IGNORED

What Are We Familiar With? I Mean Really, Do We Know Anything? Do We Really Know Anything?!

Redruth

..on this little dying planet, surrounded by all these crazy 'human being' things ..I mean come on, we've made names for all these things and we say that we've figured things out....yet, i need only stop for a moment to really, really think and then i realize; i was born and before that i can't remember anything at all ..i pooped out and all these human things told me all these things, told me how things are, how they have decided things are, and i saw everything around me and i felt everything and i smelled everything and i heard everything and i tasted everything and i looked at it all ,and i slowly became familiar with it being what 'is'. i was, in a way; forced to accept it because i am 'experiencing it'. now i am thinking maybe there is more to know then just what the humans have told me, or more then what my brain and my senses are telling me.

what is? i can't help but think.. what the hell is going on? where the hell am i? i mean stop and be honest with yourselves for a second.

we just make do i guess really. everyone is just making do the best they can and we don't talk about the fact that we really don't know anything.

we don't know what the fuck is going on!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of "world history," but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die. _One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened. For this intellect has no additional mission which would lead it beyond human life. Rather, it is human, and only its possessor and begetter takes it so solemnly-as though the world's axis turned within it. But if we could communicate with the gnat, we would learn that he likewise flies through the air with the same solemnity, that he feels the flying center of the universe within himself. There is nothing so reprehensible and unimportant in nature that it would not immediately swell up like a balloon at the slightest puff of this power of knowing. And just as every porter wants to have an admirer, so even the proudest of men, the philosopher, supposes that he sees on all sides the eyes of the universe telescopically focused upon his action and thought."

Guest skibby

..on this little dying planet, surrounded by all these crazy 'human being' things ..I mean come on, we've made names for all these things and we say that we've figured things out....yet, i need only stop for a moment to really, really think and then i realize; i was born and before that i can't remember anything at all ..i pooped out and all these human things told me all these things, told me how things are, how they have decided things are, and i saw everything around me and i felt everything and i smelled everything and i heard everything and i tasted everything and i looked at it all ,and i slowly became familiar with it being what 'is'. i was, in a way; forced to accept it because i am 'experiencing it'. now i am thinking maybe there is more to know then just what the humans have told me, or more then what my brain and my senses are telling me.

what is? i can't help but think.. what the hell is going on? where the hell am i? i mean stop and be honest with yourselves for a second.

we just make do i guess really. everyone is just making do the best they can and we don't talk about the fact that we really don't know anything.

whats really cool is that written words make a sound in ones head but it is utterly silent. but i will wager that with sesnitive enough recording device, there ought to be some feedback outward from the ear, unless of course we've got little diodes in there.

Do you sometimes do a thing? I sometimes do a thing and it makes me think.

Do you think - Or do you sometimes not think? Does that make you think about a thing ?

Some more words.

Do you sometimes do a thing? I sometimes do a thing and it makes me think.

Do you think - Or do you sometimes not think? Does that make you think about a thing ?

Some more words.

but do we really think, maaaan... I mean, really. how do you know you're even thinking, like?

Our brains are massive but mainly dormant. Truth is in there and tappable but we are distracted, and so we should be. State of humanity. Few care, seldom is any consideration ever given to the wonder of existence. Occasionally somebody does a little pondering and the few bask in their conclusions, but modern life does not facilitate most of us with adequate time to reflect on our lot less we should reject it and there is no room for that in our society. The only questions and answers worth pursuing, as we are already too late, will be realised by guiding children toward the light, accommodate their learning and suggest the direction they may favour following to reap the rewards and get the most out of life. We need philosophers who are our peers, I am delighted that old guy sitting on a rock in Nepal has resolved himself to the vulgar evil of China and I can apply that to my life in some way, but I need first world problems absorbed and resolved before my buffering completes, where is my 404? I have everything anyone could want, well, any reasonable person, & reasonably want, never mind third world, or Palestine, but my life is incomplete because everybody has not got what I take for granted, and I feel for them, and if I didn’t have to feel for them, I would still choose to feel for them. I most want you to listen to my music, no, most want you to like my music, no, most want you to give me cash for my music, no, most want accolades for my music, no... I want everyone to have drinking water, respect, comfort in the knowledge they have a neighbour looking out for them. Peace Love & Harmony - otherwise it is not a complete life for ANYBODY on the planet. Existentialist pursuits and getting the most out of low pass filters, two things, there are loads more that ‘matter’ to me a lot, but WTF. Self indulgent pursuits are what keep me sane. I hate the news but you have to see it. I am more glad to be me more than I envy you, but I pity on a par. Until I am in a position to exist ‘my way’ I have to leave the important work to better people. I think Bono does good work and I hope he sleeps well at night. Good post, thanks for making this morning count, I hope you get sorted.

i pooped out today.

I have never pooped in.

So the real question here is: has anyone pooped in? if so - is it in any way, shape, or form related to injaculation?

yeah redruth I'm with you - nobody knows anything really, lots of people pretend they do though, some people are completely oblivious to how strange everything is, although, some people know they know nothing but still have commitments because they recognise that we're all in the same bizarre situation together, or they might think - well, everything's crazy so why not be this or that...

- and now for a watmm style reply -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWmaoQWX6Ws

Discover the world for yourself.

And you will know.

"If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think."

More importantly: Are you happy?

Archived