IGNORED

Core Alter - m-Realizable (3OP001)

Nil

a2527725179_10.jpg

Core Alter is Steve Baxter and Elliott Watson. m-Realizable was made swapping sysex files back and forth between Brisbane, Australia, and San Diego, USA, mastered from the raw edits of its creative sessions.

m-Realizable is sonically equally spacious and dense, disruptive and meditative, fiercely digital and organic all at once. Opaque yet open-ended in its unfolding narrative and how you’ll distill the music.

Rather than hyping each tune, we urge you to dive in, and to absorb it fully. You might pick a few possible influences while listening to m-Realizable, yet I’m positive you’ll quickly realize how personal, honest, deep and singular this 7 tracker is.

As a related note, this is the perfect release to kickstart 3OP : the label almost created itself before our eyes (Elliott’s, Steve’s and mine), and it was a spontaneous yet obvious decision to release a Core Alter opus first. Asking Andrew Bates to handle visuals was our next move as a collective. I’m delighted I get to master our catalogue.

Dream team work at play.

-Nil

This release is dedicated to the memory of our friend Salvatorin (Philip Josef Glowa).

Written and Performed by Steve Baxter and Elliott Watson
Mastered by Nil Hartman
Artwork by Andrew Bates

Limited archive edition, 20 copies :

0026060383_10.jpg

Preview / Megamix :
Edited by Nil
OUT NOW !
  • Like 8
  • Farnsworth 2

10 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

We toyed with calling this EP inf_recurse at one point ...

For any of those interested,  this release is all digitone like the last one but with multi tracking and with using a midi loop to gain control over the FX lanes.  We used the same method of exchanging the .syx files to collaborate and write 

Very impressive, true FM wizardry. Listened to it a second time in my car this morning and it's really, really good, fantastic first release for the label !

• Like 3

On 9/7/2021 at 10:47 AM, dcom said:

Was hoping someone would bother to convert that, heh.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:41 AM, d-a-m-o said:

Very impressive, true FM wizardry. Listened to it a second time in my car this morning and it's really, really good, fantastic first release for the label !

Massive thanks @d-a-m-o . We are proud to have this one as 3OP001, and are quite excited for what's coming soon!

• Like 4

By the way, if you grabbed the physical edition and had / have any issue downloading the release, please PM me. It happened to me a couple of times as a buyer, and it’s easy to solve on our end.

Besides, I’ll start shipping around Sept. 27th, I still have a thing or two to figure out to make the package as elegant as possible (a labor of love heh).

Anyway, thank YOU everyone for your support. I’ll add that we aim to give the biggest share of the revenues we can to the artists, so your purchase directly funds their creation.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

[SPAM]if you haven't already, do yourself a favor and check m-Realizable[/SPAM]

If you've ordered a physical copy, please note it's been shipped (I believe you guys have received a notification from Bandcamp). I can't wait for the copies to drop in your mailboxes, I'm super proud of the package. FYI, the USB flash drives contains the 24bit 48kHz files, straight out of the mastering session. I've double checked all the flash drives myself, if you enconter any issue with yours please PM me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeap it’s here! Classy look, classy materials! Well done!
Hard to say something new about this stellar release! The music is ultra modern but not sterile, quite emotional actually! Bravo guyz! ? 

Flawless mastering by Nil and Oscillik’s photography is beautiful as always!

0E3DAE14-4A8A-46BA-A01E-38956E97FAE0.jpeg

Edited by xox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2