IGNORED

Wisp's last.fm is being overtaken by shit zoomer pop artist using same artist name...

vertsk8er419

case and point: https://www.last.fm/music/Wisp

lets do Reid a solid and ratio these new artist photos...

pls dislike ?:

70fcfc542ad76f91d00cd33e50af1439.jpg#70f

and  

6261552cc89f917f10a6ba90a631c340.jpg#626

pls like ?:

d5f1153ca7b4ed1adebffa85117ccabd.jpg#d5f

and..

a656e0f758b754c8c81cd3b53b345330.jpg#a65

they are my new uploads that are being ratio'd by the 'shit zoomer artist'-s zoomer fans and i think they actually represent his music best. and if you feel so inclined just upvote all actually relevant Wisp artist images...

you'll have to have a last.fm account ofc. Thank you for your service.

If the other Wisp is more popular, I don't have a problem with the pictures of that one dominating the pictures on last.fm

Another Zephyr Nova released an album on Spotify and showing up with mine.

*How does someone else settle on the name Zephyr Nova by coincidence?

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

16 hours ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

I just saw a place in the artist portal where you can clear that up

Thanks for the info!  I hope it works.  Haven't had much luck ever getting through with Spotify.

• Like 1

there's maybe 10 or 11 different artists using 'ignatius' as a moniker. some people in india etc.. all over.  it's a nightmare. well, not really.. i mean.. who cares. i do the thing w/shitify where you can make a claim for them to separate the releases etc but it takes time and is annoying. 

i killed my soundcloud acct a while back. some dude kept trying to log into my account and reset the password etc because he had same username. so dumb. i shitcanned that mess into the abyss. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 7:36 PM, cern said:

Exactly.. Who even uses Last.fm? I don't even understand what to do there. ?

Back when I was working for Rovi (formerly Macrovision, before they rebranded; now they're apparently AllMedia*), for the last year they had an (unofficial) policy that we should just manually copy Last.fm data into our own database instead of actually doing real research, becuase it was the only good music recommendations and AI couldn't even come close. So we were backending out AI with human created last.fm stuff (the same way AI-driven recommendation still works, except now the whole "stealing human labor" part is fully automated now).  

*but I don't really know how that went down, because when I was there Rovi had bought out Allmusic and our company, and merged them into AllRovi, but the Wikipedia article has everything completely different than the way it was explained to us.  Regardless of the details, they're pretty awful companies (the one I was working for was OK before the buyout, other than massively underpaying everyone except the founders, just like any other startup).

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 10:18 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Another Zephyr Nova released an album on Spotify and showing up with mine.

*How does someone else settle on the name Zephyr Nova by coincidence?

Well isn’t that a coinkydink!