IGNORED

i'm gonna start an industrial psychedelic goth drone nu-metal band and you cannot stop me but you can help my vision.

Salvatorin

i used to be a bigger tool fan but there is one of their track that stands out over the decades. that for me is THIRD EYE.

it has a lot of the qualities i am looking for. darkness, weirdness, dissonant melodies, hooks, quiet, loud, etc.

and what makes this track actually way more interesting than a lot of lateralus is the use of dissonance. think about that for a second, fellers.

The footage used for that video is astounding.  Gonna have to find "La Femme qui se Poudre" now.  It's like the live action version of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

the_folklorist_behind_scary_stories_to_t

... which was apparently turned into a live action movie this year - wtf.

11 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The footage used for that video is astounding.  Gonna have to find "La Femme qui se Poudre" now.  It's like the live action version of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

the_folklorist_behind_scary_stories_to_t

... which was apparently turned into a live action movie this year - wtf.

You don't need to find it, I got it on DVD last year (EDIT: actually it was more like two years ago but whatever), I've got to go to work but send me a PM to remind me an I'll hook you up later tonight.  The original soundtrack is some excellent dark musique concrete by his wife, too.

He did a feature film but the company that distributes it screwed up and sent me two copies of the short films instead of one of each and shipping it back to the UK would cost more than the refund I'd get so I jsut gave the second copy to a friend.  His later short films are good in their own way but very different.  Lots of video footage of stuff like waves at the beach with heavy video effects.  Nowhere near as striking as this film but I still like them in a kind of 90s newage video way.

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Oh fuck yes!  That would be wicked.  Thanks mang.

No problem.

Also, it looks like he did another feature since last time I Googled him!

http://www.art-into-life.com/product/9229

• 3 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, Salvatorin said:

i remember finding this remix and thinking there were few things as heavenly as this. love the heaviness happening whilst the rest crunches along.

more like this pls, is there more like this on the metal thread? i havent read through it yet

Archived