Autechre topic number one

Guest Shockerbrown

• 3 years later...
Guest musicforairports
rae and corc

the rest can kind of fuck off except for arch carrier maybe

ugh vose in and fold 4 wrap 5 are shite. the rest is pretty fuckin decent tho

*head explodes*

The whole of LP5 is quite simply amazing (minus acroyear2). Autechre's most futuristic album.

Guest theSun

i never really got into fold 4 wrap 5, it's just too repetitive. after a while it's like "ok, we get it, the song 'slows down' without really slowing down. wish they developed that idea more.

i LOVE rae, caliper remote, under boac, 777 and of course drane2 (which i believe is far superior to the original)

Guest glasse

i have something similar to this that acroyear 2 on vinyl sounds amazing on. lp5 in general really. the tinny sound of the built in speakers + the vinyl sound really good.

crosley_celebrity_oak.jpg

Guest musicforairports
i never really got into fold 4 wrap 5, it's just too repetitive.

You could easily say that about any of Autechre's tracks

e.g

Recury

Lentic Catachersis

Montreal

(some of the best autechre tracks)

It's the subtle changes that make these tracks fantastic, and compared to them I think fold4 wrap5 is one of their most varied tracks. The weird synths, the weird tempo, the weird robot noises after the halfway mark all come together to make a weird/great track. But in the end its just a matter of personal taste.

personal taste is a very interesting thing because after you have opened up to enough types of music that you originally did not like, you realize that there is not really any such thing as 'good' or 'bad' music. Its all a matter of taste, there is no 'shite' autechre tracks, and there are no 'best' autechre tracks.

The only time I really think one could say that a song/music genre is BAD is if the production is shit.

If you master the shit out of your track it can no longer be described as BAD, just not prefferred by you.

Tracks that are flat as shit and full of clipping and have no sort of effects going on don't sound professional and thats the only time I would ever call music BAD. So long as you tweak all of your sounds enough to make them sound unique and not just slight variations on the default patches, I would say you have polished it enough for it to disqualify any "BAD" label you could apply.

Maybe its only one note, maybe its an extremely irritating tone, maybe it is complete randomness. It is still not bad, if it was polished, because the polish adds emphasis and shows that whatever the hell that particular song is, it was MEANT to sound like that

• 3 weeks later...
If you master the shit out of your track it can no longer be described as BAD, just not prefferred by you.

Tracks that are flat as shit and full of clipping and have no sort of effects going on don't sound professional and thats the only time I would ever call music BAD. So long as you tweak all of your sounds enough to make them sound unique and not just slight variations on the default patches, I would say you have polished it enough for it to disqualify any "BAD" label you could apply.

There are so many things wrong with this statement that I can't even be bothered to list them.

There are so many things wrong with this statement that I can't even be bothered to list them.

Actually no, sorry, you're wrong. Music taste is 100% opinion-based. If you ever try to assert the quality of a track as a fact than you are a complete fool.

Actually no, sorry, you're wrong. Music taste is 100% opinion-based. If you ever try to assert the quality of a track as a fact than you are a complete fool.

I just reread the post I quoted. I read it wrong. Don't mind me. :sleeping:

Archived