IGNORED

Russell Haswell played new Ae on NTS Radio

Guest pixelives

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like it is a lot shorter than the NTS version, or did they loop a few bits? Anyway, I uploaded it to YT for convenience:

hm, yeah ironically it seems to stop pretty much exactly at that point where guys started babbling all over it in the earlier radio show XP... recorded an isolated rip of that one, if they didn't loop anything it's like almost 10 minutes actually :o ... oh and yeah, it does sound awesome!

Things are ramping up...

asgfshgf :catnope:

!

BgO05tH.gif

zlmazyd6jwfgumyednfy.gif

o10Wjdg.gif

tumblr_mm6fstEynQ1s0l4jxo1_500.gif

5ALoDrP.jpg

asgfshgf³ !!!11

an 1hour Ae radio special is going to air on thursday on Ö1 (its an austrian radio station so its going to be mostly in german).

there´s going to be an interview aswell, dont know if its rec. but I´m going to record the whole show anyway.

i also dont think its an coincident after the ae remix on nts, now this ae special ?

here is the link.

http://oe1.orf.at/programm/413832

Thanks for the heads up, will also record and I could also transcribe/translate if necessary

ok then you translate! great i think we are 3 Austrians now on watmm ;)

Na serwas!

hehe

• 3 weeks later...

Judging by previews of the LP (track 11 here), the remix is actually very close to the source - to the point of redecorating and finishing another's raw track with some ae-branded FX and more straight rhythm, hence, i guess, the name "conformity version"

Nice, very close to the original indeed. I love how they try and serve the original tracks rather than just copy pasting their own style upon someone elses (aka every Luke Vibert remix). Apples and oranges of course (and nothing wrong with Luke's remixes at all) but the radically different results you get with Autechre's remixes always keep it interesting. That Laxir 2.0 remix compilation really has to happen someday!

Have to check out that Haswell record too, samples sound great.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are ramping up...

Pixel plz

definitely a new album is going to drop after the tour, i can feel it, but its nice to get 'insider hints' to confirm what already is an obvious inevitability :)

• 1 year later...

Besides a collab wit Merzbow I haven't got into Rusell Haswell caus I don't know where to start. Can someone recommend some slick releases by him please? Also that AE remix is hella chunky .

Live Salvage and Second Live Salvage

Value + Bonus

Factual

37 Minute Workout

Electroacoustic Sludge Dither Transformation Smear Grind Decomposition nO!se File Exchange Mega Edit

As Sure As Night Follows Day

Blackest Ever Black

Wired Lab CV Session #1

For starters :^)

Edit: oh yeah this is decent and FREE also

Start with As Sure As Night Follows Day, Tongue Dancer '85 (EP) and Double A (EP) if you want his stuff rooted in techno. He also just released a new Bleepstores page (just like Autechre) together with a brand new album here which is unlike the others I mentioned but definitely worth it.

https://haswellstudio.bleepstores.com/

Still need to hear most of the things on spirals list, starting with that soundcloud link (fanks!) right now! Can't wait to see him opening up for AE!

Yeah, the bleepstores thing was just released yesterday, right on time for the European tour I guess. The tracklist is great imo:

01. ‘Always Check Their Instagram’
02. ‘PANTHER nO!se’
03. ‘Usurper’
04. ‘Stochastic Jazz Fuck’
05. ‘AT WAR WITH TURD JAZZ’
06. ‘Blast Physics’
07. ‘Psychodynamics’

• 2 weeks later...

Not that surprised tbh (not that I'm advocating violence, quite the opposite). I've seen him live on Wednesday in Prague and his show was the most unpleasant live experience of my life and this comes from a fan of abstract/noise music. It seemed like the guy tried to make the most disgusting and out of place sounds imaginable and the fact that he doubled the volume level after Andy's set didn't really help. I was wearing ear plugs but the sound managed to cut through with uncomfortable intensity nevertheless. But I'm kind of greatful for this experience in a way because given the contrast Autechre sounded absolutely sublime! (I've removed the ear protection for their set and the sound was just perfect, actually the most balanced  and detailed sonic live experience of my life so far.)

yeh wondering how his ears are holding up? He must be pretty much deaf?

tbqh I can empathize with the attacker as well. If you're seeing him play live unprepared and have no ear protection and are not into noise - well it actually really sucks.

What about just leaving the venue hall for the duration of his set?

Then you risk not getting in in time before doors are closed for the duration of Ae set? Is this not part of autecracy regime for all their lives?

What about just leaving the venue hall for the duration of his set?

That's my plan for the upcoming London gig. I've had to listen to him twice now supporting ae and that's already two times too many. His live sets are absolutely fucking dreadful.

Archived