IGNORED

Analord - Almost 2 Years later

sneaksta303

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know its such an obvious masterpiece!!!

i listen to analord (full & heavy binder!!) all the time, its probably his best one so far ; what is brillant in it, is that it is an endless listening / while most of the long records/box are average, here we have 44 awesome analogue trx, not just a EP or an album, i mean every analord has its anthem/climax //// & me too, i must have played that A8 a1 every day, same with lisbon acid, crying on yr face etc..... (7\)....

i would be interested in an "arpalord" (or something) box by g.donald (he produces a lot of wicked music every year)

Guest jacderida
i'm sure if it would be anyone else who would have done analord, everyone here would have said it sucked.

bullshit, and a pretty stupid thing to say, nobody else would have made it in quite the same way because the whole series has a pretty unique aphex signature on it.

i'm sure if it would be anyone else who would have done analord, everyone here would have said it sucked.

Ouch... Not true at all, and I will defend that to my dying day. If anyone beside AFX released Analord, I would just have a new favorite artist on my top 10 list is all.

ive never understand why everyone jacks off over aphex twin so much, maybe ive not been into the electronic music scene long enough to appreciate his stunning originality or wahtever, but most of his tunes to me are listenable but boring, and whumped everywhere by clark autechre and squarepusher

Clark.... LOL ok thats not even serious is it? Please, some pasty faced newbie who just regurgitates the scene back at itself, not even worth a mention.

The other two are legitimate, and at times I bounce back and forth between the old pusher and Aphex. but really, he gets the reverence, because of the range (compare and constrast SAW2 with like uhh, Mangle 11 or CTD or something, it's almost completely different.) Even pusher is basically always jazz -- just either fast distorted jazz, slow distorted jazz, slow clean jazz, or just a jazzy beard wearin' mofo. Also because he did it so long ago.. I mean Digeridoo came out on R&S in the fuckin' 80's didn't it? He's constantly at the forefront of whatever the latest craze in bedroom music making is. Perhaps he was inevitable, in that his roll would have always been filled by someone, anyone who would take his place at the time that he did, but, it's him. He's the one that started this whole craze and revolution in the casual, offbeat, experimental, bedroom listening electronic world.

Also, I absolutely agree that nobody would have cared about Analord if it hadn't come from Rich, or at least someone of his caliber (Tommy J, Autechre something like that). Basically because it wouldn't have been rreleased, or released widely anyhow. Also, because if it hadn't been Richard and he had done like some drum and bass thing or some new ambient thing or whatever, the push for that would have been massive, and we'd all be gravitating toward it. It's just the truth and sure it makes us all sound like sheep but hey, we can't all be musicians right? Thats why people are different.

i dont know its such an obvious masterpiece!!!

i listen to analord (full & heavy binder!!) all the time, its probably his best one so far ; what is brillant in it, is that it is an endless listening / while most of the long records/box are average, here we have 44 awesome analogue trx, not just a EP or an album, i mean every analord has its anthem/climax //// & me too, i must have played that A8 a1 every day, same with lisbon acid, crying on yr face etc..... (7\)....

i would be interested in an "arpalord" (or something) box by g.donald (he produces a lot of wicked music every year)

what does that bit i've bolded mean?

agreed gerald is the don - easily my favourite producer right now (along with afx)

naaa, not the 2000 copies edition but the fact that this musicbox is extremely long (3hr) & extremely good (3hr of wiked trx) @thesame time (the astrobotnia series is long too btw), sorry if this shit is unclear

analord binder: extreme quantity (its long) + extreme quality (its fucking great)

i think its rare

yup! only 2000 copies!

naaa, not the 2000 copies edition but the fact that this musicbox is extremely long (3hr) & extremely good (3hr of wiked trx) @thesame time (the astrobotnia series is long too btw), sorry if this shit is unclear

yup! ok, but u wrote i think its rare, then i answer u yup! only 2000 copies!... i understood it was the blinder...

I took some acid back in November and played every song in the background of our trip, I then decided its a good album and that with enough graviton alignment our consciousness could break through our D plane into another alien universe, however we'd have to learn math all over again to return back to nothiness.

the Analords serie, 4 me, is 4 the life!!! i love them! as i love Drukqs! but 4 the compilation Chosen Lords, i found that aphex twin might do better than this... only 10 tracks!! with this shit : batine acid how could he choose this track 4 this compilation? and why this track? bcause when i listened all Analords, there r tracks better than some in this compilation... :whistling: i hope he'll released Chosen Lords II & Chosen Lords III :tongue2:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

what did i write? me?

Guest tv_party

Not really into the analords with an exception or two.

Can't really expect somebody to redefine electronic music twice I suppose.

ive never understand why everyone jacks off over aphex twin so much, maybe ive not been into the electronic music scene long enough to appreciate his stunning originality or wahtever, but most of his tunes to me are listenable but boring, and whumped everywhere by clark autechre and squarepusher

Clark.... LOL ok thats not even serious is it? Please, some pasty faced newbie who just regurgitates the scene back at itself, not even worth a mention.

