IGNORED

Rrose - Please Touch (Eaux)

Hi Guys

On 6/27/2023 at 6:29 PM, bronchuseven said:

I'm loving the alternating atmospheric/rhythmic track structure. Works really well as an album to be listened to in its entirety. 

Agree. Breaks up the intensity and also adds to it at the same time.

Spore is wildly intense. Love the first two tracks the best so far but gonna spend some time with this for sure. Some of it makes me wish for some new Stott but that’s a different convo…

Edited by jules
  • Like 2

I love this album, it's so tactile, feels like all these textures are rubbing up directly against my brain.

Spore reminds me of Autechre's Tankakern, with the springy reverb and dense paranoid sort of atmosphere.

• Like 1

First play. Very, very good. So far its been a super year for electronic music, well stuff that I've listened to anyway.

Edited by beerwolf

On 6/29/2023 at 6:29 AM, kichiguy said:

Feeding time has been snaking through my porous brain all week. Epic mood.

Epic track indeed. Reminds me a little of TH BOC, but also original in its own right. Nice work.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

There was only one album I was gonna hit first play on this Sunday. Could be album of the year territory…

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for posting this, Upset man. I had heard of Rrose before but never checked it out. This is incredible. On repeat since Sunday. Can you guess what I am listening to while typing this??

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I was just coming to bump this as well - what a gem of a record. The production itself is so full and perfect. Parts of it are borderline disorienting. Just an A+ listen from start to finish.

• Like 1

Sorry if this doesn't belong in a New & Upcoming Releases thread, but can anyone recommend something similar to this? This release is amazing. Album of the year so far.

Posting some stuff I find similar if anyone else is interested:

The entire Grey Area series is worth checking out im most ho.

Also, Karim Maas, and the Stone Tapes series in general.

None of these match the haziness of Please Touch.. Also, Rrose did a good job at keeping it easy with the heavy thumping, there are no massively deep kicks on Please Touch, which creates a special nebulous atmosphere where everything seems to whirl, but nothing ever falls. Please Touch never takes the obvious route.

• Like 2