IGNORED

Listening to Analord for the first time...ever

Consequences

Someone said analord is one of his weakest works. Ban him forever, please. :catsuicide:

Together with Tuss and Syro, the anals are probably his best.

Well SOME of his works has to be among the weakest, doesn't mean it's bad or anything close

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get the digital Rephlex versions, they're still around, you just have to look for them. They're fuller sounding than the records. Just sit down and listen to the whole thing when you have the time, it's such an incredible experience. Chosen Lords is missing I'm Self Employed so it's objectively the worst thing that Rephlex has ever come out with

You should try out my nifty little 28-track playlist of Analord classics :aphexsign:

Put this on shuffle:

Steppingfilter 101
Where's your girlfriend
Analord 158b
Phonatacid
Laricheard
Pissed up in SE1
Bwoon dub
Boxing Day
Klopjob
Crying in your face
Homemade polysynth
Halibut acid
Breath march
Cilonen
Snivel chew
I'm self employed
Bodmin 3
Lisbon acid
Afx acid 04
Pwsteal.Ldpinch.D
Backdoor.Spyboter.A
Liptons B acid
Fenix funk 5
Xmd 5a
W32.Mydoom.AU@mm
VBS.Redlof.B
Love 7
3 notes con

You should try out my nifty little 28-track playlist of Analord classics :aphexsign:

Put this on shuffle:

Steppingfilter 101
Where's your girlfriend
Analord 158b
Phonatacid
Laricheard
Pissed up in SE1
Bwoon dub
Boxing Day
Klopjob
Crying in your face
Homemade polysynth
Halibut acid
Breath march
Cilonen
Snivel chew
I'm self employed
Bodmin 3
Lisbon acid
Afx acid 04
Pwsteal.Ldpinch.D
Backdoor.Spyboter.A
Liptons B acid
Fenix funk 5
Xmd 5a
W32.Mydoom.AU@mm
VBS.Redlof.B
Love 7
3 notes con

no w32.deadcode.A

your list is invalid

analords are frothed over a little too fiercely on watmm imo.

Have to agree with that, not just WATMM but by the list of copycats mentioned earlier in the thread. It's good stuff for sure but it lacks a lot of the soul, playfulness, and unpredictability of his earlier stuff. You get the feeling that you're hearing a master at work but not that he's learning much in the process. I dig the Analords when I'm in the right mood but usually it's all a bit Batman for my taste.

a lot of the analord tracks are repetitive and dont really progress or go anywhere and just seem kind of lazy and boring to me. then there are a handful of them that are great tracks. when i say boring for the other ones i mean in the sense that i can't sit down and listen to them, with all my focus. there just isn't enough there. however, for having on in the background when i'm doing something else, they're great. almost like SAW 2 in the sense of the repetition and great tones, and the melodies are still cool even if repetitive.

sup with the ghost tracks in some songs? i can hear carnival acid on bwoon dub, like when you record stuff over stuff on tapes... i know there's more examples just wanted to know if it happens on all versions vinyl/cd/flac... it's definitely not intentional but i can't believe neither that richard nor the master guys noticed it... so, can't really understand why it hasn't been fixed... well, i can, if the originals are on tape...

sup with the ghost tracks in some songs? i can hear carnival acid on bwoon dub, like when you record stuff over stuff on tapes... i know there's more examples just wanted to know if it happens on all versions vinyl/cd/flac... it's definitely not intentional but i can't believe neither that richard nor the master guys noticed it... so, can't really understand why it hasn't been fixed... well, i can, if the originals are on tape...

troll?

Put this on shuffle:

Steppingfilter 101
Where's your girlfriend
Analord 158b
Phonatacid
Laricheard
Pissed up in SE1
Bwoon dub
Boxing Day
Klopjob
Crying in your face
Homemade polysynth
Halibut acid
Breath march
Cilonen
Snivel chew
I'm self employed
Bodmin 3
Lisbon acid
Afx acid 04
Pwsteal.Ldpinch.D
Backdoor.Spyboter.A
Liptons B acid
Fenix funk 5
Xmd 5a
W32.Mydoom.AU@mm
VBS.Redlof.B
Love 7
3 notes con

you should try listening to all the songs in the correct order and kill yourself immediately after that!

