IGNORED

Syro period interviews

Boris de Vries

lol

triachus is some kind of wizard with a giant boner that he hides under his strategically placed hat. same goes for that derwaschbar wizard dude fellow guy.

fnixt.

double fnixt.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chesney

I enjoy ZoeB's ramblings. head screwed on that one.

there are so many ways to write a track/song and neither knowing or not knowing music theory helps any one person in the same way.

Gene's, experience, exsposure and natural talent all factor.

I don't know any theory and kind of ignored it because i'm lazy but I can write a structure as I have the gene's and have exposed myself to as much music as I can. Experience? maybe, i'm old. Natural Talent, probably not, if so i'm low on the scale. I come from a song writing background so think nothing of sectioning up an electronic track in loads of different ways, or i'm happy to let one thing plod and build in a linear way if the track warrants it.

I'd say RDJ is the same as me, and alot of us. He was really lucky to be heard at the time new moves were happening in music meaning that he could basically spend all his time doing what he loves and excellerate his level vastly. I dare say if some of you lot (I have listened to your music) could have done similar if the opportunity to do nothing but music arose. It's pot luck. Right time and place. And natural talent does factor which I believe RDJ has a plenty. He's not god though, just someone who has thousands of hours of practice on all of us.

this is for you Richard, i used 3 of your songs as background music for a quasi 9/11, american war crimes film

1:47:00 on :

(warning 1:56 - 2:00 has very graphic content)

think it would have worked better if you played some black putrefaction or lymphatic phlegm

So, still upcoming in the Syro interview series:

- Groove Magazine (released next week, 18th of october!)

- Noyzelab

- WATMM exclusive live Ask Me Anything broadcast (with gear auction (and new albums being played))

fix't

Archived