IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

MIXL2:

but why is one right and the other wrong..? where is the line defined and who defines it? what if I want to learn the native dance? There are for example "buggkurser" here in sweden which would correspond to the "native dance class" . There are also "salsa dance courses" which is a danceform from colombia (my country of origin).. should I be outraged about that? is the problem in the use of language?

This sentence from wiki does a good job summarizing - and yes it can be confusing - but life is generally not an either/or condition.

"...issues of colonialism, context, and the difference between appropriation and mutual exchange as central to analyzing cultural appropriation."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't hear what any of you guys are saying over the sound of you jacking off into your own mouths

i’m sorry but this doesn’t even make sense on your own terms. cumming into one’s own mouth is a quiet, sacred affair. it’s a nigh silent mysterium coniunctionis.

^ I agree with your last paragraph (though it's quite possible to be a serious guy in your 50s and to be less nuanced with your social media use than someone who's grown up with the stuff) and partially with your first.

But this is silliness: "he sheds no light on the material or psychological realities of the kind of vulnerable men he's exploiting but instead keeps them distracted by irrelevant outrage. and it's very good for business. "

There are literally 10s if not 100s of hours of the guy's university lectures in psychology (from before he blew up re C-16) online.

He's a very engaging lecturer and communicates ideas in ways that people find easy to grasp, hence his popularity.

I'm not very interested in the 'cheap outrage' factory coming from all directions (I lie, it's fascinating) but to dismiss the man completely is.............."trite and idiotic".

i'm sorry but this doesn't stand up on it's own terms. we're supposed to value the 100s of hours he spent lecturing on psychology on a professional level and ignore the fact that he publicly throws around "crazy harpy" and "insane" as epithets against his opponents? is this the kind of behavior we should expect from a psychology professional? this comes up on practically every subject he speaks about. he's got years of professional academic experience and he still can't even manage to demonstrate that he has read the texts he holds entire lectures proselytizing about? i'm sorry but his whole analysis of foucault as some suicidal marxist is bad on your own terms -- it's not only historically false but it's extremely stupid analysis.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't even stand up to its own terms.

2) someone actually had to be told "It is virtually impossible to steal a dude's cum and impregnate yourself with it"

Multiple times. I bet he still doesn't believe it though.

lol yeah... good luck boys...

...she's comin for ya

qoB3WFE.jpg

^ I agree with your last paragraph (though it's quite possible to be a serious guy in your 50s and to be less nuanced with your social media use than someone who's grown up with the stuff) and partially with your first.

But this is silliness: "he sheds no light on the material or psychological realities of the kind of vulnerable men he's exploiting but instead keeps them distracted by irrelevant outrage. and it's very good for business. "

There are literally 10s if not 100s of hours of the guy's university lectures in psychology (from before he blew up re C-16) online.

He's a very engaging lecturer and communicates ideas in ways that people find easy to grasp, hence his popularity.

I'm not very interested in the 'cheap outrage' factory coming from all directions (I lie, it's fascinating) but to dismiss the man completely is.............."trite and idiotic".

i'm sorry but this doesn't stand up on it's own terms. we're supposed to value the 100s of hours he spent lecturing on psychology on a professional level and ignore the fact that he publicly throws around "crazy harpy" and "insane" as epithets against his opponents? is this the kind of behavior we should expect from a psychology professional? this comes up on practically every subject he speaks about. he's got years of professional academic experience and he still can't even manage to demonstrate that he has read the texts he holds entire lectures proselytizing about? i'm sorry but his whole analysis of foucault as some suicidal marxist is bad on your own terms -- it's not only historically false but it's extremely stupid analysis.
I'm sorry, but this doesn't even stand up to its own terms.

beat ya to it m9

MIXL2:

but why is one right and the other wrong..? where is the line defined and who defines it? what if I want to learn the native dance? There are for example "buggkurser" here in sweden which would correspond to the "native dance class" . There are also "salsa dance courses" which is a danceform from colombia (my country of origin).. should I be outraged about that? is the problem in the use of language?

