IGNORED

black dresses

zlemflolia

On 8/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, cyanobacteria said:

completely okay to not like music and explain why

Yeah and when I did your response was "sorry it's not big brain enough for you" What a fucking great conversation. If you wanted to just listen to their tunes, and not have a conversation, don't spam the board with hours of their music.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, cyanobacteria said:

also the 'young people bad' boomer autofellatio

I specifically pointed out that all ages can be guilty of feeding off that exposition to live vicariously, but in the context of the social media performative aspect, it is more likely to be young people, since they are the ones predominantly using social media (except maybe facebook).

• Burger 1

31 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Yeah and when I did your response was "sorry it's not big brain enough for you" What a fucking great conversation. If you wanted to just listen to their tunes, and not have a conversation, don't spam the board with hours of their music.

I specifically pointed out that all ages can be guilty of feeding off that exposition to live vicariously, but in the context of the social media performative aspect, it is more likely to be young people, since they are the ones predominantly using social media (except maybe facebook).

im happy to have a conversation, i just don't understand why there is so much anger in this thread.  i dont think social media performative aspect of art is a real thing.  i think if someone famous made shit art and pawned it off they'd become less famous and made fun of, not that it would be propped up.  i think its generational conflict and differing perspectives.  shitty pop music sounds good on really loud speakers and since its popular you know other people will know and like it when you play it in a group setting, if they are the type of people that like that music.  i think trying to get into the psychologies of listeners of certain types of music is not a critique of the music at all since it doesnt involve any of the musical content, only the context around it

57 minutes ago, dingformung said:

why do I always have to break pages ?

You post a lot ... ta ta

You post a lot ... ta ta

You post a lot ... ta ta

tada da tada da tada tada

22 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

im happy to have a conversation, i just don't understand why there is so much anger in this thread.  i dont think social media performative aspect of art is a real thing.  i think if someone famous made shit art and pawned it off they'd become less famous and made fun of, not that it would be propped up.  i think its generational conflict and differing perspectives.  shitty pop music sounds good on really loud speakers and since its popular you know other people will know and like it when you play it in a group setting, if they are the type of people that like that music.  i think trying to get into the psychologies of listeners of certain types of music is not a critique of the music at all since it doesnt involve any of the musical content, only the context around it

I don’t know about others but I’m not angry. Like I said I just think it’s boring. 
How can you dismiss the social media performative aspect of their music? They stopped producing music because of drama on social media. They posted constantly on various social media channels, and especially discussed the relationship between their personal lives and their art. 
Ive already said my piece about their music, and I think the context is created by the band, and is a part of their music, and that exposition  ultimately detracts from their music. 
The only thing generational about it is that younger people engage more with social media. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

i think if someone famous made shit art and pawned it off they'd become less famous and made fun of, not that it would be propped up.  kanye laughing GIF

• Burger 1

On 8/30/2020 at 6:02 AM, cyanobacteria said:
On 8/30/2020 at 5:57 AM, dingformung said:

Oh god, that sounds so bad

you gotta ignore the bad parts to hear the good parts

like a wise watmm's member once said:

is it OK to only like the bits that sound nice?

On 8/30/2020 at 5:02 AM, cyanobacteria said:

you gotta ignore the bad parts to hear the good parts

Whhyyyy?????

If 51 years on the planet has taught me anything, there's more than plenty of good/good music than to be bothered with bad/good music. 

What next, admiration for Stryper bass solos?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tailings said:

Whhyyyy?????

If 51 years on the planet has taught me anything, there's more than plenty of good/good music than to be bothered with bad/good music. 

What next, admiration for Stryper bass solos?

i meant it very literally, that only the ending of the song is good

anyway i like this music for real sorry you dont, theres music i fail to like too

Edited by cyanobacteria

13 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

i meant it very literally, that only the ending of the song is good

anyway i like this music for real sorry you dont, theres music i fail to like too

Actually, I hadn't even listened to the music yet.  It was more the oddity of that statement that caught my eye.  I do plan to listen to those Black Dress clips when I have a chance.  But seriously, there really is more than a lifetime's worth of genuinely good music in the world to not have to suffer through partially good material.  And that's even allowing for differences in taste.