IGNORED

Would You Pay to Access WATMM In Lieu of Advertisements?

Joyrex

Would You Pay to Access WATMM In Lieu of Advertisements?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Pay to Access WATMM In Lieu of Advertisements?

• Yes
    • No

Not fussed at all, I've been paying since I joined.

Edit: Just realised my Members Plus expired recently I thought it renewed by itself lol just renewed it now.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 5:05 PM, Key said:

I suppose its difficult to attract younger members cause social media has superceded the forum format. The general banter/community side of watmm is nowhere near what it was pre-facebook, and the aphex/autechre/boc subreddits have also stolen potential members. The reason I still watmm after all these years is because it aggregates a few different things together well: its got the new and upcoming releases forum which alerts me to a lot of smaller labels/bandcamp releases, the music production subforums, and the artist subforums that have the often wacky and entertaining deep dive discussions.

But everyone's leaving facebook and reddit is going down the drain. If watmm just sticks around long enough...

On 2/17/2024 at 12:23 AM, Joyrex said:

I actually heard recently there is a trend towards private communities and forums vs social media sites (Meta, X, Reddit, etc.) as the persistent mining of data and monetization of everything is turning people off... this is why I really held out as long as I could before putting ads on the site.

Yeah, I've noticed groups of people migrating from various public places to discord servers.. But on the other hand there's some newer forums (lines comes to mind) that seem to have no trouble at all attracting an active membership.

a really nice subscription perk would to have some of the more iconic ones of these: 

image.png.88076ea708a8a96e9adbe068cb2bd445.png

added here: 

image.png.e290d5231d6124d760adf929e56d60a3.png

Edited by o00o
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:48 PM, Joyrex said:

You can pay via card via PayPal - I don't think you need a PayPal account to do so (last I recall)

yea, i tried, but it still requires paypal login

On 2/15/2024 at 6:48 PM, ignatius said:

i think it's possible to do credit card payments thru paypal but there's some admin set up involved.  i can't remember though.

venmo might be a good option too.. 

it still requires paypal login. idk, somehow it seems there are numerous online pay intermediaries who just take fees and collect data. fuck that. my bank is more than enough for this. that's my philosophy, anyway. in my heart i'm a dinosaur

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 4:22 AM, o00o said:

a really nice subscription perk would to have some of the more iconic ones of these: 

image.png.88076ea708a8a96e9adbe068cb2bd445.png

added here: 

image.png.e290d5231d6124d760adf929e56d60a3.png

I think I looked into if we can control who gets what Reactions... I don't think we can.

8 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

yea, i tried, but it still requires paypal login

it still requires paypal login. idk, somehow it seems there are numerous online pay intermediaries who just take fees and collect data. fuck that. my bank is more than enough for this. that's my philosophy, anyway. in my heart i'm a dinosaur

Does your bank support money transfers (here in the States we have something called Zelle) for sending money person-to-person?

I would pay, no problem.

I would most likely come back more often.   As in come back at all.

Edited by essines
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

What about a discount for beards 🎅 

Or better, the opposite: the bigger the beard, the higher the fee. This place needs a little more diversity and inclusivity. All those whities with huge face beards. It’s like a giant sloth of 🐻 . Cannot be healthy 

Pbs Nature Bear GIF by Nature on PBS

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

10 hours ago, essines said:

I would pay, no problem.

I would most likely come back more often.   As in come back at all.

Didn't realize you nearly haven't posted in 10 years. Welcome back 

Not a fan of subs and obligations, but I guess we're well due to return a bit of cash for the sanctuary and timesink this dinosaur of a site turned out to be. Can I get a gold star and some fancy emojis? Really want to rub it in on the plebeians. 

Edited by chim

On 2/16/2024 at 6:48 AM, Joyrex said:

You can pay via card via PayPal - I don't think you need a PayPal account to do so (last I recall)

I tried... u need a PayPal account... and mine is blocked atm... I'm not using the same cellphone number so I can't get a verification message to unblock it...

edit: oh wait I actually can access PayPal as a guest... but since I already have an account it's not letting me do it...

edit 2: tried using a different random email but when u try to pay with it as a guest it will automatically create a PayPal account (create account and continue) with that email... and I'm not gonna do a 3rd PayPal account... soz...

Screenshot_20240303-200637.thumb.png.e1c0eabfc0b3fae14f74b0e865f94d7f.png

Edited by cruising for burgers

2 hours ago, iococoi said:

just buy some (useful)gift card worth 10$ in your local whatever-shop and send that code over to the rex. doneroo. 

Done! 

Gift_Cardcharity.png