IGNORED

Analord - Almost 2 Years later

sneaksta303

When my first Analord came in the mail, I listened. I'll admit (PAINFULLY) that upon my first listen, I was a bit put off. I had an idea of what to expect (all analog or at least emulated analog), but I was in denial until I heard it. I think I wanted an analog Drukqs or something. But then something happened. Some switch in my damaged brain got flipped, and it all made sense to me. Not only that, but it forced me to go back to my acid roots (I AM from chicago and all) that I had been neglecting since discovering more complex shit in the mid 90's. The Analords reopened a door within the musical hallways of my mind, first inspiring me to aquire the old acid classics that got me into electronica in '92 (i think) AND newer artists, like Ceephax and what not. Now don't get me wrong, I've always had a soft spot for quality analog shit, but hadn't really been motivated to listen to it for years. Analord reawakened me and I thank RDJ for doing that for me. Ok I'm leaving myself open to ridicule and I'm sure a lot of folks are gunna call me gay for making this thread but it has been on my mind lately and what better place to vent about that shit but WATMM? To everyone - PEACE - :aphexsign:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do you suck dicks? are you a peter puffer?

I am a professed pussy eating master thank you. I have also expelled enough semen from my penis to know what it looks like. Jeeze dude, don't take it personally. I can't help where my dirty mind goes, ya know? :rdjgrin:

lol pwn omg bbq

yeah your avatar looks like you busted a nut on the cover of ultravisitor

Thank you. At least it just isn't me.

AT ANY RATE, when I started this thread, I was being 100% serious. Analord reawakened my ears for the better, and was honestly wondering if it had the same effect on others.

i share your passion for the lord, but sadly ive probably looked at my full analord binder more often than ive listened to it this past year. its due a second wave of listening some time this year, that's for sure.

spring time perhaps...through its second anniversary.

Guest jacderida

I think the whole series is amazing and it really grows on me the more I listen to it. In particular I must have listened to A1 on Analord 8 well over 150 times in the past year.

I have all the records but not the binder, and I'm really regretting not buying it when it was first available.

I've got an interview for a new job at the end of the month, and if I get it, with my first pay cheque I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the 200 odd quid that you need to to get a copy these days .

My first impressions when the came out were usually good but I wanted something more complex and I remember waiting for the series to be over ASAP. But then it definatly grew on me about a few months later, there are some complete analog gems on some of the vinyls. I think some of the ones like 11 I didn't listen to as much when they come out and now I realise how good they really are.

all that made sense..,. but then i saw your last played list...

Understandable, but I listen to quite varied muisc sometimes. I just found that ICP album again - I lost the CD years ago in my room and it's never been found again =\

ive never understand why everyone jacks off over aphex twin so much, maybe ive not been into the electronic music scene long enough to appreciate his stunning originality or wahtever, but most of his tunes to me are listenable but boring, and whumped everywhere by clark autechre and squarepusher

Archived