This sentence from wiki does a good job summarizing - and yes it can be confusing - but life is generally not an either/or condition.

"...issues of colonialism, context, and the difference between appropriation and mutual exchange as central to analyzing cultural appropriation."

what? thats quite a confusing sentence

Jordan wakes with a startle, wet as a lost dog caught in a desert's summer cloudburst. They will disappear, all of them, in no time at all, all his brethren are being forced away, kicked like stupid wild puppies abandoned by their father wolf...yes, that was it! That was the dream he woke from in a dripping sweat, he was a leader of a the pack, the wolves and coyotes and so many dogs abandoned by their suburban mothers, nuclear families who had no more time for some dime-a-dozen, boring, sweet, tan labrador or shepard: once so revered and now being driven out into the vast desert and thrown from the new SUV, barely stopping, no time for another puppy who had nothing unique to him, no color to his coat, no special tricks, all so many abandoned canines! He was leading them all in this dream, gathering them from their woe and bringing them together. Yes. They were all together now, alone in the arid wilds, rain coming sparely but as if it were a punishment when it did! They would endure though, lick up the water caught in the creekbeds and enjoy it as the praise from the heavens it was, they were divinely guided it was for certain. And he, he was the leader of this ever growing pack. Soon they will be stronger than ever before, all dogs, coyotes, wolves, every last one, they are young! they are gaining their health and they will take back their homes! The crazy women, the weak males, they all will see they were wrong, so very soon. One more rain, the bunnies will be all eaten by us and we will be strong again. To the suburbs we shall return, he thinks now in his bed. His skin is drying but he knows within him there are the claws of a wolf, the fur of the beast just below his skin. Drive us out of the Humanities of universities, will you? You will all pay. He turns over, a grin on his face, lit only by the shimmer of the moon. Inside he howls. Soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26xfc53XfCA

Police searched her backpack and found a garrotte, a metal wire with handles, a sole-purpose instrument designed for strangling.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/christie-blatchford-jordan-peterson-vs-the-new-freedom-fighters-at-queens-university/amp

Police searched her backpack and found a garrotte, a metal wire with handles, a sole-purpose instrument designed for strangling.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/christie-blatchford-jordan-peterson-vs-the-new-freedom-fighters-at-queens-university/amp

i can't believe you read that nazi propaganda 

i can't believe you read that nazi propaganda

ugh I just quoted the first article I found (note, from jordans twitter feed)

https://globalnews.ca/news/4066542/woman-arrested-window-damaged-following-protest-at-queens-over-controversial-lecture

edit: fucks sake now this one reads biased the other way, fuck this earth

i can't hear what any of you guys are saying over the sound of my new friend running towards me

UR1Pz74.gif

that looks like a good friend

if ever there was a thread to resurrect trashbear in all his thread-destroying glory, it's this one.

Little late to the thread, but I just wanted to clarify the "sperm stealing" thing because I believe it was misunderstood. My understanding is that sperm is not literally stolen. Typically a woman lies about taking birth control or damages the condoms. I doubt it happens that often, but I bet it has to a select few unfortunate lads!

One time I tied up a condom like a water balloon after we were done, and this girl took it into the next room to throw it away but it seemed like an uncomfortably long time to do it. I assume she put it in a cryogenic freezer to procreate the species onboard an Elysium-like spaceship in 200 years.

Little late to the thread, but I just wanted to clarify the "sperm stealing" thing because I believe it was misunderstood. My understanding is that sperm is not literally stolen. Typically a woman lies about taking birth control or damages the condoms. I doubt it happens that often, but I bet it has to a select few unfortunate lads!

That’s the normal interpretation, but I can assure you that Zeff’s comments back in the day did in fact refer to stealing cum from a trash can in a back alley.

For some good ol’ fashioned what about it, it should be noted that men also do the ol damaged condom trick or in more extreme cases slip the condom off midway through the act of coitus.

MIXL2:

what? thats quite a confusing sentence

How is that confusing to you?

Archived