IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

My CD finally turned up (Oct 8th-Nov 3rd). Looks very eyestriking, you walk into a room and can’t miss it. I could imagine the sight of the retail vinyl intriguing some new listeners.

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 11:12 AM, Blir said:

Still laughing at Wurstwasser's account deletion because he wasn't into SIGN as much as other fans. Oh I am laughing

I'm back with my good old glorious Shostakovich avatar pic. In short, it's rather embarrassing...: I was a sensitive pussy really, asked for account deletion, then realized, life without WATMM is useless, took a deep breath and decided to become adult. ? Enjoying PLUS more than SIGN, life goes on, etc. etc.

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Okay, it happened. "SIGN" really clicked for me today, and while it isn't my favourite Autechre release, I did suddenly see how special it is and "get" its unique sound. Every track has something going for it and more depth than is first apparent, at least in terms of brilliant mixing and sound definition - including the ones I used to find boring - and the bass management in particular is beautiful on this record. Real thick and warm sound all round. As an album I now actually find it more enjoyably coherent than PLUS, but either way it is good to have both these records. It's amazing how mood affects how we hear music...!

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 7

F7 might be my favorite ultramelodic track they've ever made. when it settles into the muted beat and grindy chords toward the end.. fuck it's so satisfying

8 hours ago, Draft78 said:

considering that the live response to oversteps was Yuggoth's hymn, I am inclined to believe that the set that will follow Sign - moreover in the occurrence of the planetary collapse - will be useful for him to manifest in our dimension.

I couldn't resist

https://we.tl/t-8360EBaJvT

23 hours ago, Draft78 said:

^^ no one has downloaded the supreme meeting between Focalor and erhcetuA : when the Lord of storms has emerged there will be no redemption for you, mortals

No offense to your eloquence and reputation, you didn't present your case convincingly to go download some stuff somewhere, people even rarely download local attachments. The thread is well past its prime as well.

It's healthier for morale to stick to jaded embeddeds

1 hour ago, Amen Lare said:

No offense to your eloquence and reputation, you didn't present your case convincingly to go download some stuff somewhere, people even rarely download local attachments. The thread is well past its prime as well.

It's healthier for morale to stick to jaded embeddeds

It is nothing more than a naive thing, which for some reason, evading boredom, I did. I have not uploaded the video on youtube to avoid violating the copirights, but since it is 30 seconds of a live, I considered it acceptable to share the file here, in a link that will expire in a short time, without creating any kind of damage. I then perhaps insisted, but in the wake of irony: if someone wants to see it it's ok, otherwise it's not a problem at all. The very fact that all these letters have been written has loaded this trifle with an expectation that far exceeds its content.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2