IGNORED

your boards of canada collection

Guest nacmat

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loga (xn) = n loga x
i'm pretty sure it's the same version

I agree, I've played both together so many times on my technics mk5g trying, even straining to find any subtle differencess, but there is none.

Bit of a saddo thread... but i cant resist. :fear:

Releases:

CD & 12" - Hi Scores

7" - Aquarius

CD - Music Has The Right To Children

10" - Music Has The Right To Children (Promo)

12" - Peel Session

12" - In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country

CD - Geogaddi

12" - Geogaddi (Promo)

CD - Twoism

CD - The Campfire Headphase

Remixes:

12" - Demon 1

CD - Dirty Great Mable

10" - Pin Skeeling

CD - Prime Audio Soup

CD - So Soon

CD - Corymb

CD - Ten

Comps:

12" - MASK 200

12" - MASK 500

7" - Whine And Missingtoe

7" - Stuffing

CD - Skampler

7" - Psychogeographic X

CD - We Are Reasonable People

CD - Warp WIFOF2003 Mix

Guest glitch191

I have Twoism, Music Has The Right To Children and Geogaddi. I'll buy The Campfire Headphase soon. Got a newb question: what's the difference between a CD and a 7" or 12". Yeah I know it's vinyl, a big black disc. But I mean, that's old, isn't it? The sound must be cheap.

Got a newb question: what's the difference between a CD and a 7" or 12". Yeah I know it's vinyl, a big black disc. But I mean, that's old, isn't it? The sound must be cheap.

well, there have been huge watmm debates about whether the quality of vinyl or cd is higher; but suffice it to say that vinyl actually has more frequencies than a CD (i.e., it goes beyond the human range of hearing, up to 44khtz, which adds more texture/richness to the sound that we CAN hear, which is up to 22khtz, i think). overall, the qualities are roughly the same, though you have to spend a fair amount on a stereo/turntable to really get the best quality sound out of vinyl. i buy vinyl because it's awesome, though, just aesthetically, if nothing else; the resale value is very good, plus lots of good electronic albums are only released on vinyl

Hi Scores (CD5")

Hi Scores (12")

Aquarius (7")

Music Has The Right To Children (CD) x3 Warp Records, Skam and Matador

Music Has The Right To Children (2xLP)

Music Has The Right To Children (Promo) (10")

Peel Session (CD5")

Warp Peel Sessions Vol. 1 (CD)

In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country (CD5")

In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country (12")

Geogaddi (Promo) (12")

Geogaddi (CD) X3 Warp Records, Limited Edition book version and Japanese Version

Geogaddi (3xLP)

Twoism (LP) x2 ORIGINAL and repress

Twoism (CD)

The Campfire Headphase (2xLP)

The Campfire Headphase (CD) X2 Warp Record and Japanese Version

The Campfire Headphase (Promo) (CD)

We Are Reasonable People (Promo) (12") The clear one

MASK 100 (12")

MASK 200 (12")

MASK 500 (12")

Whine And Missingtoe (CD3")

Stuffing (7")

Warp 10+3 (2xCD)

DJ-Kicks: Kid Loco (CD)

Trax Sampler 088 (CD)

Psychogeographic X (7")

Pin Skeeling (2x10")

From Left To Right (12") Promo

Corymb (CD)

Dead Dogs Two (12")

Ten (Limited Edition) (2xCD)

Guero (CD+DVD)

Guerolito (2xLP)

Pretty poor... I only have Geogaddi and Peel Sessions.

a year and a half ago, all I had was Geogaddi :rolleyes:

oh yeah if anyone has any idea where to get a peel session 12" (cost not an issue) please let me know. :ok:

Guest boardsofdublin

oh yeah if anyone has any idea where to get a peel session 12" (cost not an issue) please let me know. :ok:

you can get that in your local hmv or record shop.

hmv have all the releases on 12"

you can get that in your local hmv or record shop.

hmv have all the releases on 12"

oh my word

:boc:

Guest glitch191

Got a newb question: what's the difference between a CD and a 7" or 12". Yeah I know it's vinyl, a big black disc. But I mean, that's old, isn't it? The sound must be cheap.

well, there have been huge watmm debates about whether the quality of vinyl or cd is higher; but suffice it to say that vinyl actually has more frequencies than a CD (i.e., it goes beyond the human range of hearing, up to 44khtz, which adds more texture/richness to the sound that we CAN hear, which is up to 22khtz, i think). overall, the qualities are roughly the same, though you have to spend a fair amount on a stereo/turntable to really get the best quality sound out of vinyl. i buy vinyl because it's awesome, though, just aesthetically, if nothing else; the resale value is very good, plus lots of good electronic albums are only released on vinyl

Ok thanks. But I have 2 another questions. Why people own both CD and Vinyl version? And what's the difference betweem 7", 10" and 12"?

