IGNORED

Squarepusher @ Primavera 2022

phudoshin

i was so excited for Autechre that I completely forgot about this!!! wasnt sp on the previous lineup though i swear i remember him not being on this new one that will finally happen

oh nvm he's on the day after ae

Edited by X4creek
just checked

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, phudoshin said:

I'm ready - say hi/ola!

Old school DJ set?

Vic Acid Set?

New material?image.thumb.jpeg.7d4ca18d1063117b0efe362969bd2a2c.jpeg

Band?

Bruh

That was you in glasses?!! I was the one dancing next to you lovely Irish lads wearing an arthur russell shirt, think I told you about the oberlove chords during the intro 

Edited by fairuzosman

11 hours ago, fairuzosman said:

Bruh

That was you in glasses?!! I was the one dancing next to you lovely Irish lads wearing an arthur russell shirt, think I told you about the oberlove chords during the intro 

Hey man - yep.. lovely to meet you too, Good spot on the Overlove track.. I was all confused with that slow intro which was excellent.

what a set though - blistering! Could've gone on another hour easy - excellent niche-crowd vibes too with plenty of room.

what else you see?

My highlights were:

- autchre being more autechre than ever

- moshing to lightning bolt

- discovering Idles and how they're woke AF

- Richard Dawson loopiness

- NOT queueing for drinks but exiting festival to hotel across the road bar which was 1000 x faster

does what it says on the Timage.thumb.png.2c5d826306dec2e92ccf10f4edda8e7e.png

• Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, phudoshin said:

what else you see?

My highlights were:

- autchre being more autechre than ever

- moshing to lightning bolt

- discovering Idles and how they're woke AF

- Richard Dawson loopiness

- NOT queueing for drinks but exiting festival to hotel across the road bar which was 1000 x faster

Hahah I knew it! Danced so hard to squarepusher it had to be someone from this forum, had to check out and I was right!

Saw ae too, blown away as usual but I sat near the door and people kept coming in and out with flashlights from their phones, which killed the whole vibe. They should have limited entry after the show started, like most of ae shows I’ve been before. Otherwise it was a great set, sounded very NTS-y with bits of synth from SIGN/PLUS. The last 15 mins were mindblowingly good

Pavement were excellent. Caribou and Jamie xx were ok. Evian Christ was great. Ran into a Spanish band called Za! at the Ouigo and they blew my mind, what a find! 

Was at the Young Turks showcase at Laut watching Two Shell and somehow got introduced to a guy who happened to be Danny Harle’s booking agent and so went to red58 and got on the guest list lol

You’re right about the hotel. I stayed at sb diagonal which was just outside the fest and stocked up on ammunition in the room

Edited by fairuzosman
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, phudoshin said:

in-crowd recording from Android phone -  a backup to my zoom recorder that failed!

fucking crazy set

big goosembumps at 40min

Edited by thefxbip

I was there! didn't know there were some watmmers we could do a meeting next time. I headed to the festival with some friends but you know, they prefer to go to other "normal" bands and I was alone most of the time enjoying my favourite acts:

Mogwai, Autechre, Squarepusher, Napalm Death, Beck, Nick Cave, Gorillaz and Tame Impala are ok, Dinosaur Jr., holy f*ck Dj Shadow! and some more...

but yeah Tom just nailed it, one of the best concerts of the festival for me.

The best: the artists and their performances.

The worst: festival organization.

See ya,

Edited by Diurn

On 6/6/2022 at 5:53 PM, phudoshin said:

in-crowd recording from Android phone -  a backup to my zoom recorder that failed!

Wait why am I not seeing anything on my browser? On safari desktop and mobile versions 

I still listen to Tom's NTS set whenever I need a smol rave at home, how sick would recordings of these sets be.. :fear::wtf:  pusher pls

On 6/6/2022 at 5:53 PM, phudoshin said:

also could you post a direct download of the file here? hosted on wetransfer/mega/whatever? Downloading from Mixloud is another layer of compression innit

• Like 2