IGNORED

Autechre feat. Rakim ...again

Guest lim

Autechre_feat._Rakim___Rale___Let_the_Rhythm_Hit___em__Lim_Edit_.mp3

Instead of just beat-matching the acapella, I warped it and adjusted the pacing to rush the vocals a bit more, line them up with all the little metallic flourishes, and match that pitched down vocal shit or whatever toward the end. I still don't know why the acapella is missing the last verse or why it isn't totally an acapella. But yeah...anyway, hope you enjoy it.

The rakim mashup is excellent. Works like a charm! More of this please!

you should edit the title though... "let the rale hit em" or something alike ;)

Pir in Full

Follow the Leterel

Maetl the Crowd

Eric B. is Parhelic

Lyrics of Fernium

And on and on and on; we need a full album of this.

Nice work.

:beer:

• 2 weeks later...

i'm down... eric b & rakim is one of my fav hip hop groups of all time... and of course autechre is my fav electronic artists!

years ago, i saw ae at coachella and lyrics of fury (or microphone fiend, i can't remember) was warped into their set... for some reason, the coachella mp3s i have don't have it!

Guest Scrambled Ears
lim: i noticed that in the thread title, you have "again". was there another you made?

!

i too would love to get my hands on some more of these mash-ups. this one has been on rotation in the car, at home, @ work. lim i gotta say im a big fan. quality shit.

i'm partial to the original version, as well as most of let the rhythm hit 'em. hate to be a stickler

rale is neither rhythmically-satisfying nor hard-hitting, whereas the original rakim track has all that exhalation and pulse going on

Yes, it fits very well, I really like the ending as well: "...was the rhythm" *the last sound you hear in rale*

It's cool, very dark lol

Guest analogue wings
i'm partial to the original version, as well as most of let the rhythm hit 'em. hate to be a stickler

rale is neither rhythmically-satisfying nor hard-hitting, whereas the original rakim track has all that exhalation and pulse going on

i too would have gone for a harder ae track - they certainly gots em!

cool idea tho - keep em coming

lim: i noticed that in the thread title, you have "again". was there another you made?

No, the "again" refers to the first being the "Cdown" + "Microphone Fiend" mix from Coachella.

i too would love to get my hands on some more of these mash-ups. this one has been on rotation in the car, at home, @ work. lim i gotta say im a big fan. quality shit.

Thanks. The same acapella works pretty well over Afrika Bambaataa's "Tension." The rapid-fire bass drums line up like exactly with "party people pumping their fists like this."

Yes, it fits very well, I really like the ending as well: "...was the rhythm" *the last sound you hear in rale*

It's cool, very dark lol

I'll admit the flow really breaks down at certain points, but, yeah, the lining up the vocals with the other sounds was originally what I had heard for this...glad you liked it.

No, the "again" refers to the first being the "Cdown" + "Microphone Fiend" mix from Coachella.

do you have this? i have 2 coachella mp3s but the track is in niether of them... i was there and remember it... it was dope!

do you have this? i have 2 coachella mp3s but the track is in niether of them... i was there and remember it... it was dope!

Here.

The FLAC of that part of the show is fucked up, or maybe my download was bad, but I've been meaning to finally split those into tracks proper.

Archived