IGNORED

NFTs for music / auction music to the highest bidder via crypto tech

auxien

I'm selling an embarrassing memory of shitting my pants in kindergarten to the highest bidder.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

wonder if anyone has told the donald about this new scam where you can sell your old tweets. that mf would make a killing here. the one where he threatened to go to war with n. korea could fetch BILLIONS

• Like 1

raise the minimum wage at an excruciatingly slow pace over the next few years? lol absolutely not that's too much.

buying a pixel for like a billion dollars? hell yeah man, fucking Stonks dude. so cool in every way.

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

https://xlr8r.com/news/xlr8r-is-launching-an-nft-marketplace-for-electronic-music/

The value of music and the art that surrounds it has been eroded in the streaming era and NFTs can bring it back. By creating these rare pieces of art—exclusive tracks, albums, physical products, publishing rights, sample-packs, or whatever they wish—artists can connect with and, importantly, monetize their loyal fans away from centralized digital music platforms.

'get your most loyal fans away from other centralized digital music platforms and instead exploit them here with our brand new centralized digital music platform'

:cerious:

i paid a little attention to XLR8R, but they're obviously just fucks. that's the one plus to all this NFT shit, you really get to see who's only in the game because they want to exploit anyone and anything with no remorse or consideration, many of them doing some pathetic mental gymnastics to try and justify it. 

• Like 2

The dumbest trend of 2020s (so far). I feel like I should just unfollow every label and artist who pushes this bullshit.

• Like 7

NFTs are so fundamentally offensive as a concept when I was reading some article giving a primer about what they are and how they work I just gave up and said "man, this is so fucking stupid." 

Let's give everyone basic housing options, UBI, and publicly fund libraries and web archives to store people's creations. Give me that over this final boss influencer, hyper artificial scarcity, late stage capitalism bullshit. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Let's give everyone basic housing options, UBI, and publicly fund libraries and web archives to store people's creations. Give me that over this final boss influencer, hyper artificial scarcity, late stage capitalism bullshit. 

When we built this multi-family complex, we made a big mistake, we lost money. We gave them small gardens and windows, we installed water, lighting and heating systems — this was a wrong concept.  A man doesn't need a home, all he needs is a shelter.

If we can sell him on the idea of a shelter, we can make millions.

https://medium.com/sandbox-game/the-sandbox-tokens-lands-730b36217070

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

When we built this multi-family complex, we made a big mistake, we lost money. We gave them small gardens and windows, we installed water, lighting and heating systems — this was a wrong concept.  A man doesn't need a home, all he needs is a shelter.

If we can sell him on the idea of a shelter, we can make millions.

https://medium.com/sandbox-game/the-sandbox-tokens-lands-730b36217070

giphy.gif

probs belongs on this thread too..

1 hour ago, diatoms said:
kenmai9 at 0:10:

aphex twin NFT, when?

user18081971 at 0:10:

@kenmai9: SOON ! like very soon>>>>>>>

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

:trashbear:

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/21/2021 at 11:56 PM, auxien said:

not sure what all to say here. i got into it with William Fields on Twitter a few days ago because he was discussing doing this.

I think he might have come round, this certainly doesn't sound like a positive throw towards it:

• Farnsworth 1

23 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

So, how long until all this bullshit collapses? 

maybe next month, maybe next year, maybe never. regulatory bodies don't seem to care, i'm assuming because their friends are in on it. most likely is there'll be some super shady shit come to light at some point, probably a few times of increasing severity, and then it'll come under some light regulation and it'll turn into a new stock market (it basically already is) with some illusion of normalcy but now cool because it's the interwebz tech.

21 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

I looks like a /mu vaporwave essentials chart

lol

looking at some of his works, i've always liked a bit of it but it's definitely got this sheen of the sorta thing we're going to look back on in 10 years and go 'haha that looks so 2015'

59 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

I think he might have come round, this certainly doesn't sound like a positive throw towards it:

ha yeah. good if so, better he fall in the middle or on the non-Earth-destroying side of things imo. i've been unfollowing people left and right on Twitter over the last few weeks because of showing support for/trying to cash in on NFTs.... not that it means jack shit, but i just can't stand seeing it. 

• Burger 1

My mind just jumps right to the environmental impact, I don't give a shit about any of the rest of it - the whole idea is ludicrous. Anything that uses this much energy should not be growing in popularity like this. 

global warming climate GIF

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

My mind just jumps right to the environmental impact, I don't give a shit about any of the rest of it - the whole idea is ludicrous. Anything that uses this much energy should not be growing in popularity like this. 

using more energy than expected = big bonuses for certain people. anything that keeps the wheels turning, the money and power keeps flowing upward.