Put this on shuffle:

Steppingfilter 101
Where's your girlfriend
Analord 158b
Phonatacid
Laricheard
Pissed up in SE1
Bwoon dub
Boxing Day
Klopjob
Crying in your face
Homemade polysynth
Halibut acid
Breath march
Cilonen
Snivel chew
I'm self employed
Bodmin 3
Lisbon acid
Afx acid 04
Pwsteal.Ldpinch.D
Backdoor.Spyboter.A
Liptons B acid
Fenix funk 5
Xmd 5a
W32.Mydoom.AU@mm
VBS.Redlof.B
Love 7
3 notes con

you should try listening to all the songs in the correct order and kill yourself immediately after that!

Quite rude

Quite rude

well, kill yourself like, yeah, listened to the entire analord, i can now die in peace???

or

fuck your lame opinion stop winning listen to all the songs goddammit...

you chose to feed the bad wolf...

Put this on shuffle:

Steppingfilter 101
Where's your girlfriend
Analord 158b
Phonatacid
Laricheard
Pissed up in SE1
Bwoon dub
Boxing Day
Klopjob
Crying in your face
Homemade polysynth
Halibut acid
Breath march
Cilonen
Snivel chew
I'm self employed
Bodmin 3
Lisbon acid
Afx acid 04
Pwsteal.Ldpinch.D
Backdoor.Spyboter.A
Liptons B acid
Fenix funk 5
Xmd 5a
W32.Mydoom.AU@mm
VBS.Redlof.B
Love 7
3 notes con

no w32.deadcode.A

your list is invalid

Here's a new list:

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

w32.deadcode.A

Better?

Put this on shuffle:

Steppingfilter 101
Where's your girlfriend
Analord 158b
Phonatacid
Laricheard
Pissed up in SE1
Bwoon dub
Boxing Day
Klopjob
Crying in your face
Homemade polysynth
Halibut acid
Breath march
Cilonen
Snivel chew
I'm self employed
Bodmin 3
Lisbon acid
Afx acid 04
Pwsteal.Ldpinch.D
Backdoor.Spyboter.A
Liptons B acid
Fenix funk 5
Xmd 5a
W32.Mydoom.AU@mm
VBS.Redlof.B
Love 7
3 notes con

no w32.deadcode.A

your list is invalid

this was my exact reaction.

Anyone who isn't retarded will realize that the omission of w32.deadcode.a is ofc a mistake, add that track to the list and this may just be the ultimate analord playlist ever created. Also, a big FU to THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON :cisfor:

troll?

Got them when they came out and wasnt too moved at the time. Then one day while driving in a friends car w my ipod hooked up, bodmin 2 came on and I was surprised I had never really given it a chance before.

One of my favs that I haent seen mentioned is Reunion 2 Alt version. It plays up one of my favorite bits from the original starting at about 1:40.

Also it was cool to finally hear the song (One of the Mammoth tracks... ) that is faint in the background during the drop out in Bwoon Dub.

I think you mean Carnival Acid that is heard in the drop out in Bwood Dub

result of dubbing over tracks or something isn't it. (bwoon dub has some carnival acid during the quiet bits)

i've always thought analord is so great because it's so constrained. it's like the punk of the afx oevure. he has access to every piece of analog, DSP, i mean he can swing a piano in a room from a backhoe. but just as some of the best music is made up of up 2guitars/bass/drums/voice, analord is from a set amount of sounds and is even sometimes meditative. then again, maybe i'm wrong- ah jeez, we can confirm that an important and intentional aspect was limited gear, yes?

Archived