IGNORED

26 Mixes for Cash

Guest Caustic

Guest Caustic

After a bit of Discogs searching, I've compiled a list of when the remixes were originally released.

Over 10 years old and this stuff still sounds fresh.

Time to Find Me (AFX Fast Mix) - 1993

Raising the Titanic (Big Drum Mix) - 1995

Journey (Aphex Twin Care Mix) - 1995

Triachus - (Aphex Twin Mix) - 1996

Heroes Symphony (Aphex Twin Remix) - 1997

In The Glitter Part 2 (Aphex Mix) - 1994

Zeros and Ones (Aphex Reconstruction Mix) - 1993

Ziggy (Aphex Twin Mix #1) - 1996

Your Head My Voice (Voix Revirement) - 1993

Change (Aphex Twin Mix #2) - 1996

Une Femme N'est Pas (Aphex Twin Mix) - 1994

Beauty of Being Numb B (Created by Aphex Twin) - 1995

Let My Fish Loose (Aphex Twin Remix) - 1996

Krieger (Aphex Twin Baldhu Mix) - 1996

Deep in Velvet (Aphex Twin Turnips Mix) - 1995

Falling Free (Aphex Twin Remix) - 1993

We Have Arrived (Aphex QQT Mix) - 1992

At The Heart of it All (Created by Aphex Twin) - 1995

Flow Coma,Remix by AFX - 2002?

Windowlicker (Acid Edit) - Unreleased, est. 1999

Normal (Helston Flora Remix) - 1998

SAW2 CD1 TRK2 (Original Mix) - Unreleased, est. 90-94?

Mindstream (Aphex Twin Remix) - 1992

You Can't Hide Your Love (Hidden Love Mix) - 1997

Spotlight (Aphex Twin Mix) - 1995

Debase (Soft Palate) - 1996

Discuss.

Guest Renivatio
waitaminit...weren't the release dates in the liner notes?

i dont actually own it so...if anyone wants to check.

oh never mind then. i assumed you owned it...because in the liner notes it says the year in which they were released, label, artist, etc.

Guest Caustic
oh never mind then. i assumed you owned it...because in the liner notes it says the year in which they were released, label, artist, etc.

After a bit of Discogs searching

Guest Helper ET

i don't get it. how were they released before 26 mixes came out. i can understand that they were done in the 90's, but what is meant by released, in this case?

Ah, when you said you were doing this Caustic I did forget that I do have the CD. Mind you I didn't notice this I swear. Some of that stuff is surprising, others not. I'd say I always thought all of it was post 2000. I swear Aphex has a habbit of being about 10 years ahead of everyone in terms of technology.

After a bit of Discogs searching, I've compiled a list of when the remixes were originally released.

Over 10 years old and this stuff still sounds fresh.

Time to Find Me (AFX Fast Mix) - 1993

Raising the Titanic (Big Drum Mix) - 1994

Journey (Aphex Twin Care Mix) - 1995

Triachus - (Aphex Twin Mix) - 1998

Heroes Symphony (Aphex Twin Remix) - 1996

In The Glitter Part 2 (Aphex Mix) - 1994

Zeros and Ones (Aphex Reconstruction Mix) - 1993

Ziggy (Aphex Twin Mix #1) - 1994

Your Head My Voice (Voix Revirement) - 1993

Change (Aphex Twin Mix #2) - 1994

Une Femme N'est Pas (Aphex Twin Mix) - 1994

Beauty of Being Numb B (Created by Aphex Twin) - 1995

Let My Fish Loose (Aphex Twin Remix) - 1995

Krieger (Aphex Twin Baldhu Mix) - 1996

Deep in Velvet (Aphex Twin Turnips Mix) - 1995

Falling Free (Aphex Twin Remix) - 1992

We Have Arrived (Aphex QQT Mix) - 1990

At The Heart of it All (Created by Aphex Twin) - 1995

Flow Coma,Remix by AFX - 2001 (from 2 remixes by afx)

Windowlicker (Acid Edit) - Unreleased, 2003

Normal (Helston Flora Remix) - 1998

SAW2 CD1 TRK2 (Original Mix) - Unreleased, 2003 with add of measure (6:30) 'cause from Peel Sessions of 10 April 1995 the lenght is less 10'' (6:20)

Mindstream (Aphex Twin Remix) - 1993

You Can't Hide Your Love (Hidden Love Mix) - 1997

Spotlight (Aphex Twin Mix) - 1995

Debase (Soft Palate) - 1996

Discuss.

they r indicated in the booklet of 26 mixes 4 cash!!! & yes, they all exist in discogs with their real date as it indicated in the booklet... just the right versions but some r edit version... & i know that there r some releases in many production, label, promotion, or whatever... but the real tracks in this compilation came from the releases which indicated in this booklet... & i'm sorry if they r not in good quality... but u must have it, i think...

i don't get it. how were they released before 26 mixes came out. i can understand that they were done in the 90's, but what is meant by released, in this case?

i dont get it. how can you not understand the simple concept of a compilation of old remixes that were (nearly all) released previously?

I didn't know the release dates weren't in the liner notes. Good work!

"You Can't Hide Your Love (Hidden Love Mix) - 1997" is by far the best of the bunch... in my opinion.

i agree. though it's still not very good in its own right, and neither is anything else on the album. in my opinion, of course.

"You Can't Hide Your Love (Hidden Love Mix) - 1997" is by far the best of the bunch... in my opinion.

i agree. though it's still not very good in its own right, and neither is anything else on the album. in my opinion, of course.

what is "very good", in your opinion, of course?

yeah, no shit!

Guest Helper ET

i dont get it. how can you not understand the simple concept of a compilation of old remixes that were (nearly all) released previously?

so i see what's going on here. i guess i'm unaware of the fact that these were all released before 26 mixes came out. well then, how did these releases come out before then? this is crazy, i knew 26 mixes were old remixes, but i didn't know they had all been released before....

ZONKERS!

like, better than just good. but thats just my opinion, of course.

edit:

also if you are giving me shit for the "my opinion" part, realize you are damaging my fragile ego. i just added it because i realized that it sounded like i was saying it was unequivocally bad, and i hate when people do that shit. because everyone has like their own opinion, of course.

Guest texan whip

i always thought that one track (the flow coma one?) sounded way more polished, less analogue, over produced and out of place compared to the other 1990's tracks. not to mention it was a bit shit. cant understand why he put it in there. other than that it was a solid release.

i always thought that one track (the flow coma one?) sounded way more polished, less analogue, over produced and out of place compared to the other 1990's tracks. not to mention it was a bit shit. cant understand why he put it in there. other than that it was a solid release.

ouch. TO ME, that one's a killer.

Archived