IGNORED

Skee Mask -- ISS007/ ISS008

taffer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Totally forgot about B

I’m too synched into Spotify with new releases that if I don’t see it on Spotify then things pass me by. Though I’m sure this album didn’t get much press or attention. It appeared and then seemed to quickly disappear from sight. Anyway it’s on now and is a very nice treat for the ears ?

Edited by beerwolf

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 8:52 AM, species8472 said:

damn JPP263 is a tune 

Dude thank you for pointing this track out to me.

But oh my god, I want Skee Mask to finish this one. If it's this good as an unmastered sketch, imagine what it would be like if he really designed it out and brought those whipping synths wayyy more forward in the mix. It's a banger with the potential to be an all-timer.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:24 AM, beerwolf said:

Totally forgot about B

I’m too synched into Spotify with new releases that if I don’t see it on Spotify then things pass me by. Though I’m sure this album didn’t get much press or attention. It appeared and then seemed to quickly disappear from sight. Anyway it’s on now and is a very nice treat for the ears ?

I agree I feel like I'm always struggling to listen to Skee Mask, Stenny, Andrea, and others that don't have their music on Spotify. I love them but sometimes I just lazy man I'd love for Skee Mask tracks to show up in my playlists again.

• Like 1

cheers for the reminder s8472.

think I had seen something about this being released briefly at 5am the other day then forgot about it.

seems odd that Skee Mask gets very little conversation on watmm, whereas Burial gets whole threads dedicated to new EPs (which is absolutely fine) and yet only a handful of comments by a handful of watmm about Skee Mask. I don't do social media so my internet world view is based on watmm. Seems as though since Skee Mask left Spotify I hardly hear about him. 

Edited by beerwolf

16 hours ago, beerwolf said:

cheers for the reminder s8472.

think I had seen something about this being released briefly at 5am the other day then forgot about it.

seems odd that Skee Mask gets very little conversation on watmm, whereas Burial gets whole threads dedicated to new EPs (which is absolutely fine) and yet only a handful of comments by a handful of watmm about Skee Mask. I don't do social media so my internet world view is based on watmm. Seems as though since Skee Mask left Spotify I hardly hear about him. 

Skee Mask is pretty cool, I really love the Pool album. The new EP however does nothing for me...
I don't like Burial at all so I never understood the hype.

Originality and consequently the influence of burial (along with the level of emotion he brought into the scene) was reasons everybody talked about him so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...