IGNORED

A motion for a new Aphex Twin Subforum rule...

Guest Helper ET

Guest Helper ET

In light of people completely ruining some AFX songs for me, by simply stating a colour or concept that they associate a song with, I propose Joyrex enforce a new rule in the AFX subforum, which states that any user, who wishes to write about a colour or image that they commonly associate an AFX song with, that it be placed in a spoiler tag, with a warning placed above. I realize it seems quite lame to wish another rule on a community so flourished (lol), but I've lost count of the number of times some guy describes his perspective of an AFX song with a visual aid or colour, consequentially forever ruining my emotional attachment to the song, and frankly I'm fucking sick of it. I'd simply like to be able to discuss music with my fellow AFX fans, without worrying that their opinion may destroy the way I hear the music forever.

Where do you stand? How do you vote?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Helper ET
PITCARD

you son of a bitch I hate you...I can't believe you even remember that...

besides, i can't listen to 947253 anymore because of this forum.

so we're even.

why not? nobody said anything too wild...

what the fucking hell are you on about ET?

I'll tell you what I'm on about. People calling Pitcard green. People talking about whatever the hell they are talking about inside the "What pictures you see when you hear the music of Aphex Twin" thread. I like AFX for his music, not the visual images people like to associate with his songs. Take Dale's signature for instance. Something to the tune of...every time I listen to Cornish Acid I think of midgets speed walking". Fuck. I don't care how funny that is, because I like hearing the song in it's most pure form possible, more than I like thinking about a funny/fucking weird thought while I hear the music. Also Caustic called Pitcard green once, and now every time I hear Pitcard it's all green, and green's cool and all, but I don't like outside influence when it comes to creating images with music.

Someone might say something like "get out of the fire if you can't take the heat" or whatever, but what happened to the good old days when we could talk about how amazing the Vordhosbn beats are, without describing their shape?

i can see where you're coming from even though it's a bit daft, but if we had this rule then whats to stop a restriction on every thing that doesn't relate to the music?

i think you're taking things a bit too seriously mate

what would Jeremy say?

Guest Helper ET
whats to stop a restriction on every thing that doesn't relate to the music?

the rule would only restrict visual association without a spoiler...not a big deal

frankly I'm surprised nobody else has this problem, I guess that makes me weird...

<----------the infamous Jeremy 'moral highground' Kyle.

i honestly can't see why someone elses visual interpretation of a track should be worth anything, seriously dude....whats the big deal?

Guest Helper ET

no caustic it's not. but I'm very flattered. you have been a notable contributor to my issues, but not the root of the problem. To sum up my point before I go to bed....

When someone calls a song green or relates a certain scene with a song, my mind can't help but bounce back and forth between the music and the image at hand, while I'm listening to the song. This bouncing is like 220 BPM, and so the less visual stimuli I have for a song, the more I am able to enter the song. If someone compared one of my favorite AFX songs to a completely disturbing shock image, I might be unable to think of anything other than that image, everytime I listen to that song. I might be a weirdo, but how the hell else do you people function?

Guest Caustic
I get a disturbing shock image everytime I think of what.cd :(

they fixed that. someone hacked them.

they have a nice new Pine wood layout now.

im sick of your fucking avatar

8a37oqq.jpg

Jabroni

Take Dale's signature for instance. Something to the tune of...every time I listen to Cornish Acid I think of midgets speed walking". Fuck. I don't care how funny that is

I can see where you're coming from there. No I don't believe it is strange to think that way. When I listen to Cornish Acid, that is not what I see.. in fact when i listen to his stuff, I'm not like most people here who can see images/lucid dream and all that bullshit. I nabbed that sig as it made me laugh at the time, I think it was Jimbob I pinched it off and added as a sig.

I see nothing, I just hear the music, and appreciate it. I don't believe (for me personally) seeing these threads about what pictures/colours you see when you hear a certain track ruins the listening experience.. I suppose I am not as easily influenced in that way. But I have got to say, the amount of bullshit on this forum about lucid dreaming is phenomenal

Archived