IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

holy shit, a shooting in the USA. Trump truly is leaving a mark on the country

Well, it depends if it was related to the rally or not.

Grizzly-bear-avatar said it probably wasn't, and he would know better than me, but I guess we'll see.

Also, KKK flyers have been popping up in my city and elsewhere in Maine.

Things are definitely different than they were a week ago.

My prediction:

A year from now. Trump has the highest approval rating of any president in American history. Doesn't fulfil even a third of all the stuff he threatened. Becomes practically a democrat.

Cue Trump supporters. "He fucking lied to us. He's just like all the rest of them."

You heard it here first.

I really doubt this.  He's got Republican majority in Senate and House, so if he "Becomes practically a democrat" he'll be fighting against both and greatly disappointing his supporters.  What motivation does he have to do this?  "Doing the right thing?"  He's given zero shits about this up to this point.

I dunno. You may be right. It just feels that so much of his outward persona is just brash, obnoxious and so forth and yet I believe there is another man in there somewhere. 

During the last eighteen months, there were a few moments (so fleeting they may have been said to have never even occurred) where I felt he accidentally let his guard slip. Sometimes it was an expression or just his body language. 

Trump showed no interest in learning or preparing or listening. I don't think he's actually interested in the work of the job and it's totally possible he's feeling a bit like the dog that caught the car, if that's the phrase. It's amazing to me that people think he's got some other level. Could he? Yes, anything is possible, but from what I've seen during this election, the simplest answer is the right one. No.

My prediction is he cedes the policy work to the rag tag and collectively dissonant bunch he's surrounded himself with. Theil/Pence/Gingrich/Reince will work out agreements with McConnell and Ryan and we'll get some mutated Republicanism that is irresponsible tax cuts, deregulation, and healthcare confusion. That won't stop Trump from claiming victories on the wall or trade but again, he's shown no capacity to do the hard work that big ideas require for realization.  Then, if there is some event that we can't imagine right now, and there will be, the response will be ill-informed and short-sighted. The last time this crew had the control panel, we got a big terrorist attack (yes yes I understand there's an argument that that wasn't negligence by W's crew, but I'm of the opinion that it was), two wars, massive corporate malfeasance (e.g. Enron), reckless trickle down tax cuts, Citizen's United, and global recession.

I honestly don't know how the overt racism and xenophobia will play out. It may embolden very serious and very scary groups. It's so strange that I really can't predict what will happen with it. That's not to say that racism and xenophobia are not sloshing around all the time. But it is weird for the president to be willing to use it.

It's Bush/Cheney 2.0. That's what we are in for. It's so fucking obvious.

Totally agree with both.  Trump won't be willing to do the hard work.  Like Bush, it'll be easier to defer to the policy wonks that got him in power (like Gingrich).

im afraid of him perusing personal vendettas thats kind of dictator-y 

Totally agree here too, yet somehow his supporters think he will bring a new kind of freedom.  

People wonder why Hillary isn't arrested yet... Of course no arrests will be made when they're the ones who's at the top/behind of this whole ponzi scheme system. C'mon people. Not tryina go all Alex Jones here but shit's obvious.

http://yournewswire.com/nypd-hillary-clinton-child-sex-scandal/

Bush 2.0

But in early September 2016, in a move that should have received far more attention than it did, Trump appointed former CIA director James Woolsey as his senior advisor on national security issues. Woolsey – a key member of the neoconservative Project for a New American Century (PNAC) – had been a strong advocate for invading Iraq in 2003 and for waging war throughout the Middle East.
In its commentary about Trump’s appointment of Woolsey, The Intercept noted, “Woolsey’s selection either clashes with Trump’s noninterventionist rhetoric – or represents a pivot towards a more muscular, neoconservative approach to resolving international conflicts.” [1]

Genie Energy Ltd.

In September 2015, James Woolsey was appointed to the strategic advisory board of Genie Energy Ltd., a U.S. oil and gas firm that has exploration rights in the Golan Heights – the long contested area of Syria that is now known to be rich in both oil shale and fresh water.

Israel seized parts of the Golan from Syria in the 1967 Six Day War. Syria tried to retake the area during the 1973 Yon Kippur War, before Israel annexed the region in 1981 by imposing Israeli laws, jurisdiction and administration over the territory and its inhabitants. In response, the UN Security Council passed Resolution 242, which declared that Israel must withdraw from all lands occupied in the 1967 war, including the Golan Heights. Ever since, the international community has considered the Golan to be occupied territory and Israeli settlements there to be illegal.
In late 2010, media mogul Rupert Murdoch teamed up with Lord Jacob Rothschild to buy an $11 million stake in Genie Energy. Lord Rothschild is chairman of RIT (Rothschild Investment Trust) Capital Partners, a $3.4 billion investment trust fund.

