IGNORED

Aphex Twin - New LP?

Extralife

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/2/2019 at 1:09 PM, parameter said:

I know for a fact that he has a collaboration coming out in Fall (probably Octoberish) on Warp. Believe it's an EP, or a 2 track single.

I'm very excited for it, and it's something that's been speculated on especially as of recent. Had it confirmed to me by the other producer, in person a couple of weeks ago. 

He (Richard) also has an abundance of new work of his own...that I'm told is very similar to his early SAW work. We're probably hearing a chunk of it in his recent live sets. 

You should make a caesar cipher out of the producers name. That would be fun. Or give us the answer in an incredible roundabout way... btw we all already know it's Jlin so you don't need to do any of that we're all collectively messing with you. Context clues.

So you don't need to keep it secret because it isn't one. So you can talk about how it's Jlin freely now. If anyone reacts with surprise or excitement it's because they're dedicated character actors.

Always down for hype, but I'll be content for some time making playlists out of everything he's ever released/leaked incl the unreleased live tracks from the last couple of years. 

19 minutes ago, LoogieProxy said:

Always down for hype, but I'll be content for some time making playlists out of everything he's ever released/leaked incl the unreleased live tracks from the last couple of years. 

47 minutes ago, StephenG said:

That track

mmm

I've been wondering what the brooklyn track at 33:16 in the video sounds like and it reminds me a lot of Tipper's mid to late 2000's style

6 hours ago, popeonarope said:

I'm not entirely convinced that the tracks at 27, 33, 35, 41 min are even his.

There have been a few tracks people thought was his, then suddenly someone posts the actual track, which turns out it was from a random unknown artist who posted a track to youtube years prior.

6 hours ago, Brisbot said:

There have been a few tracks people thought was his, then suddenly someone posts the actual track, which turns out it was from a random unknown artist who posted a track to youtube years prior.

Yeah, I saw a few tracks recently identified on the various setlists available on reddit. Even some of the closing live modular noise ended up being full-fledged tracks by another artist. Other than the intros and live versions of Aphex tracks, I'm willing to bet the "new tracks" probably aren't his. If they are, they're definitely not as obvious/apparent as when he debuted T69 Collapse and MT1 (exception is 1st 44 at Forbidden Fruit. I thought it was an unreleased Jlin track or collab. Fooled me).  The only one on that youtube collection that makes me go "hmmm" is the one that starts around the 26:30 mark. Uses that popular jungle sample that he used on s950tx16wasr10 and the sleigh bells sample on MT1.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:56 PM, Brisbot said:

You should make a caesar cipher out of the producers name. That would be fun. Or give us the answer in an incredible roundabout way... btw we all already know it's Jlin so you don't need to do any of that we're all collectively messing with you. Context clues.

So you don't need to keep it secret because it isn't one. So you can talk about how it's Jlin freely now. If anyone reacts with surprise or excitement it's because they're dedicated character actors.

No it's not Jlin. I've already said enough to narrow it down to like 4 people. 

18 hours ago, parameter said:

We're gonna do that thing off mindhunters and study your dialect to find out where you live and then see who is associated with that area and aphex twin.

Or we can just wait.

19 hours ago, popeonarope said:

Yeah, I saw a few tracks recently identified on the various setlists available on reddit. Even some of the closing live modular noise ended up being full-fledged tracks by another artist. Other than the intros and live versions of Aphex tracks, I'm willing to bet the "new tracks" probably aren't his. If they are, they're definitely not as obvious/apparent as when he debuted T69 Collapse and MT1 (exception is 1st 44 at Forbidden Fruit. I thought it was an unreleased Jlin track or collab. Fooled me).  The only one on that youtube collection that makes me go "hmmm" is the one that starts around the 26:30 mark. Uses that popular jungle sample that he used on s950tx16wasr10 and the sleigh bells sample on MT1.

Yeah. Well makes sense, once he starts to get into the slower tempo ambient range suddenly that opens up tons of potential producers. Whereas I thought 1st 44 was 99% chance his. There are many tells, especially that last minute or so.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:32 AM, parameter said:

this is crazy i can't wait for this new Jlin album

I wonder will the new tracks appear on Analord-style EPs rather than a straight album? They feel more akin to analord than say SAW 3

I'd like that - also feels like they'd work that way... nice artwork, multiple releases, paced-out product etc

On 5/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, Brisbot said:

then again there are quite a few tracks that people doubted were his when played live before release or were largely unrecognized. 1st 44(people thought it was jlin or something), abundance, pthex, simple slamming 

16 minutes ago, Bubba69 said:

then again there are quite a few tracks that people doubted were his when played live before release or were largely unrecognized. 1st 44(people thought it was jlin or something), abundance, pthex, simple slamming 

Every single collapse track he played out before the release I figured was his. Even if he's working in another style there are so many signs. IMHO Jlin's style doesn't really feel like 1st 44. Unless it was a one off kind of track.

Then again if it was confirmed beforehand that it wasn't aphex's she would be my second choice.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:34 AM, popeonarope said:

At Primavera Portugal 

I always like hearing these alt versions with some drums omitted. Also the panning with that guy's voice.

Archived