IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

5 minutes ago, Sub0 said:

PLUS didn't come with 1 month of growing expectations to sound disappointing enough, just a weak color speculation that realised. So SIGN was better. 

Give yourself time to get more used to each. It's far too soon to make any big pronouncements about which is better.

30 minutes ago, splesh said:

Give yourself time to get more used to each. It's far too soon to make any big pronouncements about which is better.

I've having another listen to ORANGE before I dive into GREEN.

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I've having another listen to ORANGE before I dive into GREEN.

I need to relisten ORANGE myself but I will say, GREEN has a lot more overall immediate appeal (but that could be just the immediate extreme novelty, besides which green is my favourite colour)

Edited by splesh
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, fumi said:

Wow. Autechre certainly spoil you guys. You get two albums in the space of a few weeks.

BOC fans. Seven years of nothing.

Conclusion: be a fan of both.  Love AE for their productivity, ingenuity and overall awesomeness.  Love BoC like an unexpected tryst.

11 hours ago, Chabraendeky said:

SIGN TUNKS!

Wurstwasser would love this...

Wurst Who?

• Like 1

Wow, marhide is the most un-autechre track I've ever heard from the duo.  I don't mean that in a bad way, only that I never would have pegged marhide as an AE track hadn't I known ahead of time.

Overall, digging PLUS.  It feels a pastiche of ae history and ae future.

Now ecol4; much more ae-like and defines that feeling of past/present/future ae-sound that I'm getting from PLUS.

Edited by tailings

3 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

just thinking about the sheer badassery of releasing an entire album with no announcement or press whatsoever. absolute king shit

wrong album thread LOL

*edit*

I mean, easily done though as I think they are just the same albums played in a different order and sold in different packaging?

Edited by Soloman Tump

1 minute ago, Soloman Tump said:

wrong album thread LOL

*edit*

I mean, easily done though as I think they are just the same albums played in a different order and sold in different packaging?

lol my bad

still, it's a legit 2LP production ya know. most other artists would milk this shit and be doing the rounds promoting it and stuff. "the lads" are just like let people wake up to this christmas miracle

• Like 6

Yep. Warp's legacy artists don't really need promotion/marketing tbh. They have a super established fanbase. 

Definitely appreciate how these 2 chre' albums dropped. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, fumi said:

Wow. Autechre certainly spoil you guys. You get two albums in the space of a few weeks.

BOC fans. Seven years of nothing.

Right?? At least throw me a crochet button or something  :psyduck:  

11 hours ago, splesh said:

Why can't people just either like or not like an ae track - the whole thing about 'give it time' is not always applicable I feel, I still don't like tracks that I didn't like the first time... Its OK not to like some of their work you know. 

To add, one could learn to like anything if it was beaten into you long enough... But does that make it better? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auxien said:

Societas x tape was pretty interesting

Yeah, I still chill to that on a monthly type basis, and I’m not even that crazy about them.

• Like 1