IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - NEW ALBUM IN 2007

Pitbulle

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morgan Dunn

"reinventing music"

could mean lots of things. maybe hes just going to write some new music program or burn really badass mix cd for just himself

Guest Idiron
just pulling your leg joyrex :rolleyes:

ah, a sig of the lsd doc

I :heart: acid girl

seriously one of the hottest girls ive seen, fucking sexy. ide still bone her today even though shed be about 84 with tits by her ankles.

i really hope Richard does a hip hop album someday. he could vocal on it, and maybe have his first guest vocals, Andre 3000? Rakim? Princess Superstar? Phillie-T? maybe a little Jin or EL-P? you know he could rewrite the book.

what? philly-t? mindstein in the flesh? fuck that.

if i ever got to rap on an aphex twin beat i swear i'd re-invent rap. shit, i'd do that on orangedust's beats too =P

AS FOR THEEE ALBUM

well, it depends if he wants cash or respect, really. occasionally, when we're very lucky, aphex twin sets out to remind the world why he's aphex fucking twin and you're not. see two remixes by afx in 2001, a preclude to drukqs.

sometimes he tries to make money. see the analord series.

i can't fault him on either, but hopefully he's as sick of this "breakcore" era of post-electronic music as the rest of us and seeks to school all of the newschool kids who goes "aphex twin? he's ok but he's no venetian snares" not having any idea THAT IN 1993 THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE BUT APHEX TWIN, so like, thats what im hoping for. i hope he's got the loft paid off for a year, i hope he's got the ceephax records being sold to low-standards morons, and i hope he's just bitter enough to cram it up the world's arse one more time.

and i don't want drukqs 2. i have no use for 10 piano tracks meant to legitimaze the artistry of the drilly tracks by showing he can play real instruments too. i want 2xCD of the madness, the actual musical genius, fuck i want 10xCD of it. i want people to stick him up and hold him hostage making tracks just for the shit of it.

so yeah, if he wants to make money it'll be nice "accessible" music like DEAR OLD CHAP TOM DID, or if he's bitter, and say your prayers kids, i think venetian snares is going to be pwned in ways that we'll still be listening to 50 years from now.

a man can dream, can't he?

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

eye found a pre view track from teh album on p2p m8s chk eet out

download it

this will be out in mar/apr 2007. gonna be like nothing you've ever heard before apparently.....

you appear to be talking absolute horsecock

lying to people on the internet is the new bling

Don't mean to shit on everyone's parade but that magazine doesn't seem like the strongest source at all...

there is definitely new Aphex coming out in Spring 2007. Trust me. Absolute latest will be May/June, but it's hopefully due for release in Mar/April as I have already said.

i think eveyone has realised it by this part of the thread

i know i said earlier that this is definitely happening (and i'm sure it is), but i was thinking last night that maybe it won't be by aphex twin at all. still by RDJ, but maybe a new alias.....maybe we won't even know that RDJ's released a new album until someone confirms that it's actually by rich......maybe it's already been released????

wow zing shabam !!!

you pulled a real believable whopper out there

your nose is massive now

it could be he brought nothing out under any alias and you were telling porkies all along

wait, so is this 100% confirmed?

no its not, its a vague regurgitation from a (i think) french music magazine that made a brief mention of a new aphex LP in 2007. Niether rephlex, aphex or warp have said a single thing about an upcoming Aphex release afaik.

and in response to what acid said the only time Richard james has popped his head in an internet msg board was the infamous Planet-mu board drunken analog vs VST plugins rant

as has already been mentioned many times in this thread - a warp records marketing executive said "aphex twin will be re-inventing music again in 2007"

that's the only official confirmation, but i have many unofficial ones...

are you richard james ?

Fergal Sharky

I'm sorry guys i just found out that the whole thing has been canceled, so no new aphex this year.

Apparently the music was so innovative and complex that it could not be properly recorded by any sort of means be it digital or analogue.

It ended up as just a shadow or the original compositions at every attempt of recording.

So he'll only release extended bits, and old recordings and doodles whenever he needs money for diapers.

Guest AlexPallas

i heard he broke his music bone and cant release anything this year, betcha wont prove me wrong richard!

Archived