IGNORED

WAGON CHRIST IS BACK!!!

auxFACTOR

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXYUOvnh90I/?taken-by=peopleofrhythm

does that mean the WC moniker is free from the clutched of Ninja Tune?

Are you saying Ninja Tune has the exclusive rights to Luke's alias?

Don't they? I mean, I always assumed they had the rights to Wagonchrist.

Edit: post virgin/rising high, 1998 I mean.

editeditedit: wow, Toomorrow was 2011 =/ that 6 years really flew by.

megasuper3rdedit: I don't recall where I read this, but I seem to remember someone credible (I believe here in the forums?) saying Luke had 2 Wagonchrist releases ready around 2014, but Ninja wasn't fitting them into their release schedule or something crazy like that. I'm not sure how labels work, is that completely preposterous?

It depends on his contract terms with the label - if they are promised [x] number of Wagon Christ releases, then anything published under that alias Ninja Tune has first rights to. If they have other releases on their schedule that they feel are higher priority, then they can choose to hold off on a Wagon Christ release, but Luke can't go offer it to another label due to this (unless the contract states he has this option). Once he fulfills his contractual obligations, then he can release anything under that alias on any label he wants, but would probably give Ninja Tune first right of refusal out of respect.

• 2 weeks later...

so the label, People of Rhythm is run by DJ Warp- remember him? he did a dj set of all vibert tracks that contained a bunch of white label Vibert- most notably the tracks "Hey" and sea Bass" which were slated for the Warp follow up to Yoseph.  I hope these tracks see the light of day on this vinyl.  Can't wait.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they changed the image to the Soundcloud teaser. It is now officially a Luke Vibert release (looks like WC isn't free from Ninja Tune after all).

Luke Vibert

Turn/JJP

April 21st, 2017 (Record Store Day)

Archived