IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

i totally agree the art is better than on elseq or exai. on the physical copy I think it looks pretty sweet. the superbright orange color of the inner sleeve works really well.

Edited by Boxus
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Boxus said:

i totally agree the art is better than on elseq or exai. on the physical copy I think it looks pretty sweet. the superbright orange color of the inner sleeve works really well.

the sleeve art for the Plus LP reminds me of BP shells logo 

The Helios - our logo

Our logo was launched in 2000 and was designed as a dramatic break with tradition. Two decades later, it is still unlike any other energy identity and symbolises a number of things – not least our greatest source of energy: the sun itself

The colours of the Helios – named after the Greek god of the sun – suggest heat, light and nature. It is also a pattern of interlocking shapes: like bp, a single entity created by many different parts working as one. This was particularly relevant, as the new brand was launched after a series of mergers and acquisitions. It united all the heritage companies and employees that now make up bp and its global brand.

just some free-association
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Boxus said:

elseq was silly as well imo.

i personally adore the subtleness of lp5, ep7, peel session II covers, so sign seems too "obvious" and vulgar to me.
just saying...

4 minutes ago, Boxus said:

Elseq was a digital release. It's hard6unfair to compare. 

Exai has a very sweet inner design imo.

And I like the SIGN/PLUS design too.

Okay, I guess nothing ever will beat Chiastic and Quaristice designs for me, but I can live with that. It's to much a first world problem for me to complain about the cover of my favourite bands next amazing album. I accept what it is.

3 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:

the sleeve art for the Plus LP reminds me of BP shells logo 

The Helios - our logo

Our logo was launched in 2000 and was designed as a dramatic break with tradition. Two decades later, it is still unlike any other energy identity and symbolises a number of things – not least our greatest source of energy: the sun itself

The colours of the Helios – named after the Greek god of the sun – suggest heat, light and nature. It is also a pattern of interlocking shapes: like bp, a single entity created by many different parts working as one. This was particularly relevant, as the new brand was launched after a series of mergers and acquisitions. It united all the heritage companies and employees that now make up bp and its global brand.

just some free-association

for the record, i am not in the employ of Big Oil

caveat: though i do drive a motor-vehicle

1 minute ago, mycospherologyst said:

for the record, i am not in the employ of Big Oil

caveat: though i do drive a motor-vehicle

XD I'm a BP employee... We have this shit you quoted always somewhere in the office... in elevators, cafeteria walls, you name it. 

I laughed so hard, as I first saw the PLUS cover... the branch I work for was called "BP PLUS" XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chabraendeky said:

XD I'm a BP employee... We have this shit you quoted always somewhere in the office... in elevators, cafeteria walls, you name it. 

I laughed so hard, as I first saw the PLUS cover... the branch I work for was called "BP PLUS" XD

got love me some green-washing lol 

any inside info on whether Big Oil is moving towards Big Lithium??

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, misuta Go said:

so you re even butthurt about something that the ae didn't do themselves and no one is blaming them for?
goes to show...

Lol im not butthurt about the art? You are the one complaining about itm And btw even though they didn't make it they approved of the artwork since it ended up as the album cover

8 minutes ago, Chabraendeky said:

Elseq was a digital release. It's hard6unfair to compare. 

Exai has a very sweet inner design imo.

And I like the SIGN/PLUS design too.

Okay, I guess nothing ever will beat Chiastic and Quaristice designs for me, but I can live with that. It's to much a first world problem for me to complain about the cover of my favourite bands next amazing album. I accept what it is.

Quaristice was brilliant wasn't it. Shows how much simple color choices and typography can communicate. Anyway who gives a shit when the music delivers.

(personally i can dig SIGN/PLUS artworks, the latter maybe even more. curious for the real printed deal)

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Lol im not butthurt about the art? You are the one complaining about itm And btw even though they didn't make it they approved of the artwork since it ended up as the album cover

i made a valid remark because i just got the vinyl today. exai didn't seem too good on the screen but the quality of the print made up for it.

i was expecting sth similar with SIGN. to no avail, it is completely forgetable.

i understand the boys trust DR to do whatever they want, i don't blame THEM for it...

Edited by misuta Go

22 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

https://i.imgflip.com/4kammf.jpg

don't get me wrong btw: i think the tunes are fucking great for the most part. but i fail to see a unifying vision like on SIGN that'd qualify it as an album. genuinely curious if it's just me. maybe i shouldn't let the term "album" eff with my head too much. when i think about it confield, draft and exai also were quite fractured but there still was a kind of common athmosphere / flow that held them together. somehow i don't feel that on plus, especially towards the end.

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jaderpansen said:

don't get me wrong btw: i think the tunes are fucking great for the most part. but i fail to see a unifying vision like on SIGN that'd qualify it as an album. genuinely curious if it's just me. maybe i shouldn't let the term "album" eff with my head too much. when i think about it confield, draft and exai also were quite fractured but there still was a kind of common athmosphere / flow that drew them together. somehow i don't quite get that on pulse, especially towards the end.

Oh, you meant that meme seriously? I thought it was irony...

I change your mind:

SIGN = main event, first part
PLUS = main event, second part

Listen to them back to back. Both will open up and change.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chabraendeky said:

Oh, you meant that meme seriously? I thought it was irony...

I change your mind:

SIGN = main event, first part
PLUS = main event, second part

Listen to them back to back. Both will open up and change.

will try. thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mycospherologyst said:

Excuse my ignorance (gonna get that tatooed on my forehead) but whats with this alternative graphic. this just popped up in my tube recommends. an extra EP?

whats the consensus on the outcome?

how did you find that youtube link for it? I keep searching for X4 but can't find it..

1 minute ago, mycospherologyst said:

you have to work for Big Autechre       ?

?

or Big Lithium

ok so perhaps Sign is a concept album about the Big Oil era

and Plus is a contra-concept album about Big Lithium  ?

2 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:

ok so perhaps Sign is a concept album about the Big Oil era

and Plus is a contra-concept album about Big Lithium  ?

dessinmoebius.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, misuta Go said:

i made a valid remark because i just got the vinyl today. exai didn't seem too good on the screen but the quality of the print made up for it.

i was expecting sth similar with SIGN. to no avail, it is completely forgetable.

i understand the boys trust DR to do whatever they want, i don't blame THEM for it...

Ahh well i might have been too agressive in my last two posts. Everyone has their opinion of course, no hate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:
11 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

how did you find that youtube link for it? I keep searching for X4 but can't find it..

you have to work for Big Autechre       ?

?

or Big Lithium

ecol4 doesn't even show up on their channel page for me.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBUAlfIrcw1f0c4qGrYn3xA/featured

spooky!

• Farnsworth 1