Subsequently, Genie Energy’s strategic advisory board has grown to include quite a roster of well-known names. As Dr. Nafeez Ahmed wrote, joining Murdoch and Rothschild on the board are “Larry Summers, former Director of President Obama’s National Economic Council; ex-CIA director James Woolsey, a former Vice-President of NSA contractor Booz Allen Hamilton, Director of the neoconservative Foundation for Defense of Democracies, advisory board member of anti-Muslim hate group the Gatestone Institute, international patron to the Henry Jackson Society; Dick Cheney, former Vice-President under George W. Bush; and Bill Richardson, former Secretary of Energy under Clinton, Governor of New Mexico and Obama nominee for Secretary of Commerce.”

[6] The parent company is owned by American millionaire Howard Jonas.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/11/11/trump-woolsey-was-there-a-bait-and-switch/

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

I picture Jeb's nightly routine as him drinking low-grade scotch alone in a poorly-lit room, watching footage of his campaign gaffs and screaming at the TV calling his past self a fucking idiot...oh and of course there's a loaded pistol sat on the nightstand that he occasionally glances over at and thinks "is tonight the night?"

Edited by LimpyLoo

I picture Jeb's nightly routine as him drinking low-grade scotch alone in a poorly-lit room, watching footage of his campaign gaffs and screaming at the TV calling his past self a fucking idiot...oh and of course there's a loaded pistol sat on the nightstand that he occasionally glances over at and thinks "is tonight the night?"

ultra lol

“This whole idea that he was an outsider and going to destroy the political establishment and drain the swamp were the lines of a con man, and guess what — he is being exposed as just that,”

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump, who campaigned against the corrupt power of special interests, is filling his transition team with some of the very sort of people who he has complained have too much clout in Washington: corporate consultants and lobbyists.

Jeffrey Eisenach, a consultant who has worked for years on behalf of Verizon and other telecommunications clients, is the head of the team that is helping to pick staff members at the Federal Communications Commission.

Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist whose clients include Devon Energy and Encana Oil and Gas, holds the “energy independence” portfolio.

Michael Torrey, a lobbyist who runs a firm that has earned millions of dollars helping food industry players such as the American Beverage Association and the dairy giant Dean Foods, is helping set up the new team at the Department of Agriculture.

David Malpass, the former chief economist at Bear Stearns, the Wall Street investment bank that collapsed during the 2008 financial crisis, is overseeing the “economic issues” portfolio of the transition, as well as operations at the Treasury Department. Mr. Malpass now runs a firm called Encima Global, which sells economic research to institutional investors and corporate clients.

Mr. Eisenach, as a telecom industry consultant, has worked to help major cellular companies fight back against regulations proposed by the F.C.C.that would mandate so-called net neutrality — requiring providers to give equal access to their networks to outside companies. He is now helping to oversee the rebuilding of the staff at the F.C.C.

Dan DiMicco, a former chief executive of the steelmaking company Nucor, who now serves on the board of directors of Duke Energy, is heading the transition team for the Office of the United States Trade Representative. Mr. DiMicco has long argued that China is unfairly subsidizing its manufacturing sector at the expense of American jobs.

In October, declaring that “it’s time to drain the swamp in Washington,” he promised to institute a five-year ban in which all executive branch officials would be prevented from lobbying the government after they left. He has also promised to expand the definition of a lobbyist, so it includes corporate consultants who do not register as lobbyists but still often act like one.

Bruce F. Freed, the president of a nonprofit group called the Center for Political Accountability, which is pressing major corporations to be more transparent about their political spending, said Mr. Trump’s transition team had sent an unfortunate signal to his followers.

“This is one of the reasons you had such anger among voters — people rigging the system, gaming the system,” Mr. Freed said. “This represents more of the same.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/politics/trump-campaigned-against-lobbyists-now-theyre-on-his-transition-team.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=nytpolitics&smtyp=cur

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

Trump will be impeached within a year

By Republican-controlled Congress?

With Trump it's too unpredictable. One possibility is that half of the republicans in congress may try to block Trump's agenda but on the opposite end of the coin it could be a total circle jerk depending on what Trump tries to get through.

the media could have destroyed trump a year ago. funny how after election day i'm seeing compilation reels of his heinous statements and positions. they didnt show those before, when it would have stopped him. they just had pundits banter about one issue at a time, week by week. the bread was buttered on the side of keeping him in the running and cashing in on high-viewership ad revenue. were they just trying to let him get close? coincidental that now, for the next 4 years, people will be glued to the news.

obama was bad for the news. i remember news in the bush years, every week something insane and fucked up, modern civilization deteriorating a chunk at a time. the news was pretty boring during obama's presidency.

of course it's not the news, it's the viewers. like it's not the politicians, it's the voters.

Edited by very honest