IGNORED

Aphex Twin - New LP?

Extralife

From Joyrex's site upgrade post:

"As some of you may or may not know, we are finally doing a long-delayed upgrade to the forum and site, the first major part being the forums which will happen soon.

I know what you're saying - is that "soon" as in "Is Aphex is dropping a new LP soon"? No, not quite (but he is... soon)"

I know that the false hype can be strong at times.......but?

All the new tunes he has been playing in recent sets.  Very similar "more ambient" styles. 

Is SAW III coming?

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/be4i18/unreleased_material_played_at_recent_live_shows/

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i disagree that the unreleased tracks can be neatly categorized as “saw iii” or ambient..

Yeah you’re right...but I’d say they are more “lush” and less hyper than some of the Collapse and Syro-era stuff.

i disagree that the unreleased tracks can be neatly categorized as “saw iii” or ambient..

SAW 1 was full of beats and acid, but straight beats not hyper stuff, might be the same style again?

Still waiting for MFM

I have a feeling this project took backseat to newer tunes... Richard has always liked moving forward instead of revisiting the past (Soundcloud dump not withstanding, although that was more a preservation project than anything else).

Something is coming though - look at how DfN, Field Day, and other live performances led to the Collapse EP...

Still waiting for MFM

I have a feeling this project took backseat to newer tunes... Richard has always liked moving forward instead of revisiting the past (Soundcloud dump not withstanding, although that was more a preservation project than anything else).

Something is coming though - look at how DfN, Field Day, and other live performances led to the Collapse EP...

But you mentioned new LP...no insider info? Just speculation “based on the facts we have”??

Archived