IGNORED

Aphex Twin Signs a TB-303

Five Step Path

Guest Vegeta897

Describe these "scams"

Selling a PS3 box or something and saying in the description that it is just the box is not a scam.

If the seller doesn't give you your item or does not give the item described, eBay will refund you, or find the seller and break his kneecaps or something.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Describe these "scams"

Selling a PS3 box or something and saying in the description that it is just the box is not a scam.

If the seller doesn't give you your item or does not give the item described, eBay will refund you, or find the seller and break his kneecaps or something.

Wasnt the buyers protection 200 bucks max?

Scams include sending a lesser item (i prefer the original walkman in an ipod package one) to not sending anything at all, also selling stolen stuff for cheap. Getting something for free, they basically fake sell something of equal value to the auction item they want, and make the buyer of their nonexistant item deposit cash in the sellers bank account.guy gets his money, you get your item, all the buyer got out of you was an email address. But they operate within swedish subsidiaries of ebay that are less refund happy.

Online tradesites are fucked up, its the new black market and scambonanza

I dont condone any of this by the way.. Just be on the lookout

Guest HokusPoker
just sent your 303 to Rephlex, backed up by a note asking if Rich wants to sign it...

that's cheaper I guess. although there is a possibility you'll never get it back, or his signature isn't what you expected...

You just sent my 303 to Rephlex?? HOW could you do that???

I don't even own one.

Oh, and given you don't expect him to pee on it: yes, you might be right, it will be unexpected.

Fucksake, are people really that dumb? $910, the fucking world's gone mad...

Are you kidding? 303's usually sell for $2,000 and upwards.

10 years ago maybe.

If people pay more than $2000 for one they're even more dumb than I thought. This archaic bit of kit has been emulated so many times both digitally and analoguely paying that much is insane, especially given these people are probably bidding soley for the (fake) signature.

But hey, nothing sounds as "warm" as an original one right? Pish....

imo obviously.

From ebay auction:

Q: Hi, when or where can we see photos of the selling item? I'm a little skeptical that someone is willing to sell something signed by the man himself. Feb-19-08

A: I hear ya. i cant believe im selling it either!!.. I will post pics very soon..

Well, I can't wait to at least see the pictures...

Fucksake, are people really that dumb? $910, the fucking world's gone mad...

Are you kidding? 303's usually sell for $2,000 and upwards.

10 years ago maybe.

If people pay more than $2000 for one they're even more dumb than I thought. This archaic bit of kit has been emulated so many times both digitally and analoguely paying that much is insane, especially given these people are probably bidding soley for the (fake) signature.

But hey, nothing sounds as "warm" as an original one right? Pish....

imo obviously.

My bud has been in the market for a 303 for a few months now, and $2,000 is the mean price of most of the auctions he's seen on ebay. Yes, the 303 has been emulated, reproduced, everything. But none of the reproductions sound exactly like a 303. Personally, I don't care. I'd rather get a xoxbox, which is much cheaper. But my bro really wants a 303, so he's saving up.

My bud has been in the market for a 303 for a few months now, and $2,000 is the mean price of most of the auctions he's seen on ebay. Yes, the 303 has been emulated, reproduced, everything. But none of the reproductions sound exactly like a 303. Personally, I don't care. I'd rather get a xoxbox, which is much cheaper. But my bro really wants a 303, so he's saving up.

This would be a nice one to own, that is if everything is as advertised...

I BIT $10,000! ANYTHING IS WORTH FOR RDJ.

I BIT a $100 bill one, it didn't taste so good...

side note, maybe I can understand insane bidding on 303 that BELONGED to him, but just one he signed? we'll see how much it goes for I guess...

so how much would a used toliet signed by Aphex be worth?

Another question posted on the eBay auction:

Q: Perhaps you could kindly explain HOW exactly you were able to get this 303 signed by aphex twin? Thanks :) Feb-20-08

A: 1993 Richard James / Aphex Twin was touring with Moby. yes, MOBY believe it or not . anyway, I was living in Denver at the time. Went to the sound check before the show and was able to get him to sign my silver box. He actually thought it was a clever idea. Plus was very strange watching him connecting his set up on the floor.

True he did tour with Moby (and Vapourspce) but who carries their 303 around? Was he truly a big enough fan in '93 to have his very expensive gear signed? Good foresight if so... I still want to see that pic!

Guest Helper ET

it's not a very good story because nobody brings their 303 to a concert.

"hey wanna go see Aphex Twin"?

"sweet dude, just let me go grab my synthesizer"

that, added to the no picture thing............cmon it's totally fake. right?

i have it already. not for sale. he made the afx logo with his own poo.

i also owe a poo signed by afx. he wrote his name with his fingers.

hobotuss2.jpg

LOL!!! I also thought about first posing how much a dried turd signed in permanent marker would be worth, but went with the toliet instead...

So his fingers probably smelt good, considering it's Rich and all. Was this picture taken before or after the poo signing?

i have it already. not for sale. he made the afx logo with his own poo.

i also owe a poo signed by afx. he wrote his name with his fingers.

hobotuss2.jpg

LOL!!! I also thought about first posing how much a dried turd signed in permanent marker would be worth, but went with the toliet instead...

So his fingers probably smelt good, considering it's Rich and all. Was this picture taken before or after the poo signing?

after the poo, definitely. see how relaxed he looks.

biggest crock of shit ever

Nice name

after the poo, definitely. see how relaxed he looks.

Definitely, cuddled and ready for rest. He has to wake up in the morning and compose some more electronic music you know...

I seem to recall a 303 owned by both Richard and then Mike Paradinas sold for less on ebay last year. It wasn't signed though.

Compare the signature to this one that I found online some time ago and it looks semi legitimate... :undecided:

sig.gif

Archived