The other two are legitimate, and at times I bounce back and forth between the old pusher and Aphex. but really, he gets the reverence, because of the range (compare and constrast SAW2 with like uhh, Mangle 11 or CTD or something, it's almost completely different.) Even pusher is basically always jazz -- just either fast distorted jazz, slow distorted jazz, slow clean jazz, or just a jazzy beard wearin' mofo. Also because he did it so long ago.. I mean Digeridoo came out on R&S in the fuckin' 80's didn't it? He's constantly at the forefront of whatever the latest craze in bedroom music making is. Perhaps he was inevitable, in that his roll would have always been filled by someone, anyone who would take his place at the time that he did, but, it's him. He's the one that started this whole craze and revolution in the casual, offbeat, experimental, bedroom listening electronic world.

its probably/definetely because i only discovered ultravistor like this time exactly a year ago, whereas you lot have been listening to it since it started arriving 12 odd years ago, but to my ears (ignoring release dates basically) clark sounds a shitload more inventive to me than the aphex twin ive heard (ie analords, SAW2, classics, 26 mixes for cash, druqks, and richard.d.james album)

Guest Adjective

analord is mostly boring to me, i use it as background music when i'm working on something and my attention is elsewhere. i bought the binder and had planned on buying the whole series based on analord 10 but... i think he put his best foot forward and then dragged the other. i stopped after the fourth one i think and just pirated the rest. i'm too poor to just collect music.

there are some i enjoy though:

where's your girlfriend

laricheard

crying in your face

home made polysynth

halibut acid

cilonen

i'm self employed

PWsteal.ldpinch.D

Backdoor.Berbew.Q

W32.Deadcode.A

fenixfunk 5

xmd5a

W32.mydoom.au@mm

i do regret spending so much for the binder now that i know how the series turned out, but having downloaded most of his commercially released stuff i guess it's not so bad that he got some of my money.

hangable autobulb, rdj album, drukqs are more what i want to listen to or i should say pay attention to

analord i'll keep in the background for when i'm playing Jenga or Sudoku or Jenga: Sudoku edition

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
When my first Analord came in the mail, I listened. I'll admit (PAINFULLY) that upon my first listen, I was a bit put off. I had an idea of what to expect (all analog or at least emulated analog), but I was in denial until I heard it. I think I wanted an analog Drukqs or something. But then something happened. Some switch in my damaged brain got flipped, and it all made sense to me. Not only that, but it forced me to go back to my acid roots (I AM from chicago and all) that I had been neglecting since discovering more complex shit in the mid 90's. The Analords reopened a door within the musical hallways of my mind, first inspiring me to aquire the old acid classics that got me into electronica in '92 (i think) AND newer artists, like Ceephax and what not. Now don't get me wrong, I've always had a soft spot for quality analog shit, but hadn't really been motivated to listen to it for years. Analord reawakened me and I thank RDJ for doing that for me. Ok I'm leaving myself open to ridicule and I'm sure a lot of folks are gunna call me gay for making this thread but it has been on my mind lately and what better place to vent about that shit but WATMM? To everyone - PEACE - :aphexsign:

yeah, it definitely grew on me over time. did it change my life? i find that hard to answer. of course it did, my life would have been different if i'd elected to listen to ladytron, or, say, nothing at all. in terms of pointing me in a new direction... i guess it influenced my songwriting a bit, but that's all i'm consciously aware of! maybe pwsteal.bancos.q got installed in my brain without my knowledge.

edit addendum: those of you that stare at your binders, get some mp3s. helps with that.

Riced Out Yugo Cakes.

watcakes!!

• 2 months later...
its probably/definetely because i only discovered ultravistor like this time exactly a year ago, whereas you lot have been listening to it since it started arriving 12 odd years ago, but to my ears (ignoring release dates basically) clark sounds a shitload more inventive to me than the aphex twin ive heard (ie analords, SAW2, classics, 26 mixes for cash, druqks, and richard.d.james album)

i think you really need to consider the historical/cultural context of any work of art to fully appreciate it's impact .

in this instance ie. aphex vs. clark , you need to look at what else has already been done/heard before / available technology etc. when these artists individual records were made / released

i love CHRIs clark's music but ultimately he is derivative of aphex to some extent. some of his tracks sound so much like afx remixed it scares me. I have seen very clear similarities between autechre's output and richard james' output over the years too , particularly throughout the 2nd half of the last decade (at least in terms of timbre)

as for the twin - everything he has released (well maybe 90% of everything he has released) has had a clearly noticable impact, i believe, not only on the music that would follow it, but on the actual technology that has been produced to make that music with.

dont get me wrong and assume that, like so many people on this board, i think richard james invented everything

because that is very far from the truth and i can clearly see the lineage of electronic musics for as long as i have been listening to them (25 years). However in all this time i dont believe any other artist has had such an effect on what came after him, or had such an enjoyable distinct and continuous idiosyncracy running throughout his entire discography

Archived