IGNORED

Netflix has lost 2 million customers

cern

Too many trash-tv formats on Netflix lately, quantity over quality, more and more. Who in the hell watches that reality-tv shit anyway? The walking dead?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ignatius said:

isn't better call saul on AMC or FX or whatever? it's def on the torrents same day as the show. .or that's what i heard. 

Only the new season of Saul is on AMC/AMC+ the rest of the Breaking Bad universe including El Camino lives on Netflix for now, at least in the US.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:11 PM, thefxbip said:

The Forest of Love.

Did you watch the movie or the series. Tough one to sit trough though... Need to watch it again... 

On 4/23/2022 at 2:47 PM, prdctvsm said:

6yd3fphm4ru81.jpg

Ohhh, now I get it... Took me a while... ?‍♂️ 

• Like 1

We have kept our netflix going simply because it provides on demand childcare in the evenings whilst I am trying to get dinner ready.  It's worth it for that hour a day alone.

I have enjoyed a few of the recent series (Archive 81 was fine but they cancelled it, DARK was fantastic, Snowpiercer has been getting worse and worse east season and god know how that keeps getting renewed... I also find myself struggling to find interesting films when I do sit down with the plan to watch one)

So as soon as the kids run out of interest, I shall cancel it.   I could totally live without it, and since my income is still very patchy it would be a welcome bit of extra cash in the bank for other things. 

Edited by Soloman Tump

On 4/20/2022 at 5:54 AM, beerwolf said:

I’ll go back to them to finish Ozark and Better Call Saul but beyond that can’t see myself staying. Kind of done and dusted with all the good stuff on Netflix by now.

Same. They just don’t have anything good. 

On 4/22/2022 at 7:21 PM, cern said:

Netflix Reportedly Dropped $30 Million for Each Episode of ‘Stranger Things’ Season 4

SOURCE LINK COMPLEX

lol wtf but they know what pulls new subscribers into their service and they go all in. May 27 is also the day Disney + is starting with Obi Wan  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

watched that new "John Wayne Gacy Tapes" it's good if you're into that kinda thing. fucking brutal. what an asshole. 

Youtube has much more and higher quality of this kind of crime stories. 
There is even a serie called "What you didn't see on Netflix"

People seem to stay on Netflix for Better Call Saul and Stranger Things lol 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cern said:

Talking about "original" series from Netflix, I can't stop thinking about how biased or manipulated the actual information is, also distilled for the "general" consumer to enjoy, and above all, as the American® way goes, making it an spectacle instead of something to take seriously. But well, I'm more of a MUBI watcher, so don't take me personally.

And yeah, the only reason I still use my family Netflix account (I don't pay it) is because BCS and anime. One thing I noted is that all the cover images for the content is really bad, like if they chose the worst and out of context frame, instead of the original poster, but maybe that's some (American) trademark issue. 

Edited by logakght

17 minutes ago, cern said:

there's no one show that's kept me on there. i don't have too much trouble finding things to watch when i want. i don't think about it much really. it's the one streaming service i subscribe to.  at some point i'll probably bail on it but only if i'm able to focus more time on music and get absorbed into that process again. been a struggle for a while now. 

for the next month or two i'll be watching stanley cup playoffs (via streaming channels) and not much else... 

edit: i enjoy the foreign docs/films too. lot's of spanish language stuff. there's some interesting ones. also, things like Dark which i watched like 4 times all the way through w/various levels of attention. i think i edited an album's worth of tracks to it. but was well into it and binged it.. watched all of season 3 on day of release. those people have a new series coming soon too. 1899. should be interesting. same creators. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

I know many of you here gonna be so sad now..

The Netflix serie about Meghan Markle's fantastic fantasy world is now cancelled

"Ms Markle signed a $135 million deal with the streaming giant to voice the animated series and hoped to inspire young girls with “positive stories from around the world”.  The streaming provider has seen a mass drop-off in subscribers - leading to billions of dollars in losses and a slew of show cancellations."

• Sad 2

$135000000 well spent.

Netflix, if you're reading this, I've got an idea for a show you can cancel and I'll sell it to you for only a million dollars. It's an office/silicon valley/on the air hybrid comedy about a failing streaming service, management wasting money on luxury living, ai script writers, focus groups, over paid movie stars and pompous directors making garbage original series.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Big Brain 1

On 4/26/2022 at 8:01 PM, cern said:

got a paid youtube subscription which was really worth it. plus you get youtube music which has all vinyl rips that you can't find anywhere else. the audio quality is not the best but for finding obscure vinyl tracks its great

Edited by o00o
  • Like 2