make Hillary look weak, exposed, vulnerable. So while some people content themselves with the fact that nothing scandalous or illegal is revealed they miss the point that in and of themselves they make Hillary look like she doesn't have control and by exposing the private inner workings of her campaign they do not so much "humanize" her campaign (like they're all just people like us, sharing risotto recipes and doing their jobs) but rather diminish the symbolic cache of her campaign, reducing her from the symbol of a leader and drawing her into a more fallable order. At the same time, they force Hilary's hand. She can't just ignore them and she can't just pretend it's not Russia fucking with her. This, however, makes her look hawkish. This is one of the qualities progressive voters dislike about her. When she appears before the voting public telling them intelligence agencies are saying a foreign power is antagonizing our country many of us can't help but be reminded of her vote for Iraq. What is more, it makes her look like a hypocrite: here she is telling us how wrong it is for a government to be spying on us and infiltrating our private emails and yet there's Russia affording asylum to the very U.S. citizen who revealed our own government has been doing exactly that not just do foreign nations but to its own people. So Putin has her in a bit of a bind here.

None of this is enough to cost her the election. The October surprise was not particularly surprising. And we've seen that liberal voters and the media have no qualms aligning themselves with her take on these leaks. She continues to lead in the polls and there appears to be no reason not to think trump will loose. I think Russia is well aware of this. Which means, imo, this is much less about Putin favoring trump and more about Putin saying "welcome to the presidency stupid woman."

I also liked how the conservatives on the Free Republic message board suspected Clinton of being fed lines because she formed long coherent sentences with complicated words and actually knowing stuff. No, you morons, that's what happens when you actually prepare for a debate.

The problem with that is that Trump has at several points had a chance in the race, if his handlers had better control of him, and if the sex pest stuff hadn't come out he might have won, especially with Russia's help. It's win/win for Russia either way though.

The problem with that is that Trump has at several points had a chance in the race, if his handlers had better control of him, and if the sex pest stuff hadn't come out he might have won, especially with Russia's help. It's win/win for Russia either way though.

You've spent the entire election assuring the forum trump has no chance (except maybe unless Bernie delegates were protesting) and I think Putin probably had people telling him the same thing.

I'm not saying theres no chance Russia ever believed trump could win but rather that it's always been a longer game.

But yes, win/win.

Edited by Alcofribas

well, ailes was his media consultant (and he helped nixon and reagan win) but he left trump because he said he couldn't concentrate

trump always resorts to the email scandal not realizing nobody is actually reading those emails except the media which he then smears as being rigged and on hillary's side. he doesn't realize, EVERYONE on the other hand knows he gropped those women, regardless of how many times he denies it. 

nintchdbpict000274468419-e1476396494879.

You've spent the entire election assuring the forum trump has no chance (except maybe unless Bernie delegates were protesting) and I think Putin probably had people telling him the same thing.

I'm not saying theres no chance Russia ever believed trump could win but rather that it's always been a longer game.

But yes, win/win.

It has played out pretty much how I thought it would play out, there was always the chance I could be wrong though (it does happen the odd time you'll be surprised to learn), and it's still possible I could be wrong (though less and less likely by the day). Polls have been spectacularly wrong in the past, though the sheer number of them this time means it's extremely unlikely. Assange might still have some bombshell up his sleeve too, which the Russians would probably know about, though you'd have thought they'd have used it by now, but who knows.

Which means, imo, this is much less about Putin favoring trump and more about Putin saying "welcome to the presidency stupid woman."

i think you meant putin saying "ЖELKOM ТО PЯECIDENCЪ STУPID ШОМАН"