IGNORED

Syro period interviews

Boris de Vries

Even RDJ himself agrees with me that Bochum Welt came the closest to cloning his style. I remember when I called Bochum Welt the italian Aphex and the fanbois flamed me and claimed that his style was totally different from Aphex, completely missing the point... RDJ proved u wrong and me right, once again.

well then this RDJ guy should come to watmm so we can school him about Aphex

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even RDJ himself agrees with me that Bochum Welt came the closest to cloning his style. I remember when I called Bochum Welt the italian Aphex and the fanbois flamed me and claimed that his style was totally different from Aphex, completely missing the point... RDJ proved u wrong and me right, once again.

Just curious if you have ever posted anything sincere.. or is it really always sarcastic quibs of what you are observing here?

Yeah, massfreekid's junk is pretty clueless on this page. I didn't like the backtracking in his last post where he tried to find a happy medium. Either have an opinion or don't have it.

When are we having sex? You definitely need it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry if i ask stupid questions in this thread or post...

But about RDJ's kids. And his wife. They are real right?

Cause i read this one now.

And he mentions kids, but after the start in that one this came up.
---
dave: how does it feel to have a new aphex twin album coming out after so many years? its quite incredible to have such a large gap in releases and yet maintain such a loyal following. aside from the music of course, do u think your live performance work has been integral to this ? Also been checking some of your interviews that have started coming out, really cracked me up, all your lies about having kids and wives !
rich: Well you know you gotta play with the conventions ain’t ya, also though, I always kinda fantasised about what it would be like to have kids and get married etc, I know I probably will never do that, so I guess it’s nice to pretend that you’ve done it, my russian girlfriend was flattered when I started pretending we were married, a lot of people now think we are married which is funny and we just play a long with it most of the time, we had an imaginary wedding and have imaginary kids.
I’ve surprised myself quite how far I can take it, inventing personas etc.
---
Thats wierd.
But in this one he says he has kids and a wife.
...Dunno why that syrobonkers interview was taken down thou.
But yeah, does he have kids and a wife or not? ;)
Sorry of its a stupid question. I did not know that he had a kid before reading it on interviews before syro. That was fun to read.
But whats up with that noyzelab part? Got me a bit confused...
Thanks.

Just curious if you have ever posted anything sincere.. or is it really always sarcastic quibs of what you are observing here?

---
dave: how does it feel to have a new aphex twin album coming out after so many years? its quite incredible to have such a large gap in releases and yet maintain such a loyal following. aside from the music of course, do u think your live performance work has been integral to this ? Also been checking some of your interviews that have started coming out, really cracked me up, all your lies about having kids and wives !
rich: Well you know you gotta play with the conventions ain’t ya, also though, I always kinda fantasised about what it would be like to have kids and get married etc, I know I probably will never do that, so I guess it’s nice to pretend that you’ve done it, my russian girlfriend was flattered when I started pretending we were married, a lot of people now think we are married which is funny and we just play a long with it most of the time, we had an imaginary wedding and have imaginary kids.
---
Thats wierd.
Sorry of its a stupid question. I did not know that he had a kid before reading it on interviews before syro. That was fun to read.
Thanks.

someone call the cyberpolice

---
---
Thats wierd.
Thanks.

someone call the cyberpolice

Hehe. Stupid question. My bad.

I just read on wikipedia just now.

"In a 2010 interview with the FACT publication, James revealed that he was living in Scotland at the time after relocating from London—according to FACT, he "extolled the virtues" of his new residential location.[76] As of 2014, he lives with his two sons—from his first marriage[77]—and his second wife, a Russian art student.[78]"

So he has kids as i thought. That part in the interview must have been a joke then. I missed the joke...

Oh well.

are you his pissed off ex or a groupie

no offence dude/ girl

love!

Hehe. Nah, im just an old aphex twin fan. (a dude.) Been listening to him for like...17 years now. Heard him the first time 17 years now ;) Been a fan of his music ever since..

But i dont follow up on him personally. Dont know much.

But yeah, its cool if he got kids nowdays. And what i read about that his 5 year old son made some music. That was awesome to read about.

I just didnt understand that part in the interview, but it doesnt really matter that much. I trust wikipedia...

Dito!

sorry for my rudeness temp1

he says so in the interviews but who knows? and it doesn't matter anyway,

do you enjoy the new ep :music: ?

Its no problem.

Yeah. But wikipedia says so. I trust wiki.

Yeah, i kinda like it. But i prefer syro ;)

Archived