IGNORED

Skee Mask -- ISS007/ ISS008

taffer

Surprised this has only 7 replies

Maybe all the so called Spotify haters are frauds (something I’ve been a little sneaky suspicious of tbh). And it’s time to resell your soul at the crossroads Mr Skee Mask (cackles!)

Edited by beerwolf

I look forward to it very much. Loved ISS005 and ISS006 a bunch, a bunch of my favourite things of Skee Mask are in his EPs

got around to these. both are excellent! enjoyed the ambient one quite a bit. lushed me out. and 008 is pure bangers and is top notch.

went back and listened to "pool" front to back while on a long drive the other day. its even better than i remembered.

Really enjoying the Skee Mask ambience. Hachures, Untitled 2014 and Space Drill Dub in particular. If you play both records back to back, when 008 kicks off it really blows your socks off.

Excellent work Mr Skee Mask.

Edit: the whole ambient album really is something special, I think it’s overtaken 008 as my favourite. 

Edited by beerwolf

Just in case it’s flown under your radar, as it did with me, Skee Mask released a compilation of outtakes via Bandcamp (as originally posted by species8472) for Ukraine. It’s really worth your time.

https://scntstlab.bandcamp.com/album/a

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wary of infiltrating threads too much and chattering like a parrot that wants attention. So apologies for applying overkill on this particular one. I did a search on watmm and didn't come up trumps with anything so gonna stick it in here, I wasn't aware that last year Skee Mask did a BBC Essential Mix. I've never really been a fan of DJ mixes, most I find kind of unforgettable (maybe I've listened to all the wrong ones!) which is me saying this is easy one of the best I've ever heard. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 7

This mix is also on his Soundcloud page, as is the rare TemeTape1 he did with Simo Cell, which I haven't heard yet. Also a 3 hour set @ Dekmantle with the Zenker Brothers. 

Edited by beerwolf

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been really discovering this guy only lately. Guess the expensive pressings on ilian tape made me hold back (though they are great quality). Exactly the kind of techno/jungle hybrid I'd been looking for!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...