Question to fellow Americans here: 

How does it looks for Trump to actually win the next election? What are the odds? 
If not then how long time can Biden run the country? Is his health gonna allow that? 

1 hour ago, cern said:

Question to fellow Americans here: 

How does it looks for Trump to actually win the next election? What are the odds? 
If not then how long time can Biden run the country? Is his health gonna allow that? 

the president doesn't really "run" the country though. there's things they do but mostly it's the things they don't do.. at least these days. i think biden could squeak out another term but could drop dead in office too... 

trump has a chance to win and only if he gets kicked off the ballot in more than a couple states will i feel in any way safe from trump.  he'll spend the first year on vengeance if he gets elected. he'll be worse than ever and that plan 2025 from the heritage foundation will dismantle so many things and put various departments on life support. 

it all depends on the various trials he has to endure. if he gets convicted.. and disqualified.. we'll be better off but then who knows wtf.. all the other republican candidates are shit and i'm sure some of them could give biden a run for it. not to mention biden fucking up in the process and stepping on his own dick. 

i wouldn't be surprised if there's more bloodshed and gun fire and stupid people doing crazy shit. 

meh.. idk. it's a shit show. as usual. 

biden's fine. i always loved him, under obama. still love him, i think he's doing great. i like that he left afghanistan. he's handled ukraine impressively.  

the only thing anyone can say is he's on the older side. that should tell you that there's not much real bad you can say. 

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I was assuming it was a copy paste from some pro trump reddit. Could be me living under a rock, but he usually doesn’t post like this right? Such a mindf#ck. Am I in, or not? Summon.exe, was it reddit, chatgpt or having fun role playing?

• Haha 2

I'm taking care of an octagenarian rn and I just wanna say that it's not cool to be that old and in control of the nation regardless of whether he's currently okay. shit falls apart really quick at that age. don't get me wrong, I'll vote for him if he's the option, but ffs can we please get a reasonably aged president already? 

• Like 7

But Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden.. 
I don't think it is about his age that is the problem.. It Is just that his mental condition is running out on him, start geting senile fast while Trump stays his normal crazy same year after year. 

What I like with Trump tho is that he wants to fight the Deep state. I have always known about it and feel sorry for people not knowing enough about it and how big problem it is. 

• Burger 1

47 minutes ago, cern said:

What I like with Trump tho is that he wants to fight the Deep state. I have always known about it and feel sorry for people not knowing enough about it and how big problem it is. 

oh thaaaat's what he wants.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Upset man said:

Well I hope that with mitt Romney retiring, he feels emboldened to act independently of the party line and f some stuff up for the good of the nation and all

He’s got a book coming out that is rumored to dump all over Trump and the MAGA Republicans. He is allowed to say “darn” once in the book, according to elders.

• Like 1

I don't give a fuck if he actually want to fight it for real or he just talking crap

But I like that he address the problem.. He may be a greedy asshole himself also but that is better than a handful of companies that want to own everything and gets rules that apply above the laws. 

6 hours ago, cern said:

he's not someone with a careful mind for system design, out there trying to fix the system. he's someone who seems strangely bent on leveling the government and replacing it with authoritarianism. the departments he purged were State Dept and EPA. that tells you where his motivations are coming from. he courts foreign interests and the oil lobby because he knows they want to infuse him with cash. he uses the term deep state as a cover for attacking the government. he uses it as cover for attacking the justice system, which is one of the crucial pieces of the system of government that the USA pioneered. without a DOJ, governments deteriorate into authoritarianism. the president trying to overthrow our country is not good. 

i closely follow a lot of serious people and none of them take the concept of the deep state seriously. it's honestly an internet conspiracy trope, i'm sorry to tell you. sure, there are many employees. sure, secrecy is an inescapable part of some government work. sure, many employees are career professionals. sure, the military industrial complex has contracts and private companies and stuff going on. that's a nice setting for someone to make up a bogeyman of a deep state. it's not falsifiable. these are where tricks come from. you find something that's hard to disprove. but serious people don't take it seriously. the system is replete with checks and balances. there's not a runaway invisible monster. i guess that should be good news for you.

it's just us. it's just dumb voters, lawyer politicians, and career professionals trying to work with what they've got. and a lot of public servants acting on the feeling of service to their society that most people feel, though they act on it in different ways.

if anything... the invisible monster consists of voters having their minds jacked by junk narratives disseminated by special interests....................................................

