IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

5 hours ago, very honest said:

i'm learning to watch for the muddled, middle-road, kick-the-can, american outcome. disinfo will provide cover for GOPs to choose corrupt path. then americans wake up even more because the situation is that much more dire and the neighbor-jostling continues, and the GOP risks a severe blue wave november.

re: americans waking up. I certainly hope so. but I doubt that the GOP will end up splintering enough to make an impact. there have been so many opportunities before to do so, I'm not sure this time will be any different...you may get a few breaking off temporarily, but they'll come back around at some point, bowing down to the turtle man.

of course this whole impeachment circus doesn't matter much to the MAGA cult. and middle-road republicans will stay on team donnie when this is all over and he gets away with it...that he was somehow able to "beat" the dems. the impeachment trial is just another football game to watch on tv.

there was an article in politico this morning with interviews from trump supporters at a Michigan gun show. their reasons for supporting him are frustrating to read. a few cringe inducing quotes below:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/01/24/2020-guns-trump-obama-michigan-voters-102790

“The economy is really good right now. I like the way the country is running like a business,” he said. “I don’t think Obama was anti-business; he just didn’t know what he was doing. We needed a businessman to get the economy going.”

“Things aren’t any better for me,” she said, “but then again, they’re not getting any worse, either. So I guess I’ll take that.”

“All this immigration from Central America,” he said. “It’s a scheme, funded by George Soros and Tom Steyer and Michael Bloomberg, to get as many voters into this country as possible and steal the election from Trump.”

"I think the president has been a terrible role model for this nation. But I choose to keep supporting him because of those fundamentals he is upholding, fundamentals that I know his opponents would not uphold.”

7 hours ago, very honest said:

a couple good things from lawfare. ben wittes and susan hennessey discussing their book on trump's effects on the presidency:

and this Lawfare Podcast episode on disinfo: https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-podcast-renee-diresta-disinformation-and-misinformation-vaccines-gru

good closing from schiff on impeachment trial day 3. around 18:41 he gets into the argument for conviction. he highlights trump chosing to believe russian propaganda over us intel. the crowdstrike theory, which covers up the origin of the 2016 GRU hack & dump attack on the US election.

sen murphy said mcconnell doesn't have the votes for calling bidens.

i'm seeing reports collins and romney will vote for witnesses. by the time question sessions are done next week, i think the dems will have the 4 gop votes they need to get bolton and subpoena mulvaney, blair, and duffey, as well as documents. then the thing gets prolonged another week at least. that puts the state of the union concurrent with the week of bolton's testimony, possibly. 

these 53 gop senators are playing with fire and they know it. 9 months until november, and the country seems to be waking up to what is going on, albeit slowly. do they want to attach themselves to a ship that might be sinking? reports have been that they have been paying attention, during the house manager presentations.

the house gop already signed their names on the historic cover-up. will the disinfo demons prevail? will the gop break up in flight?

i'm learning to watch for the muddled, middle-road, kick-the-can, american outcome. disinfo will provide cover for GOPs to choose corrupt path. then americans wake up even more because the situation is that much more dire and the neighbor-jostling continues, and the GOP risks a severe blue wave november.

but if a senate GOP faction has broken off then perhaps they will reach a point at which they calculate the best face-saving play to be a solidarity vote for conviction. they throw house gop under the bus a little but they can just say they were watching sports on their ipads during the hearings because they were. and there is now more evidence and it's more clearly presented, and bolton probably gives up more solid evidence. i really don't see it as out of the realm of possibility that trump earns a place as the first US president forcibly removed from office. 

i dont understand your source of optimism here.  all of the procedural votes so far have been clear party-line.  and all signs point to a couple GOP senators such as collins and romney being "allowed" to vote for witnesses, to save face and the party's chances re-election chances, while not actually clearing the threshold to trigger witnesses.  plus there are two democrats who are suspected to vote against the motion for witnesses so we're fucked in regards to this "trial".

the only true audience for the house managers' case right now are the voting public of 2020

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, markedone said:

i dont understand your source of optimism here.  all of the procedural votes so far have been clear party-line.  and all signs point to a couple GOP senators such as collins and romney being "allowed" to vote for witnesses, to save face and the party's chances re-election chances, while not actually clearing the threshold to trigger witnesses.  plus there are two democrats who are suspected to vote against the motion for witnesses so we're fucked in regards to this "trial".

the only true audience for the house managers' case right now are the voting public of 2020

i never claimed optimism. i only said it doesn't look out of the realm of possibility. 

Edited by very honest

Just now, 714681746476436 said:

I don't like Trump, but his policies I think are very good for America. I don't need to like the man to like his policies.

which policies do you like? all of them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 714681746476436 said:

I don't like Trump, but his policies I think are very good for America. I don't need to like the man to like his policies.

dude is god-tier corrupt. the worst nightmare of the constitutional framers is happening. they didn't foresee a party shielding a president abusing power to influence elections.

he is harming national security. for example, he is covering up an attack by Russia on the US. the crowdstrike theory covers up the source of the GRU's 2016 DNC hack & dump. trump was told the theory was baseless by US intel but chose to extort an ally country to legitimize it. it's beyond the pale. historic disinfo has brainwashed vast swaths of the population. the disinfo has taken a quantum leap, it is sophisticated and it works well.

just so you can't say i never told you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Mainly those centred around immigration, trade, and the bolstering of the manufacturing sector.

And of course not all of them, who in their right mind likes all of someone’s policies?

12 minutes ago, very honest said:

dude is god-tier corrupt. the worst nightmare of the constitutional framers is happening. they didn't foresee a party shielding a president abusing power to influence elections.

he is harming national security. for example, he is covering up an attack by Russia on the US. the crowdstrike theory covers up the source of the GRU's 2016 DNC hack & dump. trump was told the theory was baseless by US intel but chose to extort an ally country to legitimize it. it's beyond the pale. historic disinfo has brainwashed vast swaths of the population. the disinfo has taken a quantum leap, it is sophisticated and it works well.

just so you can't say i never told you.

