IGNORED

A motion for a new Aphex Twin Subforum rule...

Guest Helper ET

I can see your point, it's the same with me with music video's, they spoil your own imagination to the song because they do the imaginating for you. Especially if you first heard the music and then later see a music video that's destroying your own interpretation and you lose it. That's why I can't stand remixes or remastered versions of good music.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
every time i listen to any aphex track i see a massive warty barbed penis smashing your mothers face in to a vivid bloody pulp, ET

Nice one, let's see if 'E T' sees that image anytime he listens to a track now!

'E T' I know what you mean, but it does seem pointless to make that a rule.

I think it is mind over matter. I've experienced what you describe, sometimes with user descriptions or music videos, but after a listen or two I go back to just hearing the music without those outside influences. I rarely see visuals when listening to music, maybe if my eyes are closed... or if I'm hallucinating

Suggestion is merely suggestion. Unless something traumatic happened while listening to a track, like nailing a inch wide barb through your cock when listening to Icct Hedral while the blood spews everywhere when you try to pull it out, only succeeding in mangling your raw appendage further as you segway into Ventolin, you shouldn't see said track any differently.

Maybe you're just challenged ET.

Guest organizedconfusedproject

just a conceptual mix between the two pics of both sides of the analord 4. But i've a story about my grandmother arround the subject...

And i still see my old avatar.

I'm looking at the eye pics of the analod 4 right now... what he fuck is the one on B-side ?

I think i must launch a topic about that .

I'm looking at the eye pics of the analod 4 right now... what he fuck is the one on B-side ?

Guest Helper ET
Frankly, that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. (in relation to the topic starter's proposal.

Weren't you going to leave?

I've said no such thing...

Who's frankly ?

hmmmm, don't seem to be there, so i'll speak for him

and sorry for so many bugs, but

I don't think ET's idea is a good thing to do. First because it's a bit...specific. And second because i think it's only ET's problem. Don't be so shakeable dude.

I've said no such thing...

And dare to say your mind.

Guest hahathhat

ET - let me try to fix your problem

you are trying too hard. when you listen to a good track, you should not even be aware something called watmm exists. you should not let your memories impose on the audio and dictate how it is interpreted. you should not be interpreting at all, in fact. don't think; just listen.

which, of course, is in the realm of meditation.

koan time: young ET, the answer is for you to listen to pitcard until you are satisfied with its colour.

ET - let me try to fix your problem

you are trying too hard. when you listen to a good track, you should not even be aware something called watmm exists. you should not let your memories impose on the audio and dictate how it is interpreted. you should not be interpreting at all, in fact. don't think; just listen.

Thanks hahathat, that comment right there should be the end of the discussion. You are dead on.

Guest Vegeta897

Can't you just not click on topics that are discussing such things?

Or do people often bring it up in unrelated threads...?

BTW every Aphex Twin track ever created reminds me of the color green.

Oh shit sorry lol

guess I ruined aphex for you

Guest Helper ET

this thread has become rediculous. a simple motion of change in a subforum and everyone freaks out.

"ET YOU ARE SO GODDAMNED STUPID GO SUCK A DICK AND BTW I THINK THIS ALBUM IS PURPLE AND AFX MUSIC IS ALL UPSIDEDOWN AND COOKED AT 451 DEGREES HAHAHA"

oh how clever you are...

I can't create a clear distinction sometimes between sound and vision, so I ask a simple question, and most of you jump on the "lets ruin ET's perspective of AFX while attempting to insult him, be funny, and clever, all at the same time, OMG lol" band wagon.

Alright everyone, you don't like the spoiler tag idea. Stop trying to ruin AFX for me.

the entire aphex twin discography is a spectrum of every colour of the rainbow

wich produces images in my head of lush scottisch landscapes with many sheep present

and rainbows

and every song gives me a happy gleefull feeling

and they also remind me of countries like China and Russia where communism has triumphed, and also reminds me of religious fanatics wich caused the deaths of many people

and sometimes, in the lush scottisch landscapes, i get to see a few homo-erotic images of tony blair dressed as a sheep

But mostly i see these images when im listening to Xtal, Tha, Ageispolis, Heliosphan, Cliffs, Rhubarb, Hankie, Hexagon, Blue Calx, Lichen, Stone in Focus, 4, Fingerbib, Girl/Boy Song, Alberto Balsalm, Acrid Avid Jamshred, Mookid, Vordhosbn, Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount, Avril 14th, Arched Maid Via RDJ, Every Day, Nannou, On, Crying In Your Face, PWSteal.Ldpinch.D, W32.Mydoom.Auatmm, Rushup I Bank 12, IZ-US and Flim

and these tracks range from purple to brown

oh how clever you are...

I can't create a clear distinction sometimes between sound and vision, so I ask a simple question, and most of you jump on the "lets ruin ET's perspective of AFX while attempting to insult him, be funny, and clever, all at the same time, OMG lol" band wagon.

Alright everyone, you don't like the spoiler tag idea. Stop trying to ruin AFX for me.

woops

this thread has become rediculous. a simple motion of change in a subforum and everyone freaks out.

"ET YOU ARE SO GODDAMNED STUPID GO SUCK A DICK AND BTW I THINK THIS ALBUM IS PURPLE AND AFX MUSIC IS ALL UPSIDEDOWN AND COOKED AT 451 DEGREES HAHAHA"

oh how clever you are...

if that ruins afx for you, then you didnt really like it

and we are not freaking out we are just making fun of your proposal

man this is a music forum, we change impressions about the music we like, if you dont want to be contaminated with others impressions simply dont post in a messageboard, cos that is what is all about here

Guest Quixote

Everytime I listen to old Vsnares (That PrintF Shiver in Eternal Darkness I'm so Emo etc album) I picture

a crazy many-armed Snares playing chess with a mirror image of himself. except he's playing at incredible speeds, arms flailing and twisting maniacally ala Rubber Johnny, and the board is crumbling from the force.

PS: only did this because I didn't want to be a jerk in the thread wherein ET suggested it. though I attach images with songs too, I think it is asking a bit much to spoiler tag each one - it's just one person's image, not something like giving away the plot of a movie or somesuch.

Archived