IGNORED

List your favourite Warp Records artists in order.

Alien Sugar

1) Autechre - i thought these guys were the future of music.

2)Boards of Canada - then.... these guys came along with all atop of the sanctus - that song caused me to see the ark

3) Plaid - reachy prints haha close but no apple? ?

4) Aphex Twin - Alberto Balsalm - wasn't it a shampoo? love the typewriter sounds and that chair being pushed across the floor! Genius! and that vordhosbn train vid. Boy did i want one of those bass stations. sold my impulse and kept the plugin accidentaly and realised i saved a prize got three monosynths. that i use frequently. good thing too i got two beats now :D

5) National Lampoons Vacation - his wife

6) Clark - Black Stones or something PINING! pt1 love the drums and melodies beautiful

7) Squarepusher - Iambic 5 Poetry - lush?

5) Black Dog - Shadehead - doon doon doon. very sexy

warp hear about 1987 summer fire?

jeez

? Don't ask about the mother 32. I won $160.00 to pay it off the day i ordered it. Doh! Why go to the moon when you can sing to the moon! Oh moon, we don't have a space program and were never going to go to you!

I don't know where it comes from, i just can. I was told to get in the garbage can by my 3rd grade teacher. And mom told me to cross your hands while sitting in class slick 50. Come to spappy. Smashing Pumpkins. Squarepusher. er pearl jam 2

Gonna go with my top 3 only, because it would be too long otherwise (all of my favorite artists are associated with Warp one way or another). Might be a bit of a controversial opinion but hey, sue me.

1) Future Brown. When they dropped their album (shame they only did one) back in the days, I was like WHAT ? This really was the future of music at the time. The cover art also reflects this, it was soooo ironic I loved it.

2) Jockstrap. The singing is just top-notch, never heard something quite like them before. Seems like they were too good for Warp anyway, because they released their first full length on another label... Too bad for us Warp fans.

3) Nice Nice. Yeah I know, only die-hard Warp fans will remember them... They just BLEW it on the Warp Records Sampler 2010 compilation. Warp had to put an unreleased FlyLo track after the Nice Nice one because of how good it was... But it just falls flat. They're THAT good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stock said:

Gonna go with my top 3 only, because it would be too long otherwise (all of my favorite artists are associated with Warp one way or another). Might be a bit of a controversial opinion but hey, sue me.

1) Future Brown. When they dropped their album (shame they only did one) back in the days, I was like WHAT ? This really was the future of music at the time. The cover art also reflects this, it was soooo ironic I loved it.

2) Jockstrap. The singing is just top-notch, never heard something quite like them before. Seems like they were too good for Warp anyway, because they released their first full length on another label... Too bad for us Warp fans.

3) Nice Nice. Yeah I know, only die-hard Warp fans will remember them... They just BLEW it on the Warp Records Sampler 2010 compilation. Warp had to put an unreleased FlyLo track after the Nice Nice one because of how good it was... But it just falls flat. They're THAT good.

beat me to it...

• Like 1

1. Maximo Park 

2. The Hundred in the Hands

3. Shobaleader One

Warp is my favourite band

15 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

2. The Hundred in the Hands

All irony aside, I think The Hundred in the Hands released one good song. But I guess it wasn't the direction they were going for on their LPs.

1 hour ago, Stock said:

All irony aside, I think The Hundred in the Hands released one good song. But I guess it wasn't the direction they were going for on their LPs.

for me it's the various remix of Dressed in Dresden

Jokes aside they're not bad imo just more into the electronic stuff on the label

20 hours ago, Stock said:

yeah I also really like how accessible they have become. No money in all this woo woo stuff they did all the years before

• Like 1

Before WARP, I was into that D&B stuff from XL Recordings. Before that, Acid House.

WARP changed everything.

1. LFO - because the hype at that time, on my side, was unreal
2. Ae - The future indeed began
3. RDJ - Well, he did that crazy shit. Loved to torture neighbors with Ventolin
4. []pusher
5. Sweet Exorcist

OK, time for Nostalgia ? ->

a) I had my credit card because of WARP. The only way to easily pay the good stuff
b) I annoyed them @Warp Sheffield via letters and fax, pure fanboyism like "guys, next LFO WHEN WHEN WHEN" - they didn't have real flow after Frequencies IMO. We Are Back was glorious.
c) Aww they sent those sweet "RDJ GRIN" masks - I lost them over the years
d) But I still have the RDJ calendar unopened.
e) I downloaded AFX Hangable Auto Bulb (that one song) 128kbps mp3 illegally in some internet shop, took only an hour or so. I WOZ KING
f) Basically it was a time of going into record shops and hunting for Purple Warp Records. Instantly buying those because it was WARP. Guaranteed to be good.
g) Hmm. Almost. Because Jimi Tenor WTF
h) Yo I'm 50
i) There was some aniversary show on MTV, "We are reasonable people" I think. My thoughts were "now the world sees whats decent". Also on Viva German music TV there was that RDJ fanboy. Forgot name. Good marketing.

j) Tricky Disco lol

PS: LFO - THESE GUYS are so underrated!!!11!!"""§$$

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Nil said:

RDJ / Ae / Broadcast / SP* / Kelela**

* even though I've yet to enjoy one of his record post Ultravisitor
** yep, absolutely.

Oh yeah, Kelela for sure.