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, cern said:

But Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden.. 
I don't think it is about his age that is the problem.. It Is just that his mental condition is running out on him, start geting senile fast while Trump stays his normal crazy same year after year. 

trumps normal crazy is way more dangerous than a slipping biden in mental decline.  not optimal but better than trump. trump is always going to do what's best for trump. that's how he approaches every situation. it's all transactional and "how will this help me.. what's in it for me?" - this is his primary concern. 

as for the deep state.. sorry but that's laughable. he's only echoing what his base thinks so he can get cheers and stay in their favor.  if he wants to fight the deep state it's because they have the dirt on him and are putting it in the hans of people who want trump gone.. or they know what he's up to with all his financial shenanigans and money laundering because they do monitor those things when attached to some people... so, if trump has done some shady international deals and people around him have too.. and broken laws etc.. this is bad for trump for the 'deep state' to know about so of course he'll fight them because it's a benefit to him.. but i don't know what it looks like for him to fight the deep state other than firing various heads of three letter agencies and putting in cronies who are just as corrupt as him and will do his bidding. 

trump wants to be a dictator. he wants power. he wants to be like putin or china or north korea. president for life.. subject to no laws. he wants to hurt people who have wronged him or challenged him or even said a mean thing about him and he wants to roll in piss in a fancy bed.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, randomsummer said:

To me, his voting bloc is very logical.  Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but I see a large chunk of people (not all obv.) who are rabid about him (not necessarily establishment R voters) as people who:

• Are fed up with the government for whatever reason
  • Are fed up with what they see as the "status quo" for whatever reason
  • Feel marginalized for whatever reason (sometimes because of their own deficiencies or faults and lack the ability or will to look inwardly and recognize said deficiencies, so they blame others (minorities taking my jobs, system is holding me down, etc.))
  • Have never or rarely voted before because of the above reasons

In Trump they see someone who (rightly or wrongly):

• They feel represents them as an "outsider" in the established political system, and will thus fight for them
  • Makes it OK to outwardly act like they inwardly feel (racist, xenophobic, overall hostile, etc.)

I'm probably missing tons of stuff here, but I feel like he allowed tons of new voters of all ages who felt like no candidate represented them and their feelings / values to "join the party".

I agree with all this. but these are the sentiments that led him to win the election in 2016, should no longer be applicable in a 2024 election. he failed all the new converts to his tribe the first time around. he didn't deliver all the shit he promised his red hat army. where is his stupid wall? plus, all American voters (and the world) saw the chaos that ensued on Jan. 6th. because of him. and he later on threw all those people under the bus. realistically, there should be no more new converts to his tribe at this point, because he failed in achieving all the shit he said he would do for the cult the first time around. why would anyone with half a functioning brain believe he could do it all somehow better a 2nd time around, now that everyone knows what a failure he is?

the problem, as I see it, is that so many people in this country no longer have "half a functioning brain." there are literally brainwashed zombies walking around that believe in 100% bullshit, and are ok with it! like we've past the tipping point where science, logic, facts, reason, etc. actually matter to millions of people anymore. aaand why is this? because of the fucking internet. before internet, was much harder to push all this nonsense out and be able for it to be seen by millions/billions of eyeballs. old school media, where info about what's going on in the world used to come from, is no longer trusted. trust any ol shit on the internet instead.

As far as the media goes, left-leaning media just pours gasoline on the fire every time they report on the next "outrageous" thing he does, and that we should all be so outraged at him.  Of course this is because they get more clicks / eyeballs / money if they report in this manner vs. fact-based reporting where emotions are checked at the door.  IMO, this will not change as long as money is what's driving them unless something very drastic happens, more drastic than what we've already seen.

IMO we are at the drastic point already. we've past the drastic point actually. that's why I think media should collectively agree to some pact to not give jackass Trump any more attention when he runs his mouth off, saying outright lies. but yeah, the money machine won't allow it.

In the end, I feel like the current climate of large and accelerating wealth gap has created a climate where something like this is much more prone to happen as more and more people are disillusioned as they see the economy doing relatively well while the rich get richer and they either are stagnant or are becoming relatively poorer. 

100% agree. wealth gap is a huge part of the anger that leads to jumping on the Trump train, where he promises the best snake oil in the world. I know there's been slow steps to try and improve it (e.g., raising min wage), but it's not enough. 

Edited by zero
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

trumps normal crazy is way more dangerous than a slipping biden in mental decline.  not optimal but better than trump. trump is always going to do what's best for trump. that's how he approaches every situation. it's all transactional and "how will this help me.. what's in it for me?" - this is his primary concern. 

Yeah I think they all are little bit crazy there in the states who are running the show. 

I think about the future for the youths there in USA.. It looks like the economic situation is getting worse and it is gonna be impossible for normal people to buy homes without fat depths and work hard asf for getting a small salary to survive the day. On top of that many need to work alot for paying back the depth after graduating school etc.. and now they are not even guaranteed a decent job after school. 

it is getting far more difficult and like I always say: The plan is that less and less people maybe not even 1%  want to own 99% of the money in the world and the rest of the people won't be owning shit. We never learn this in school.. 

