IGNORED

tm1 open

mushroom

listened to it in the dark on speakers lying on the floor just now. the sound is just so damn spacious. like everythings going everywhere. idk. they're so good at that. really cool track

• Like 1

Yeah been enjoying the heck out of sign and plus, the sound is so good on speakers it's out of this world

Hope for a new album sooon

• Like 1

i feel like they have something automatic going on in The New System where the higher frequency a sound is the farther out it gets panned or something like that. maybe

• Like 1

For the people, like me, that don't know the track by just its name, here's the youtube. Didn't even know the album it was on. No idea how it sounded. (i do have the album though!)

Yeah, track makes more sense in utter darkness. Like in a live Ae set.

Only played Plus a few times. I must admit the last couple of years I haven't been playing Autechre much. That's happened before, so it's not something out of the ordinary. I'm the same with Radiohead and some other of my favourite artists. Sometimes a break is a good thing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

For the people, like me, that don't know the track by just its name, here's the youtube. Didn't even know the album it was on. No idea how it sounded. (i do have the album though!)

Yeah, track makes more sense in utter darkness. Like in a live Ae set.

reminds me i really need to dig into their latest live stuff. hell i havent even listened to more than one of the previous batch more than once, though tbh that wasnt really grabbing me at the time.

• Like 1

my 4-year-old daughter often ask me to play  TM1 open, wich  she calls  "the balls song"

Edited by neurone
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

On 7/22/2024 at 7:15 AM, Satans Little Helper said:

don't know the track by just its name

On 7/22/2024 at 7:15 AM, Satans Little Helper said:

Didn't even know the album it was on. No idea how it sounded. (i do have the album though!)

Read the rules

• Farnsworth 1

6 hours ago, neurone said:

my 4-year-old daughter often ask me to play  TM1 open, wich  she calls  "the balls song"

lol. apt name

One of their best album closers of all time... So vast- Yuop or freulaeux in scope with that simple focus reminiscent of a track like M62. It's like the tension of a bittersweet nostalgic thought- kind of battling between the two sides. Reminds me also of the feeling of being under moonlight in the middle of the woods after a snowstorm and seeing your breath - just kind of knowing you are human and alive... seeing thousands of stars... thoughts drifting off into eternity

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2024 at 2:12 AM, custom knob said:

Yeah the elegiac scrapy metal outro is the highlight of sign/plus

Echoing nod to Four of Seven’s elegaic outro

on another note, TM1 always reminds me of the beginning of this:

• Like 1

PLUS is interesting, I love just about every track but I don't revisit it that often.. I think it has something to do with the sequencing, the tracks maybe don't meld together as well to create a consistent vibe like they do on SIGN so while I might think to listen to ecol4 on a whim it's more rare that I think to put on the whole album.

This track is a classic though, no doubt. It's so playful. It has depth and beauty but it's also kinda goofy and I love that.