It’s exaggerations like this that are self defeating arguments. I don’t believe any politician isn’t corrupt, but by overstating and exaggerating arguments Trump’s detractors end up polarising people who may have actually agreed with them

Edited by 714681746476436
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 714681746476436 said:

It’s exaggerations like this that are self defeating arguments. I don’t believe any politician isn’t corrupt, but by overstating an exaggerating arguments Trumps detractors end up polarising people who may have actually agreed with them

literally no exageration. 

do you think that, if i were correct, then everyone would know it and would be talking about it? is that why you think what i said was inaccurate? that's how the new disinfo works. spray manipulative messages enough, and well enough, and it works. 

fox set the pattern, then cambridge analytica and the GRU got in on the action.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, very honest said:

literally nothing is exagerated. and that's just 2 points. i could fill a database with hair-raising stuff.

Really? “god-tier corrupt” and “the worst nightmare of the constitutional framers” isn’t hyperbole? 

6 minutes ago, 714681746476436 said:

who in their right mind likes all of someone’s policies?

i don't know- but you didn't specify what policies you liked. you just said "his policies I think are very good for America". you didn't even say some of his policies

thanks for clarifying though

7 minutes ago, 714681746476436 said:

Really? “god-tier corrupt” and “the worst nightmare of the constitutional framers” isn’t hyperbole? 

really. "god" modifies "tier." "tier" defines level. he is utmost level corrupt. demonstrated by reckless abuse of power at expense of national security, in order to rig elections.

yes, the framers were very concerned about the power vested in the president. it just takes the wrong dude and things can go sideways. the specific reasons impeachment was put in the constitution are:

• in case a president is abusing power
  • especially if they're abusing power to rig elections

and the remedy they designed, impeachment, seems to have not anicipated a corrupt party shielding such a president from removal. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nebraska said:

i don't know- but you didn't specify what policies you liked. you just said "his policies I think are very good for America". you didn't even say some of his policies

thanks for clarifying though

That's correct, I made a generalised statement. I didn't realise you actually wanted me to quote specific polices to you. Also, you never asked me for further clarification, so the snarky remark isn't called for. My apologies for having a differing political opinion to yourself.

Do you want me to go through them all and state my opinion on each one? I'm not sure what you're looking for here.

https://www.politiplatform.com/trump

3 minutes ago, very honest said:

really. "god" modifies "tier." "tier" defines level. he is utmost level corrupt. demonstrated by reckless abuse of power at expense of national security, in order to rig elections.

yes, the framers were very concerned about the power vested in the president. it just takes the wrong dude and things can go sideways. the specific reasons impeachment was put in the constitution are:

• in case a president is abusing power
  • especially if they're abusing power to rig elections

and the remedy they designed, impeachment, seems to have not anicipated a corrupt party shielding such a president from removal. 

Thank you, but I understand the phraseology of 'god-tier'. I, like everyone else, await the outcome of the impeachment trial.

Also, just to nit-pic, tier does not define level. They are synonyms.

31 minutes ago, 714681746476436 said:
44 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Mainly those centred around immigration, trade, and the bolstering of the manufacturing sector.

And of course not all of them, who in their right mind likes all of someone’s policies?

:catsuicide:

54 minutes ago, 714681746476436 said:

Thank you, but I understand the phraseology of 'god-tier'. I, like everyone else, await the outcome of the impeachment trial.

Also, just to nit-pic, tier does not define level. They are synonyms.

hehe ?

a lot of serious people are very alarmed about this dude. things like foreign policy and doj influence can be very dangerous. concerted disinfo campaigns are underway, in earnest. the technologies and methodolgies have undergone extensive evolution over the last 2 decades. evidence is available proving the impeachment cases yet people have bought into messaging to the contrary. disinfo efforts from multiple entities have dovetailed. a de-facto alliance has emerged between Congressional GOP, Fox News, Putin's GRU, and Trump. the alliance is actively working to cover-up extensive, criminal, and honestly treacherous behavior.

i believe you that this sounds extreme. fox was humored for too long. people were being polite and avoiding conflict so they avoided conversations pointing out that fox is a tabloid slinging garbage. now the fox bubble has metasticized and people are believing that the truth is a hoax on matters of utmost importance. it's really amazing to behold. histories will absolutely focus on the disinfo of this time.

as stated in that disinfo podcast i linked this morning, it's not about narrative, it's about systematic manipulation.

Edited by very honest

12 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I would like to know specifically what immigration policy has been beneficial to America as a whole.

on the whole, immigrants provide a stable work force for exploitation by the uppers for better or worse.  but it's also part of the reason we aren't aging out of existence like Japan. 

i don't know what specific policy that would be except maybe the one where the feds turn a blind eye to undocumented immigrants. or at least used to. 

america would be pretty boring w/o immigrants. the food, the culture, the music, the art etc..  also, i think our gene pool would be like a blockbuster video uniform

Edited by ignatius

1 minute ago, ignatius said:
14 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I would like to know specifically what immigration policy has been beneficial to America as a whole.

on the whole, immigrants provide a stable work force for exploitation by the uppers for better or worse.  but it's also part of the reason we aren't aging out of existence like Japan. 

i don't know what specific policy that would be except maybe the one where the feds turn a blind eye to undocumented immigrants. or at least used to. 

america would be pretty boring w/o immigrants. the food, the culture, the music, the art etc..  also, i think our gene pool would be like a blockbuster video uniform

I meant specifically the policies that were put forth under the Trump administration...