In school it was more important that they teach us about World War II and France Revolution 🤡

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zero said:

I agree with all this. but these are the sentiments that led him to win the election in 2016, should no longer be applicable in a 2024 election. he failed all the new converts to his tribe the first time around. he didn't deliver all the shit he promised his red hat army. where is his stupid wall? plus, all American voters (and the world) saw the chaos that ensued on Jan. 6th. because of him. and he later on threw all those people under the bus. realistically, there should be no more new converts to his tribe at this point, because he failed in achieving all the shit he said he would do for the cult the first time around. why would anyone with half a functioning brain believe he could do it all somehow better a 2nd time around, now that everyone knows what a failure he is?

the problem, as I see it, is that so many people in this country no longer have "half a functioning brain." there are literally brainwashed zombies walking around that believe in 100% bullshit, and are ok with it! like we've past the tipping point where science, logic, facts, reason, etc. actually matter to millions of people anymore. aaand why is this? because of the fucking internet. before internet, was much harder to push all this nonsense out and be able for it to be seen by millions/billions of eyeballs. old school media, where info about what's going on in the world used to come from, is no longer trusted. trust any ol shit on the internet instead.

This is one major pit that I see people falling into when trying to understand why these hardcore supporters are they way they are.  You cannot apply logic to their behavior.  Don't expect them to behave logically; their motivation for supporting Trump is not coming from a place of logic.  They don't care that he didn't deliver on his promises, obviously.  He's their guy, and he represents THEM, to the end.  Plus they'll probably rationalize those failures to deliver by saying something like he was hamstrung by the establishment or the deep state or some stupid shit like that.

And yes, of course the internet / social media / 24/7 news cycle has accelerated this.  Remember that this social media / media 24/7 cycle is money-driven, and pubic companies in this country have to show constant growth; IMO this causes a sort of "arms race" of the type of reporting that got us here.  I only expect it to accelerate until something drastic happens that can cause a sea change in opinion and maybe cause some positive change.  Which leads to your comment below:

17 hours ago, zero said:

IMO we are at the drastic point already. we've past the drastic point actually. that's why I think media should collectively agree to some pact to not give jackass Trump any more attention when he runs his mouth off, saying outright lies. but yeah, the money machine won't allow it.

We may be at that point already in your mind, but things haven't changed.  I wonder sometimes what things would be like if someone more important died on Jan 6th or if some Congresspeople were actually kidnapped.  Would the Rs in congress have been able to just stare at the floor during the Jan 6th impeachment trial like a bunch of fucking obstinate children?  Would the establishment R voters have been able to hold their nose and still support Trump?  That's the kind of drastic event I'm thinking of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, randomsummer said:

You cannot apply logic to their behavior.  Don't expect them to behave logically; their motivation for supporting Trump is not coming from a place of logic. 

true, and that is something I have to remind myself of. I try and adhere to the principles of common sense. but I can't control what other people out there want to believe. if they want to believe in BS and vote for cheeto man, then that's their right. IMO this doesn't help out the greater good at all...but there is not a lot the rest of us can do to convince them otherwise. his supporters are dug in at this point, won't budge. 

4 hours ago, randomsummer said:

We may be at that point already in your mind, but things haven't changed.  

to clarify - by drastic I meant the fact that donald is still able to run for pres, despite all the shit that has happened. it seems insane to me that he could direct his tribe to storm the capitol, and still have a legit shot at coming back into the white house... the media attention helps him we know. IMO it should be all hands on deck to stop him from getting re-elected, like a media blackout so he doesn't gain any more traction. but yeah, that's only what I think, and not what will actually happen.

• Like 3

mainstream media definitely making mistakes. just saw some tidbits of an interview with him from some NBC reporter asking him all these questions about what he'd do if he was re-elected... this seems too normal.. and yeah.. i'm sure they had to agree to not ask certain questions to be granted an interview but wtf. it's shitty. 

they're dumb or just planning on him being the republican nominee so treating him as such.. this kinda flys in the face of the various charges and indictments and criminal cases still pending.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cern said:

What needs to be change to get USA better

more handjobs from our congresspeople would be a good start. might help them learn how to get anything over the finish line.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, cern said:

What is the most important question/quest for fellow Americans here? 

why exactly did the universe come into existence?

29 minutes ago, cern said:

Is it climate? Economy? 

aliens

30 minutes ago, cern said:

What needs to be change to get USA better? 

quickly pass a law to forbid anyone with the letter "T" in their last name from ever becoming president

• Like 2
  • Haha 1