Why people own both CD and Vinyl version?

as for why people own both versions; just to be collectors, i suppose. in my case, i've sold all of my CDs (the BoC stuff was too scratched to sell, is why I still have those CDs), and now i just buy vinyl. personally i don't get the idea of paying $300 for mask 100, when i could spend $300 on 30 records that i really want to own. i buy music to listen to it; i don't have money lying around to be a collector. frankly i find it all sort of silly; like to say "i have a complete BoC collection" is, to me, precisely equivalent to saying "i sat on ebay for two years and spent $2000"

And what's the difference betweem 7", 10" and 12"?

well, this is fairly intuitive ... these are sizes. a CD is 5" across (or sometimes 3"); vinyl comes in these three sizes, 7", 10", and 12". 7" records are always 45 rpm, and sometimes 78 rpm; then 10" and 12" records are usually 33 rpm, though some 12" singles will be 45 rpm (monolake and lcd soundsystem, for example, have a few 12"s at 45 rpm).

music has the right to children cd

music has the right to children 12"

in a beautiful place out in the country 12"

peel sessions 12"

geogaddi special edition cd

hi scores cd

twoism cd

the campfire headphase 12"

going to buy all their easily available vinyl when i get the money as boards are one of my faves, as in in my top 3

Guest glitch191

Why people own both CD and Vinyl version?

as for why people own both versions; just to be collectors, i suppose. in my case, i've sold all of my CDs (the BoC stuff was too scratched to sell, is why I still have those CDs), and now i just buy vinyl. personally i don't get the idea of paying $300 for mask 100, when i could spend $300 on 30 records that i really want to own. i buy music to listen to it; i don't have money lying around to be a collector. frankly i find it all sort of silly; like to say "i have a complete BoC collection" is, to me, precisely equivalent to saying "i sat on ebay for two years and spent $2000"

And what's the difference betweem 7", 10" and 12"?
well, this is fairly intuitive ... these are sizes. a CD is 5" across (or sometimes 3"); vinyl comes in these three sizes, 7", 10", and 12". 7" records are always 45 rpm, and sometimes 78 rpm; then 10" and 12" records are usually 33 rpm, though some 12" singles will be 45 rpm (monolake and lcd soundsystem, for example, have a few 12"s at 45 rpm).

Okay. Thank you very much! :ok:

7" records are always 45 rpm

not true, i have loads of 7" records that play at 33rpm...

you're probably thinking that cos 7" records used to be called 45's way back when they first came out... its not really true of the format these days though.

7" records are always 45 rpm

not true, i have loads of 7" records that play at 33rpm...

you're probably thinking that cos 7" records used to be called 45's way back when they first came out... its not really true of the format these days though.

yeah, i'm sure you're right

Guest glitch191

I bought The Campfire Headphase last friday. At the beginning, I didn't really enjoy that album, but after some listens I really like it!!! :ok:

Here's my updated collection list:

Twoism (CD)

Music Has The Right To Children (CD)

Geogaddi (CD)

(The Campfire Headphase) (CD)

I'd so like to get possession on BOC Maxima or another of their full-lenght album!!! :innocent:

• 3 weeks later...

Boards Of Canada geodaddi

Boards Of Canada geodaddi promo

Boards Of Canada hi scores

Boards Of Canada in a beautiful place out in the country

Boards Of Canada music has the right to children

Boards Of Canada peel session

Boards Of Canada the campfire headphase

Boards Of Canada twoism

Guest roygbiv

TCFHP - CD (with mini-poster and stickers)

Geogaddi - CD

BPOINTC - CD

MHTRTC - CD

Twoism -CD

Hi-Scores reissue - CD

Boc Maxima (bootleg CD)

& mp3's of every old tunes track, remix etc.

Archived