IGNORED

Cryptocurrency as the next significant stage for computing technology, not just an investment

andihow

41 minutes ago, dingformung said:

autism had got good press over the last years, made it into pop culture etc, and now some people think of it as some sort of special gift and like to identify with it. it's an entirely inaccurate idea of autism and helps real autists only in that their diagnosis is suddenly cool or at least not seen as some variation of retardation. in certain circles it might be a prestige diagnosis but in reality autism is - apart to some minor advantages it might bring in certain cases - a handicap that depending on its severity can keep people from living a normal life. i'm not sure why you assume that elon musk is an autist. the insensitive usage of the word autist is widespread here on this message board and it sometimes makes me feel ashamed of WATMM.

how do you know, hm? do u know him personally?

i may be remembering wrong but im pretty sure elon has said he has autism in some interviews, it might be the joe rogan one.  im not using it insensitively im literally diagnosed autistic.  its definitely not a variation of retardation in all cases and there are various forms of it which is why it's considered a spectrum.  it can generally be split into low functioning (non-verbal and other variations) and high-functioning (aspergers and other variations) with high functioning versions giving legitimate correlations to extra logical and mathematical abilities, not rainman level but above the average human level, often focused into an area of special interest

i wish i knew marx personally

Edited by cyanobacteria

2 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

i may be remembering wrong but im pretty sure elon has said he has autism in some interviews, it might be the joe rogan one.

yeah probably because it it cool these days and people associate it with super brain

2 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

u wish u knew musk personally?

we all wish he knew him personally (musk)

7 minutes ago, dingformung said:

yeah probably because it it cool these days and people associate it with super brain

while that is true i dont think its a refutation of musk being autistic, autism is very common in STEM and many highly successful people are suspected to be autistic.  the social trend of incorrectly exaggerating certain aspects of autism doesn't mean these aspects arent actually real as well to a smaller degree. autism is complex and not fully understood and even people with it can live in ignorance for many years.  whether musk in particular is i cant say

Edited by cyanobacteria

Sure, he could be an autist, it's not necessarily visible, but I would assume that most public moves these type of people make are about PR and building some sort of image, and their public image isn't necessarily very genuine. above average intelligence occurs without autism as well and in that case is more likely to lead to success I guess (because normal social skills & no sensation overloads), though the most important factor for success is apparently being born into the right family in the right country

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dingformung said:

though the most important factor for success is apparently being born into the right family in the right country

yup

22 minutes ago, dingformung said:

we all wish he knew him personally (musk)

nope

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dingformung said:

the insensitive usage of the word autist is widespread here on this message board and it sometimes makes me feel ashamed of WATMM.

wow can you get any "pc-er" than that. you're talking as if that view of yours is the minority on this board when it really isn't, most members are on board with you on this (personally, i'm not cuz i can't stand pcness) 

i've seen you take positions on pc-related shit quite a few a times already and it always baffles me. this place is already pc as fuck, getting it any "safer", less harmful or whatever would sanitize it to the point of dullness imo. and censorship is a plague imo, it only creates more discrimination. 

not that any of this has anything to do with the topic lol

8 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

wow can you get any "pc-er" than that. you're talking as if that view of yours is the minority on this board when it really isn't, most members are on board with you on this (personally, i'm not cuz i can't stand pcness) 

i've seen you take positions on pc-related shit quite a few a times already and it always baffles me. this place is already pc as fuck, getting it any "safer", less harmful or whatever would sanitize it to the point of dullness imo. and censorship is a plague imo, it only creates more discrimination. 

wait, what sort of censorship is happening here? i remember a bunch of people fighting to say the n word several years ago but that's all i can really think of. 

if anything i think this place has mellowed out bc people have gotten older and think it's cringe to say some of shit we use to lol about on here.

i do miss essiness and his "feminism dies when my dick gets hard" sig though. that guy ruled

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alcofribas said:

wait, what sort of censorship is happening here? i remember a bunch of people fighting to say the n word several years ago but that's all i can really think of. 

if anything i think this place has mellowed out bc people have gotten older and think it's cringe to say some of shit we use to lol about on here.

i do miss essiness and his "feminism dies when my dick gets hard" sig though. that guy ruled

yeah the members aging sure plays a role in the "mellowing out" of the board. i didn't say there was censorship (there is but that wasn't my point), i wanted to point out that censorship isn't a desirable solution. there are other ways to to cultivate respect imo

5 minutes ago, dingformung said:

stop trolling u dumbfuck

i'm not

17 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

VA0aZUc.png

• Haha 5
  • Farnsworth 2

Just now, brian trageskin said:

yeah the members aging sure plays a role in the "mellowing out" of the board. i didn't say there was censorship (there is but that wasn't my point), i wanted to point out that censorship isn't a desirable solution. there are other ways to to cultivate respect imo

i'm not

got it, i misread you on censorship. 

not gonna argue about "pc" culture or whatever though bc that's cringe m8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

i remember that thread, why are you posting that?

bcs the part of my comment that you quoted was a reference to it, ya know, the words that are used are da same (in the title of the thread and in my post) and i still think you are performing some meta-trolling

4 minutes ago, dingformung said:

bcs the part of my comment that you quoted was a reference to it, ya know, the words that are used are da same (in the title of the thread and in my post) and i still think you are performing some meta-trolling

you mean you were trolling or what? can't be bothered to read that thread again

i did a fine job derailind this thread btw lol

derailing

1 minute ago, brian trageskin said:

you mean you were trolling or what? can't be bothered to read that thread again

trolling/not trolling is a false dichotomy. you can be half serious or exaggerate or make a point while knowing that the point is flawed but still not wrong or you can just bullshit or anything in between - and it will be misunderstood

3 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

i did a fine job derailind this thread btw lol

derailing

wrong but nice try capitalist bourgeois scum get woke or get broke

libcoin is where it’s at. 

• Burger 1