9 hours ago, zero said:

yeah but gen z are notoriously the group that doesn't show up at the polls. 

You have said the opposite of a true thing here

https://circle.tufts.edu/latest-research/half-youth-voted-2020-11-point-increase-2016

https://circle.tufts.edu/latest-research/gen-z-voted-higher-rate-2022-previous-generations-their-first-midterm-election

15 hours ago, luke viia said:

ahem, aristotle would like a word with you

the Greeks! good call dude. those OG's of government. suppose I need to read some of those classics before attempting to wax philosophical on political systems. seems like they had it all figured out. I know they talked about the cyclical nature of politics, one system will be replaced by another in time...sure seems like we're closing in on a point when democracy will be replaced by something else. probably AI related something or other.

13 hours ago, taphead said:

cool, thanks for fact checking. I was going on the anecdotal line of thinking that the younger generation doesn't turnout to vote in the same numbers as the older generation does. 

On 8/26/2023 at 1:54 PM, zero said:
On 8/25/2023 at 9:31 PM, trying to be less rude said:

this is the course of nature.

lol...dunno how much nature is involved in politics. the whole democracy thing is a man made system 

humans are nature.

designed by humans to keep other humans from devolving into chaos...only at this point in time now we see it isn't really working that well. the chaos is starting to creep further and further in.

democracy is the worst system of government except for all the others 

the democratic system as it was originally designed needs to be overhauled big time.

i think people expect too much of it. i view its purpose as quite simple, and it accomplishes it. that is to cycle in new people. it's a simple solution to the cronyism that festers outside of democracies. 

but too many strings attached to it, which won't allow it to change...

well the system is designed to be a self-repairing system. the way to affect change is from within. history is entirely individuals changing history.

something closer to communism is probably how humans should be doing it, if this were in fact according to the rules of nature. a collectivist system without the corruption.

there's a divide between theory and practice. there's a lot of utopia in the theory. in practice, they devolve into corruption.

anyway, I hope you're right man about the GOP being fucked. 

the more people engage with each other, the more victims of deceit will be disillusioned, and their deceivers revealed. like, as the georgia trials air on tv, people need to be talking about it. the future depends on our actions

best case is don don's legal doo doo prevents him from holding office again. is there nothing in the fckin system that says convicted criminal con men cannot become US president? re-write that shit now! stupid congress needs to come up with a new rule fast stating this.

he could run from prison. but his participation in an insurrection makes him ineligible. 14th amendment section 3. state secretaries of state will be putting it to the test by saying he's not eligible to be on the ballot. hopefully the threat of him being off the ballot in some states becomes real. they need to take it to court, probably.

Edited by trying to be less rude

2 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

humans are nature.

democracy is the worst system of government except for all the others 

i think people expect too much of it. i view its purpose as quite simple, and it accomplishes it. that is to cycle in new people. it's a simple solution to the cronyism that festers outside of democracies. 

well the system is designed to be a self-repairing system. the way to affect change is from within. history is entirely individuals changing history.

there's a divide between theory and practice. there's a lot of utopia in the theory. in practice, they devolve into corruption.

the more people engage with each other, the more victims of deceit will be disillusioned, and their deceivers revealed. like, as the georgia trials air on tv, people need to be talking about it. the future depends on our actions

he could run from prison. but his participation in an insurrection makes him ineligible. 14th amendment section 3. state secretaries of state will be putting it to the test by saying he's not eligible to be on the ballot. hopefully the threat of him being off the ballot in some states becomes real. they need to take it to court, probably.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4171623-florida-lawyer-files-challenge-to-disqualify-trump-from-2024-race-citing-14th-amendment/amp/

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Big Brain 1

35 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I feel like it’s probably about time we maybe make a 2024 US Election thread. 

maybe just an ongoing Decline of American Elections in the 21st Century? 

meh a little too pretentious. 

13 minutes ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

Probably. The 2020 election will remain a major theme of the 2024 election, however, for better or for worse.

Someone should edit the title of the thread to 2024 ShitShow

4 hours ago, Nebraska said:

^^^ to be fair, that shit is rare as hell 

This dude has a super deep well of cringe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CNN — A federal judge has determined Rudy Giuliani forfeits the defamation lawsuit from two Georgia election workers against him, a decision that could lead to significant penalties for the former Donald Trump attorney.

Giuliani lost the case because he struggled to maintain access to his electronic records, partly because of the cost, and couldn’t adequately respond to subpoenas from attorneys for Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss as the case moved forward.

things are about to get super embarrassing for some of these "conspirators"

6 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Truly immense talent. Once his presidential campaign sputters out, he and Playboi Carti should drop a record. 

wH50Y9q.png

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/110967260750400484

big T shillings truth hard on truthsocial, he even started a video series where he talks about “many subjects in many timeframes” (mainly about politics)

luckily, this account is achieving them on X

OtgLmkg.jpg

is she running for president? don't get me wrong.. it'd be hilarious to watch trump debate random people (from his prison cell) over whatever bullshit is going on in his brain.. 

• Facepalm 1