IGNORED

Aphex Twin and UK digital television

Guest theflame...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sero_13
15 minute loop that went on the air for month... What kind of royalties did Richard get from that? Jebus!

I know you weren't being serious, but I'm pretty sure the BBC has an agreement with the musician's union that they can use any song royalty free. However, they have to pay to show artwork etc. I watch Charlie Brooker

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
i've always thought it be great to do a "multimedia" :sick: album where you merge image and sound into one cohesive whole. obviously there are music videos and other things like that... but this would be working on the music and the visuals at the same time - not after the fact. sort of an 'ambient' film would be nice i think. no big narratives or anything but just dreamy visuals that complement the image but still give 'room' for your own imagination... similar to 'koyaanisqatsi' but without the loose narrative that one has.

i thought this did that just fine!

someone i was talking to said he thought SAW I was like kids playing... I said I thought it was kinda urban sounding... they had both in the video! hell, maybe richard was involved with choosing the footage...

15 minute loop that went on the air for month... What kind of royalties did Richard get from that? Jebus!

I know you weren't being serious, but I'm pretty sure the BBC has an agreement with the musician's union that they can use any song royalty free. However, they have to pay to show artwork etc. I watch Charlie Brooker

that's kinda cool in a way. too bad he doesn't get any money, but really cool the BBC can just use what works without having to worry!

super perfect, the kind of stuff that some random kid would have randomly seen on tv and been inspired by. too nice.

remember, this is 9 years old now.

but super nice never the less.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a piece of televisual history.

The UK launched terrestrial digital standard definition television before any other country. ONDigital began transmission on 15 Nov 1998.

This 15-minute film was looped continuously for months as the service creaked into action.

That was awesome. I loved the footage, especially during Rhubarb. I wonder if by chance anyone has a high quality MPEG2 version of this historic video from their DVR or something?

I wish the guy who uploaded it to google.co.uk left an e-mail address.

Archived