IGNORED

Shinichi Atobe - Love of Plastic

fairuzosman

1 hour ago, fairuzosman said:

Aaaaa what a news! Thnx!

i have on vinyl everything he ever released! What a talent! Everything seems so ‘simple’ and effortless but behind all those housey tracks is sucha powerful creative energy 

• Like 4

Only halfway thru but this one sounds a bit more nightclubby. The synths are a bit bendier, the filters are doing things vaguely approximating acid, there are bells that recall the mardi gras break. There's kind of a neon vibe to the production.

• Like 4

I've always liked Atobe but never gotten super deep into his work (mainly listened to Butterfly Effect and Heat).  Bought this on a whim the other night after hearing Love of Plastic 5 and finally listening to the full album this morning.  It does not disappoint at all.  Vibrant stuff that's going well with this crisp cool sunny morning here.  Just finished and about to start it again, which I rarely do.  

• Like 1

I have listened to almost everything he’s done, and I know he’s talented  but I’ve never seen the light. Still I shall look forward to listening to this asap. 

Edited by beerwolf

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there cool music fan! I rather unexpectedly really enjoyed this!  

Very nice indeed, and really it shouldn't be my thing at all. A round of applause for Shinichi please ?

Thank you ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

I might be very late to the party here, but I just discovered the title track on here is basically a remix of Plastic Love by Mariya Takeuchi.

• Like 3