IGNORED

Aphex Twin confirmed for Coachella

Guest Dassler

Sorry I'm flying I wish I could help.

Gotcha, I was thinking of buying plane tickets as well, but who knows...

maybe I will see you there

you staying at hotel in indio, how you getting to the show from there, bus?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skabio

Yea I'm in a hotel and I rented a car. I've seen people bumming rides to the fest from the psp airport and I would be happy to help as well if asked. I get in at 10:30am Friday.

Yea I'm in a hotel and I rented a car. I've seen people bumming rides to the fest from the psp airport and I would be happy to help as well if asked. I get in at 10:30am Friday.

awesome. I have a friend who lives in SD and might end up staying there, but might still want to catch a ride to go to the show with another fan

Cool just let me know with a pm or just post here. I'll try and check.

Will do, also my buddy in SD said he can get some kill as well

My buddy actually lives in San Jose, but I will stay there and travel to the show. Who here is all going to this show? Does anyone think it would be a problem with security/staff if I bring a Sony DVD recorder to the event? Either way I'll try...

My buddy actually lives in San Jose, but I will stay there and travel to the show. Who here is all going to this show? Does anyone think it would be a problem with security/staff if I bring a Sony DVD recorder to the event? Either way I'll try...

Says videocams are prohibited but you could try I guess, depends on how attached to it you are. I'm just going to use a regular camera. Not the best quality video but at least it's something.

i'm going and have been before. rule of thumb is trying to get the camera in until someone stops you. in the past it has seemed pretty easy to slip it past them.

Alright. I think I am leaving the DV recorder behind... :undecided: pretty costly if it does get confiscated. I'll take my small digital camera, I can still record video and/or just audio; or a combination of audio and video perhaps. I was thinking/hoping there will be some high quality audio recordings from others, so I might want to focus on doing a little video recording. Perhaps I'll do nothing and just enjoy the show and take some pictures

Alright. I think I am leaving the DV recorder behind... :undecided: pretty costly if it does get confiscated. I'll take my small digital camera, I can still record video and/or just audio; or a combination of audio and video perhaps. I was thinking/hoping there will be some high quality audio recordings from others, so I might want to focus on doing a little video recording. Perhaps I'll do nothing and just enjoy the show and take some pictures

they wouldn't confiscate anything, they'd just tell you you couldn't bring it in or to take it back to the car. they'd not let themselves be held responsible and liable for holding on to your stuff. i think you should bring everything and then if they tell you that you can't bring one of the things in, they'll probably over look another smaller thing perhaps. i'd encourage anyone to bring whatever they could to record honestly. something is bound to make it in.

Guest Dassler

yeah, they would just tell you to take it back to your car, but you just have to try again in a different line. I've seen many people in the past sneak in dslr cameras.

I'm thinking to record some video with my digital camera as well. I was thinking to get some audio recording gear but can't afford it right now.

also, there are some lockers inside the festival where you can put your backpack, merch, etc. I rented one last year and worked pretty good since I didn't want to carry my backpack all day around. Looks like the small one is no longer available, but you always can split costs for a medium one. those are pretty big. http://lockersonline.com/reserve.html

and Prince was just added to the lineup.

• 2 weeks later...

they wouldn't confiscate anything, they'd just tell you you couldn't bring it in or to take it back to the car. they'd not let themselves be held responsible and liable for holding on to your stuff. i think you should bring everything and then if they tell you that you can't bring one of the things in, they'll probably over look another smaller thing perhaps. i'd encourage anyone to bring whatever they could to record honestly. something is bound to make it in.

I decided I'm going to try and at least bring my DV cam in, and my regular digital camera for pics/audio.

Aphex Twin in the US in less than a week... So, who all here is still going???

I decided I'm going to try and at least bring my DV cam in, and my regular digital camera for pics/audio.

Aphex Twin in the US in less than a week... So, who all here is still going???

i just talked to a friend that has media pass stuff and we're going to meet up beforehand. i should just give him my video camera. what are people using for portable recording devices these days, hopefully with an adjustable gain?

who want to contribute $10 to the soundboard bribery fund?

I will, and then some. I want the best recordings possible, it is possible someone else will have it done right, but just in case...

I have a Canon SD1000 (records regular audio at 44.100kHz, and video at 30 or 15 fps at 320x240 or 640x240) and a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD Digital Camera Recorder (this is what I really hope to use...)

Check your PM SPD²

Guest Kibreg

FUCK.

am working Friday early afternoon but should be able to get on the road by 4pm-ish. I'm 2 hours from coachella.

anyone know approx WHAT TIME afx will be playing? any guesstimates based on billing and past years?

edit: I'm now hearing that set times will be announced within the next 2 days

but those change due to acts that don't show or scheduling difficulties. that being said i'd be willing to bet the bigger the act, the closer to prime time they'll be playing. in 2001 Plaid and Squarepusher played somewhere between 3:00 and 5:00 but they weren't very big acts compared to some of the rest of the stuff that year. Aphex seems like maybe a 8:00 to 10:00 pm act, but then of course thats a guess.

Guest Dassler

yes. set times will be announced within the next 2 days, but I'm pretty sure they will be up by tomorrow night.

and my guess is that Aphex will be playing after 7pm. In the Sahara (dance tent) for sure.

I'm down for the contribution, or if you need something just let me know.

Guest skabio

I would guess a later time slot. They usually go by the size of their name on the poster or so I've seen. My guess is 9pm. I'll be there waiting with my Hunter S. Thompson shirt on. Come and find me if you dare.

Archived