IGNORED

NFTs for music / auction music to the highest bidder via crypto tech

auxien

7 hours ago, user said:

Sort of like how the gas mileage on a car doesn’t change wether you use it to go on holiday, drive to a shop or do donuts in a parking lot while blasting 6 second dawless synthjams and firing bitmap art at bystanders from some sort of diy matrixprinter canon? 

I know this is a bad analogy because the gasmileage on a car does change according to various variables and the matrixprinter canon is purely hypothetical. For now. 

its more like a blender running 24/7 and you can throw some fruit into it when you want, right now the input holes a bit limited but in the future the blender gets a bigger fruit intake hole over time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auxien said:

i paid $0.0001JBX (JoyBux) to read that and another $0.0001JBX to like it. i do not currently have enough to quote the post, unfortunately. 

Please accept $.0001XBX (XltronicBux) equivalent to $.00000000000000001JBX. 

I believed we just solved the economy. 

• Farnsworth 2

28 minutes ago, auxien said:

lol not even gonna ask what the text files might contain

textfiles like in the ascii bbs and artscene days. almost like an ezine but in this case, crypto focused 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nebraska said:

textfiles like in the ascii bbs and artscene days. almost like an ezine but in this case, crypto focused 

oh, nice actually. probably worth a few grand tbh

^^ it's difficult to put a price on your fungible posts- which is why i suggested opensea where users can bid on them. also, i'd suggest splitting the assets in bundles similar to hashmasks where users can then anticipate either owning a part of your posts, or you're entire post history/collection. missing posts can create scarcity which would then drive up the value of the remaining posts

I'm starting an auction on this Alco post right now before anyone else can get their grubby hands on it, including Alco himself. I want complete rights, with the ability to chop it up and feed it to a machine learning model that will help me create Alcobot(tm): a sentient online entity that will proliferate across the net and in short order become the leading authority on music reviews and niche genre critique, thus bankrupting Pitchfork and other such shitholes.

3 hours ago, usagi said:

I'm starting an auction on this Alco post right now before anyone else can get their grubby hands on it, including Alco himself. I want complete rights, with the ability to chop it up and feed it to a machine learning model that will help me create Alcobot(tm): a sentient online entity that will proliferate across the net and in short order become the leading authority on music reviews and niche genre critique, thus bankrupting Pitchfork and other such shitholes.

lol at that post. I have no recollection of that. “soundini” is absolutely a great name for an Italian music mag

-Alcobot(tm)

Edited by Alcofribas

I don't understand why the rights to these digital works must be paid in crypto. Could just as well sell them to the highest bidder in any other currency. Am I missing something?

I'll pay a maximum of .25 dumbfux for this info.

Edited by Silent Member

9 hours ago, Silent Member said:

I don't understand why the rights to these digital works must be paid in crypto. Could just as well sell them to the highest bidder in any other currency. Am I missing something?

if the digital works is being sold in .eu and you're in .us then you would have to compensate for the exchange rate but with crypto, the price is the same regardless of where you are. so .05ETH is worth the same in every country in the world. 

it's also easy and private. no need to disclose your name, credit card number, billing address etc. you can just scan a QR code and make a transaction. 

also because everything is visible on the blockchain, if you buy a unique NFT, it's always tied (but not stored) to your wallet. as a hypothetical example: if Alcofribas were to sell his previous comments, an additional note could suddenly appear in his post history to indicate the new owner. and this person would then be able to edit/delete these previous posts without requiring Alcofribas' password. 

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 1

Yeah, but the eth would still cost me local money vs the eth value at the moment of purchase plus fees and hassle. unless your salary is in eth you're probably worse off than buying something in another government dollar. If I bought something for 1 dollar ten years ago and I was to buy the thing again the cost would be similar. If I bought something for a bitcoin ten years ago and was to rebuy it for a bitcoin now the cost is fuck. 

All the other advantages you listed are of zero use to me. I'm a normie.

I mean, why would anyone want to edit an alcofribas post. They're flawless.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

If I bought something for 1 dollar ten years ago and I was to buy the thing again the cost would be similar. If I bought something for a bitcoin ten years ago and was to rebuy it for a bitcoin now the cost is fuck. 

if you bought something worth 1BTC 10 years ago, today, that same "thing" would be valued around 0.000023BTC. 1BTC today would buy you significantly more

because of how volatile btc is, most places will just have a converter so you can establish the cost in real time of btc atm

as for editing alcofribas' posts: flawless posts could potentially fetch a very high price. perhaps one could create a black market to trade portions of them for future review

• Thanks 1

In my example the price is still 1 BTC, I'm just not able to buy it anymore.

I am however interested in buying some alcofribas.

Edited by Silent Member

What I still don't understand is, is there no mechanism to verify the 'creator'? (god l hate that word now, especially after Mr. Ek Spotifry used it to cover all musicians)

Like memes get 'stolen' and reposted all the time, but it's no big deal because people aren't generally selling them. And for instance, anybody could gather and claim to own the fine posting history of Alco. Would his only recourse be just the assumption that someone else would pay more if the seller is verified as the original?

On 2/23/2021 at 2:19 PM, Alcofribas said:

how much should i expect from my ouevre of posts? The Complete Posts of Alcofribas

Your ‘chre reviews alone will be worth 20K

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Your ‘chre reviews alone will be worth 20K

The Alco Experience(TM) only available on occulus rifts*

*i have no clue what that is, or even if it’s anything at all. But it’s in my mind, my “membank.” It’s there as “occulus rifts” which is some sort of computer game, a virtual world where people where goggles and inevitably jump into their flat screen TVs or put them on grandmother and she almost has a heart attack but it’s actually funny and not upsetting. “Occulus Rifts” by alcofribas with OPN Magic Oneohtrix Point Never One Oh Six Point Seven. 

• Like 1

That animated cat GIF just sold for almost $600,000.

Dude, I was so happy about that one. I loved that. Because I can’t imagine in my in my wildest dreams that that person earned the money that they deserve for creating Nyan Cat. Nyan Cat’s like a ubiquitous internet image. It’s like Pepe the Frog and all those other memes. Nyan Cat is a funny piece of art, but it’s like world famous. And there’s not even any words to — it’s the perfect NFT. I thought it should go for more. I bet $600K is just the starting block for the value of that piece.

WTF is an NFT? Allow Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda to explain (Input)