IGNORED

Fred Again.. (the artist)

thumbass

On 5/3/2023 at 10:45 PM, cichlisuite said:

i skimmed through the yt links you provided, and my first impression is that he must be a very positive guy with a good sense for party vibezz, but music-wise it's like tik-tok music drop-the-bass-autotune cheesy piano emotions kind of guy, or maybe i'm just old and listen to drexciya too much idk

Yeah totally agreed- he is a pop artist with some experimental vibes but is probably going to end full pop like Jamie Lidell 

Edited by o00o

I don't understand the people that hate on someone just because they are mainstream. If you can't enjoy a good accessible banger every now and then I can't image what vibe you give off about your music opinions in real life. Some real "🤓☝" stuff. He isn't like some David guetta type rip off disgusting EDM artist. 

Edited by thumbass
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

I don't understand the people that hate on someone just because they are mainstream. If you can't enjoy a good accessible banger every now and then I can't image what vibe you give off about your music opinions in real life. Some real "🤓☝" stuff. He isn't like some David guetta type rip off disgusting EDM artist. 

not everyone can vibe with club bangers.. I'm honestly jealous of people being able to vibe with radio club banger music.. theres so much of it in my hometown and I stand there paralysed by its paint by numbers musical entropy. I do have my guilty pleasures like overmono but yeah. reptile brain pls take over, I wanna vibe with the normies :mu-ziq:

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

Im totally happy for you and that can vibe with it and like it! But for me this stuff is way too cringe and far away from banger for me.. 
This is music like when you putting on a normal radio station that is ment to be for ordinary people 

Cheesy autotune vocals, Piano, Euro disco-synth, Hand-hearts! Put your hands in the air! oh baby I love you I want to touch you, I miss you, I kiss you yadayada.. 

This just reminds me of all those cheesy late 90's track.. Cool if  If you dig this then you are gonna like this also but maybe it is little bit too hardcore for you: 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chronical said:

not everyone can vibe with club bangers.. I'm honestly jealous of people being able to vibe with radio club banger music.. theres so much of it in my hometown and I stand there paralysed by its paint by numbers musical entropy. I do have my guilty pleasures like overmono but yeah. reptile brain pls take over, I wanna vibe with the normies :mu-ziq:

37 minutes ago, cern said:

Im totally happy for you and that can vibe with it and like it! But for me this stuff is way too cringe and far away from banger for me.. 
This is music like when you putting on a normal radio station that is ment to be for ordinary people 

Cheesy autotune vocals, Piano, Euro disco-synth, Hand-hearts! Put your hands in the air! oh baby I love you I want to touch you, I miss you, I kiss you yadayada.. 

This just reminds me of all those cheesy late 90's track.. Cool if  If you dig this then you are gonna like this also but maybe it is little bit too hardcore for you: 

AH well I might have come across as a little bit too hostile in my last post. I personally don't really see all of Fred's music as mainstream radio stuff. He produces plenty of UK Garage tinted music and I have never heard UKG on the modern radio at all. He also only has one or two actual mainstream hits. Anyway, to each their own I guess, I would wish a reptile brain as good as mine on ayone lol.

52 minutes ago, cern said:

How much you reckon that guy made for just standing there hugging ?

• Haha 1

I can admit that I have a music brain and really hate it sometimes because "Mainstream" tracks played on radio and stores having this red thread 
of cheesy simple melodies played often and repeatedly then gets stuck in my brain!

Some people may love it and enjoying it but I just can.. like today I sat on a resturang and they play Eminem and that 8-mile track (Mums spaghetti, he looks calm and ready etc)
And the song just keeps repeating itself in my brain all the time. So annoying even if I hear it 100000 times already. 

Same folder like with this Fred guy 

I confess, I havent really paid attention to any of his club stuff, Im really taking about his album, which sits somewhere between Eno/Blake/Ian William Craig.

Edited by droid

5 hours ago, species8472 said:

alright - i'm gonna properly check this guy out

same. I got next week off and gonna spend a modicum of time to check this dude out to see what the fuss is all about. I can tell you that the Eno album is real floaty and nice (like the album cover) and his set at Glasto was absolutely spot on and he nailed it. That's all I know. I'm also gonna check out all the most played Spotify tracks on each release of recent obscure Aleksi Perala, which is another thing I'm rather intrigued with. 

1 hour ago, droid said:

I confess, I havent really paid attention to any of his club stuff, Im really taking about his album, which sits somewhere between Eno/Blake/Ian William Craig.

this made me strangely emotional, sits kind of inbetween the caretaker, the microphones and the soundtrack of eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.. granted im also kind of a mess this weekend reminiscing times with special people.. the singing could be a little less poppy but hey it made me smoke a really good cigarette with licorice tea out of the window to a storm brewing up outside so thats nice:)

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, species8472 said:

alright - i'm gonna properly check this guy out

BUMP!

Dunno why but all of a sudden this bloke Fred and this thread.... pinged into my head, so I'm just playing his 'top 10' on Spotify....

How did you get on species8472? I know you're a man of fairly impeccable taste. I've got half an hour before Australia vs Wales starts in Rugby and Fred is banging on the headphones.

Conclusion? Its really, really terrible. Quite shocking actually. Real pumping candy floss. Obvs the Eno album is the best thing he's done. Baby Again is a bit of a banger, but the rest? Naaaah, no thanks. Though in the name of fair play and sportsmanship, I'm aware that someone like this most played tracks might not nessesarily the best.....

Did you remember? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

burial for gym bros

Not gonna argue with that. Seemed pretty shocking on first impressions. On the basis of the tunes I played I'm surprised Eno even went within a mile of him, but aren't they family or something? But then he did produce Coldplay, so he's not adverse to making music with candy floss merchants.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...