IGNORED

Bon Iver - 22, A Million

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lump Bon Iver in with other Pitchfork critical darling shite like Joanna Newsom but just heard 22 (over soon).

Gonna have to just admit that is a really special tune.

I lump Bon Iver in with other Pitchfork critical darling shite like Joanna Newsom but just heard 22 (over soon).

I can see why he gets mixed in with that crowd, but honestly, his work is more interesting and has far more depth than the rest of that Pitchfork/indie-folk/beard garbage. This guy is the real deal.

His Volcano Choir side-project is also worth checking out too...

https://youtu.be/LRSmfSb_CZo

• 2 weeks later...

album leaked. 

track 8-9-10 are very special and it close the album on very touching way. but really the whole album is beautiful.

Even less guitar then bon iver album, lots of very slow tracks and lots electronica influence. he uses saxophone in the most beautiful way, use different arrangements of voices and samples that seem to pop up uniquely in that very bon iver melodic way. he makes his arrangement sounds so simple, yet filled with so many musical ideas. 

undoubtly less commercial that his bon iver album. I really suck at describing those things, after 4 listen now, im in love. as much as I love his 2 first albums, this album fits more my taste.

8 circle in particular is the best track of the year for me but the track 8-9-10 are just perfect.

very risky project, wont suit everyone I think. for me though, its a very intime album. a Bijou this year for me.

album leaked. 

track 8-9-10 are very special and it close the album on very touching way. but really the whole album is beautiful.

Even less guitar then bon iver album, lots of very slow tracks and lots electronica influence. he uses saxophone in the most beautiful way, use different arrangements of voices and samples that seem to pop up uniquely in that very bon iver melodic way. he makes his arrangement sounds so simple, yet filled with so many musical ideas. 

undoubtly less commercial that his bon iver album. I really suck at describing those things, after 4 listen now, im in love. as much as I love his 2 first albums, this album fits more my taste.

8 circle in particular is the best track of the year for me but the track 8-9-10 are just perfect.

very risky project, wont suit everyone I think. for me though, its a very intime album. a Bijou this year for me.

Gonna do my best to resist the leak and live bootlegs

Although I did hear the track he previewed at his fest last year (666?) and thought it was immense. But back then it was unclear whether there was a new album/if this new material would make it, so I allowed myself to become acquainted with that one

Excited to hear dis, can't wait to check out all the artwork too!

the big difference is he has a pleasant voice

I look forward to this, I like the direction he's taken. Wasn't hugely enamored with his past stuff but the guy is talented.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived